Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS thread

11 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Dear Christ, that’s a reach. 

I think thats a something that came out of a statement from Rockstar around the PC and next gen versions of GTAV,  on the benefits of the first person view together with finer textures + longer draw distance.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

If its anything like previous X enhanced games, its going to be a package of light and shadow effects, higher res textures and a resolution bump. Maybe cb 4K30.

• Upvote 1

I just want to say that I thought the Edge preview was really good. It’s really got me hyped.

But @Nate Dogg III, have you seen the mistake on the first page of the mag? It says ‘only’ twice. I demand a refund!

Thank you and curse you. 

I’ve seen it, yes. It’s one of the more mistake-prone pages in the mag, probably because it’s the last thing I write each issue, by which point I am at least 80 per cent dead. I’m sorry and will pay more attention. 

• Empathy 3

I loved the feature too, there's been some great write ups in recent issues, especially in the columnist sections.

Is everybody banding together for RDR2? Feel free to add me on PS4: smithstock

It's coming up to my four yearly ritual of booking the day off work, gathering supplies and setting up the faraday cage - ready to hunker down and smash it. I don't doubt it might be a better experience for having a slow burn but I don't get opportunities like this very often - I'll be sinking in plenty of time, especially given it's my birthday just before launch. 

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

45 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Is there anywhere doing the xbox digital version at a decent price? No way am I paying a tenner more than the physical version

Try switching regions or picking up some cheap credit from cdkeys or the like.

2 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Is there anywhere doing the xbox digital version at a decent price? No way am I paying a tenner more than the physical version

Buy three £20 Xbox cards from CDKeys for £50.97. You can get 3% off one or a couple of those by using their Facebook page too.

• Upvote 6

Thanks for the heads up, that’s what I’ve just done. Nice to know it will be downloaded and ready to play... unless there will suddenly be a huge patch to download when it’s ‘released’? :unsure:

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Buy three £20 Xbox cards from CDKeys for £50.97. You can get 3% off one of a couple of those by using their Facebook page too.

This is what I did. The 3% didn’t seem to work though even though it accepted the code. Also tried to purchase the actual game through the MS website for an extra 3% cash back but that didn’t seem to track. 

EDIT: I’m wrong, I got £4.24 cash back from the MS store. Pretty decent. That’s about £46 digital split between two people via game sharing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Buy three £20 Xbox cards from CDKeys for £50.97. You can get 3% off one of a couple of those by using their Facebook page too.

Brilliant. So glad I hung fire for a few days.

Not long now people.

So, will you be playing in first or third person?

I'm a fan of first person for many games, although I played GTA in 3rd and The Witcher was also in 3rd.  You get to see around corners and behind you much easier in 3rd but I think it takes away from the immersiveness a little, I think I am going to give this a try in first person, as long as it feels right.

I'm planning on going 3rd person without the mini map. Might try the first person view to see how it feels but I'm quite certain that 3rd person will be the way to go for me, personally. 

I'm really looking forward to the next forty hours I've got left with Dragon Quest at the moment, so this isn't anywhere on my radar right now. Be interested to see if the reviews mid-week change any of that, but nothing I've watched so far has me frothing at the mouth to play it just yet. 

I loved GTA in first person but the gun controls were really janky so it depends on whether they’ve managed to get that element smoother or not as to what mode I’ll play. It’s good to have both options though. 

17 hours ago, Paulando said:

Buy three £20 Xbox cards from CDKeys for £50.97. You can get 3% off one or a couple of those by using their Facebook page too.

Thanks for this, I pretty much never go digital for retail games but midnight unlock plus the fact I'll be playing it for ages makes it too tempting at the same price as retail.

45 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Not long now people.

So, will you be playing in first or third person?

I'm a fan of first person for many games, although I played GTA in 3rd and The Witcher was also in 3rd.  You get to see around corners and behind you much easier in 3rd but I think it takes away from the immersiveness a little, I think I am going to give this a try in first person, as long as it feels right.

I think I'll see what reviews say, and whether the game feels as playable in first person as it does in third. Can't help but suspect that it'll inevitably be designed more around third person. Plus you don't get to see your character's outfits in first...I can imagine it being incredibly immersive if done well though.

Just a heads up, footage is starting to leak, so be wary of any story spoilers that might start appearing online.

I've just seen some non-spoiler gameplay, which did look amazing - not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, but it's on the /reddeadredemption subreddit if you want to view it.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just a heads up, footage is starting to leak, so be wary of any story spoilers that might start appearing online.

I've just seen some non-spoiler gameplay, which did look amazing - not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, but it's on the /reddeadredemption subreddit if you want to view it.

Go on, stick the link up.