Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS thread

To be fair, it's kind of realistic. If you were driving down a busy street and knocked over a pedestrian, then I'm pretty sure they'll take offense. ;)

I happened across a man in the wilderness who was lost on the way to Strawberry. I said I'd lead him there. After a couple of minutes, he accidentally and very gently brushes against the back end of my horse and then runs off screaming calling me a monster. I then get minus points for being "dishonourable". :rolleyes:

I've just bought the crafting upgrade for the camp and I need perfect pelts and carcasses to upgrade anything. I didn't properly learn how to hunt, but every time I've killed something - even a clean shot with the bow - it's never been perfect. How do I get perfect pelts?

47 minutes ago, Monkeyboy said:

I happened across a man in the wilderness who was lost on the way to Strawberry. I said I'd lead him there. After a couple of minutes, he accidentally and very gently brushes against the back end of my horse and then runs off screaming calling me a monster. I then get minus points for being "dishonourable". :rolleyes:

The same thing happened to me and everyone else I've spoken to who tried that quest. I'm not sure if it's an intentional joke or not - you spend ages leading him there and get sod all for it.

“Place the bait at the large rocks.”

*screen entirely full of large rocks, one of which continues the tutorial, the others causing mission failure if you put the bait there*

• Upvote 3

I have a $300 bounty on me. No idea what I did wrong. Must have been very early in the game

Is a $300 bounty a lot? Do I need to pay it or can I just avoid the area for a while and it'll go?

11 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I've just bought the crafting upgrade for the camp and I need perfect pelts and carcasses to upgrade anything. I didn't properly learn how to hunt, but every time I've killed something - even a clean shot with the bow - it's never been perfect. How do I get perfect pelts?

You need a clean shot on a 3 Star animal. It tell you what rating it is when you're aiming at it. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

The same thing happened to me and everyone else I've spoken to who tried that quest. I'm not sure if it's an intentional joke or not - you spend ages leading him there and get sod all for it.

Worked fine for me, talking about the bloke from NY?

30 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

• Upvote 1

While playing this evening, every so often the border of the screen flashed red and there was some odd noise. Not seen it before...does anybody know what it is in relation to? Thanks

1 hour ago, Sng said:

I have a $300 bounty on me. No idea what I did wrong. Must have been very early in the game

Is a $300 bounty a lot? Do I need to pay it or can I just avoid the area for a while and it'll go?

Depending on where you are in the game that might be a lot, it might not. Personally I'd go into a town, start firing my gun into the sky and then surrender to the law. You have to do a night in the slammer and they'll take your cash, but it'll clear the bounty, refill your cores and your trusty stead will be waiting for you in the morning. 

I'm on a secon playthrough, near the end of Chapter 2. Wasn't affected by the missing John/Abi/Jack/Sadie bug, but Charles is missing. His marker is there for the side mission, but he's not there, and I can't do the mission. 

Giving dogs love in this game should be a mechanic adopted by every game produced hither with dogs in it. Fact. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

While playing this evening, every so often the border of the screen flashed red and there was some odd noise. Not seen it before...does anybody know what it is in relation to? Thanks

I thought this was when either you've run over an animal or your horse has been hurt in some way.

Any misgivings about the bad tutorial were undone when I caught a game bird with my face while riding on horseback and triumphantly returned it to the camp.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Aeglos said:

I thought this was when either you've run over an animal or your horse has been hurt in some way.

It was doing it while I was on a fishing mission with somebody. No idea what is causing it!

Damn Cougar. Can't believe i've wasted so much of my real life hunting the thing.

I only need that for the "Satchel of the west" or whatever its called.

In other news....i got raped in the bum. 

11 hours ago, snowbind said:

Depending on where you are in the game that might be a lot, it might not. Personally I'd go into a town, start firing my gun into the sky and then surrender to the law. You have to do a night in the slammer and they'll take your cash, but it'll clear the bounty, refill your cores and your trusty stead will be waiting for you in the morning. 

Early on in the game, this is an especially useful tactic when you actually have little or no cash. Your bounty is still cleared by your night in chokey, even if you can't pay it.

I did a side mission for an old man in Rhodes yesterday.

Went into his repossessed house and got him his stuff back - I read all the letters and his diary etc. and wish I hadn't bothered as he was involved in the slavery business. After I'd just done a Lenny mission where Lenny explains the racism he has faced, it felt right to return this old bastards stuff and, once I got mission complete, I shot him in the ear with a double barrel shotgun.

5 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

Damn Cougar. Can't believe i've wasted so much of my real life hunting the thing.

I only need that for the "Satchel of the west" or whatever its called.

In other news....i got raped in the bum. 

Older women are more experimental, I've heard.

Apparently so...

I love how this game totally nails the feeling of the Bayou compared to the greener heartlands and lush alpine valleys.

It goes from lush to dank, mangy, grim shit.

• Upvote 1