IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

Mr Do 71

On 19/12/2018 at 21:59, Alex W. said:

Yeah, I stumbled upon...

Reveal hidden contents

...a Heaven’s Gate type scenario...

...and it was absolutely eerie in a way that wouldn’t have been as striking if it had kicked off a scripted event. 

There actually is a sorta-scripted thing attached to this, if you're there at the right time. It's not like a cutscene or a mission or anything. I just happened to stumble across it at the right moment to trigger it, which made it even more creepy and immersive.

15 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

And this:

That happened to me too. I didn't even speak to the guy, he just got up and ran into his camp fire. 

So I just went exploring yesterday and, although I have uncovered all of the map - apart from South West of Black Water - I found loads of really cool places that are not places you'd go to if you just stuck to the main quests and most of the Stranger side-missions.

A hut near the North with a massive grizzly bear hanging around. I shot it and skinned it, got a perfect pelt and found two dead men near the hut.

A witch with loads of dogs up in the snow.

Legendary Wolf - I didn't even have to track it, it was just stood there by a geiser so I shot him.

A weird guy in a cave called "Hermit" who was seriously strange - looked it up online and apparently, he's satan.  I threw dynamite at him but he didn't die.

A woman called Charlotte who I taught how to hunt in the North West - I'm going back there today to follow up the first mission.

Some guy who had keep out on his shack who apparently doesn't like sales people - I tried to diffuse him but he blew my legs off with a shotgun :( went back and he wasn't there.

20 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Just reached the Epilogue.

No spoilers but damn, I loved every second getting me there. 

It sounds weird but I'd rather not see the end. I've been mates with Arthur so long and enjoyed being him for so long, I'd be upset with him not being around anymore. Even my kids now say "evening' partner" to me. I get a little +1 hat symbol when they do it.

The thing that means this can't be a 10/10 for me is constantly trying to dictate to me how fast I can walk. Fuck you, if I want to run around camp like a mad yolk then I will.

It happens online also, if you get within a hundred yards of your camp or another player's camp your horse instantly develops spina bifida making you a big fat easy target for shooting about the head. 

7 minutes ago, Naieve said:

The thing that means this can't be a 10/10 for me is constantly trying to dictate to me how fast I can walk. Fuck you, if I want to run around camp like a mad yolk then I will.

It happens online also, if you get within a hundred yards of your camp or another player's camp your horse instantly develops spina bifida making you a big fat easy target for shooting about the head. 

That's what stopped me from recently replaying The Last of Us, it's so much worse in that game.

I have finished the main story :(

Good golly gosh, it was a fantastic journey and despite the control issues and some of the little sub standard elements that have been highlighted in usual rllmuk style in this thread, it's up there for me with Breath of The Wild as just a magnificent environment but with the added positive of having a central character with real character. I loved Arthur, he was magnificent.

The visuals on this game never, ever got old. Ever time I played it, I didn't get used to just how detailed the World is and the light in this game is something to behold. 

It is a hell of a long game but what a game.

Merry Xmas Arthur.

Epilogue to play next. Micah can go suck a dick - what a cunt

3 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

Sometimes it’s quicker just to reload when you get into trouble. A woman got shot in Saint Denis. I tried to chase the culprit but got hit by a tram. Went back to the woman’s husband/friend and he attacked me. Suddenly I had a $20 bounty and 6 lawmen chasing me.

That's all part of the fun when it goes to shit :)

I’m about an hour or two into this. God damn the graphics and physics are incredible. And the voice acting. And the audio. And the near-instant restart. How did they do that?

But I will personally smash the face of the director in charge of the control system. Other games like Horizon Zero Dawn do it so much better.

1 hour ago, Camel said:

I'm finding it really hard to love this game. Fiddly controls and annoying menus are a barrier to immersion and I'm unsure about a lot of the various systems but perhaps that will all become clearer later. 

The more you play, the more you realise that most of the various systems are actually 95% irrelevant. I actually ignore nearly everything to do with cleanliness or hunger now.

Gave it a rest for a week or two but last night and this morning I polished off chapter 4 and I’m well in to if not nearly finished on chapter 5.

It could well be game of the generation but I still feel the mission design in GTA V was better generally. Being out in the wilderness and getting distracted by its beauty is this games strong point.