Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

3 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Game are opening at 11pm on Thursday for this. I popped down at lunchtime to pre-order, and they also said i could pop back down tomorrow to pay off the full amount, and just turn up with a receipt Thursday night to pick up the game. Also mentioned that they are doing 25% extra on trade ins against Red Dead.

This was the Barry store (South Wales).

Wtf man that's my home town! :wub:

https://kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466

Some fans have asked if they should avoid buying or playing Red Dead Redemption 2 to show support for those who had tough experiences making it, but many of Rockstar’s current and former employees—even those who had the worst things to say about the company—say they’re against the idea. For one, those who put long weeks into the game want people to see what they’ve done. Also, given that this year’s bonuses will be based on royalties, any sort of large-scale boycott may hurt Rockstar employees more than it helps, some current employees have said. What fans can instead do, those people say, is speak out about crunch and workplace issues like this, helping put public pressure on the company.

23 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

Or alternatively, you could take a look at the game before deciding to drop fifty quid on it.

Fair dos. I think you can be fairly sure of what you’re going to be getting with a Rockstar open-world game though. Plus the fact I’d ideally like to have it mostly done by the time Battlefield V drops and proceeds to consume my life, as I’m sure you of all people can appreciate. :P

In the final year of development on Red Dead Redemption 2, the upcoming Western game, the top directors decided to add black bars to the top and bottom of every non-interactive cutscene in hopes of making those scenes feel more cinematic, like an old-school cowboy film.

Everyone agreed it was the right creative move, but there was a catch: It would add weeks of work to many people’s schedules.

“You can’t just slap black bars on the cinematics we’ve already shot,” said one person who worked on the game. “You have to reframe the camera so that the cinematics flow in a particular way, and you’re emphasizing what you weren’t emphasizing initially with that shot.”

:doh:

8 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

It's defo not a launch game for me. Footage I've seen just looks like more of the same Rockstar (curmudgeon). 

Well when you consider the leaps between their games and generations I'm pretty excited to see what they bring to the table with this one, their first new game since GTA V in 2013 and first this generation. I don't know what you've seen but it doesn't look like a game you could possibly judge based on only a few minutes or even seconds of footage.

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well when you consider the leaps between their games and generations I'm pretty excited to see what they bring to the table with this one, their first new game since GTA V in 2013 and first this generation. I don't know what you've seen but it doesn't look like a game you could possibly judge based on only a few minutes or even seconds of footage.

Yeah that's exactly how I was feeling. Eager to see if they've finally managed to evolve the actual gameplay. I haven't seen enough to convince me one way or another, but I've seen enough to make me concerned. 

I was on the fence with this one as from what I've seen it looks like the typical Rockstar mission fare but prettier. 

Driving over some shit and getting two punctures has made sure I can't afford it this month. 

I'm sure it'll be great so looking forward to hearing what you lot think of it. 

6 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

Yeah that's exactly how I was feeling. Eager to see if they've finally managed to evolve the actual gameplay. I haven't seen enough to convince me one way or another, but I've seen enough to make me concerned. 

Same here, I hope it's changed but fear it hasn't. 

Cue me chucking TR in the bin and running down the shops on Fri afternoon. ;) 

27 minutes ago, stan said:

Hey guys, really not up for paying £49.99 for this 60 hour epic that’s been 8 years in the making and the passion of 100s of incredibly talented people does anyone know an intricate convoluted method involving challenger banks, dubious codes and foreign stores so I can make a saving of less than a pint of beer? Otherwise I’ll probably sit this one out 

You're not missing much mate, I watched that 24 second clip twice and it's just a bunch of cowboys and that. The horse manes don't even have tressfx.

24 minutes ago, stan said:

Hey guys, really not up for paying £49.99 for this 60 hour epic that’s been 8 years in the making and the passion of 100s of incredibly talented people does anyone know an intricate convoluted method involving challenger banks, dubious codes and foreign stores so I can make a saving of less than a pint of beer? Otherwise I’ll probably sit this one out 

This site looks suitably dodgy if you want to pay £48.99 for the Xbone digital version and potentially get scammed.

https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Digital-Download-Key-(Xbox-One).html

2 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

This site looks suitably dodgy if you want to pay £48.99 for the Xbone digital version and potentially get scammed.

https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Digital-Download-Key-(Xbox-One).html

It’s £36.95 here https://www.mtcgame.com/tr-TR/xbox-games-us/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-games-us

I’m assuming there’s a catch here too?

I've got the fear over this one. Looks like it might be the first game (which I adored), plus joys of new tech and some Zelda-esque open-world magic. My god it's a commitment, though. 60 hours is The Wire territory. Yet I had so much fun discovering BotW with everyone else. I'm leaning towards the digital pre-order and getting it downloaded nice and ready for Saturday morning.

4 hours ago, papalazarou said:
  Hide contents

Peeps who have been leaking the special edition maps on the new Austin map Mexico’s  on it but the details are faded though you can make out places etc.. so maybe just maybe we will get Mexico  in dlc at some stage? 

4 hours ago, papalazarou said:
  Hide contents

Peeps who have been leaking the special edition maps on the new Austin map Mexico’s  on it but the details are faded though you can make out places etc.. so maybe just maybe we will get Mexico  in dlc at some stage? 

Spoiler

You could say it’s behind a pay wall. Bloody Americans :lol:

4 hours ago, Majora said:

I have a telephone interview at 10:30 on Friday morning so naturally l will be staying up until midnight when this unlocks, playing for a few hours, then cramming in about 6 hours sleep so I'm not a zombie for the phone interview. 

Be careful you don’t accidentally greet the interviewer with “Howdy Partner?” :lol:  

Someone on Reddit had bought a digital version of the game for his Xbox, last night he decided to boot up the game just to see if it would play and guess what .. it did.

He has posted videos of his hardware to provide it and a few non-spoiler videos of gameplay. Can see his messages and videos here

How crazy is that.

35 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Someone on Reddit had bought a digital version of the game for his Xbox, last night he decided to boot up the game just to see if it would play and guess what .. it did.

He has posted videos of his hardware to provide it and a few non-spoiler videos of gameplay. Can see his messages and videos here

How crazy is that.

I tried this last weekend. It didn't work :(

1 minute ago, grounded_dreams said:

Has been confirmed how long it takes it to install the game from a physical copy, ouch:

That's interesting. It sounds like it uses a similar system to GTAV, which streamed from the disc and the HDD at the same time to maximise the bandwidth. I wonder if this means that disc owners will get a slightly better experience?

5 minutes ago, Pob said:

That's interesting. It sounds like it uses a similar system to GTAV, which streamed from the disc and the HDD at the same time to maximise the bandwidth. I wonder if this means that disc owners will get a slightly better experience?

That can't be right. Literally no PS4 or Xbox One games use the Blu-Ray for data streaming. 

3 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

That can't be right. Literally no PS4 or Xbox One games use the Blu-Ray for data streaming. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. Does that mean it's not possible? Or are Blu-Ray drives just too slow to make it worthwhile?