Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

Mr Do 71

Heads-up for the Online if - like me - you've been holding off from entering it until you'd finished the single player campaign. If you log in and play through the online introduction (takes about an hour from creating your player to playing through the first tutorial missions and setting up your camp) by 20th Dec then you'll get some bonus gold bars to get you going.

Slightly spoilerly as the online intro takes place in the

South West corner of the map, but there's very little you need to interact with and if you've played through RDR1 you'll recognise the area anyway.

1 hour ago, Naieve said:

Made less sad because it was the only one that didn't result in a shambolic massacre for me :lol: 

Well, after I'd 

Spoiler

freed the "son" and the owner told me, in tears, to take whatever I liked, I merrily started to rob him blind, only for a townsperson to barge into the shop, catch me in the act and then immediately run out to blab. I gave chase and, long story short, I now have a $250 bounty in Rhodes.

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Well, after I'd 

Hide contents

freed the "son" and the owner told me, in tears, to take whatever I liked, I merrily started to rob him blind, only for a townsperson to barge into the shop, catch me in the act and then immediately run out to blab. I gave chase and, long story short, I now have a $250 bounty in Rhodes.

Same thing happened to me. Was well pissed off.

6 hours ago, neoELITE said:

OK. I found this.

Hide contents

It's the mission start with Micah where you go and steal some explsosives . In the house at the start, I noticed a window broken on the second floor so went in.

19-12-2018_15-19-50-2cfn1rem.png.fcf8742d5f8b1ab7186f8b2348a5c547.png

I found that the other day as well. I wonder if it’s something to do with the dude with the Tesla tower and whether you can bring it to life.

On a slightly negative note, that’s one of the things that bothers me about the game. I’ve found quite a few of these odd things now - Hobbit House, Witches Cauldron, etc - and my mind runs away with how cool the mission I’m about to kick off will play out, but then nothing happens and I wander off wondering what the point of it was. It’s like they added all these hidden secrets, but never got round to actually finishing off the encounters. It’s pretty disappointing and makes the world outside of the main missions feel interactively empty.

28 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

On the other hand, I'd argue such discoveries give the world a richer feel than just a selection of encounters for Arthur.

To explain a bit further, what I think it is, is that even though these discoveries do make the world richer, it would be so much better if you could investigate the scenarios further. They offer a glimpse of some mysterious or disturbing situations, but that’s all you get. They feel cut short and, to me at least, it’s hugely deflating to know I can’t dig any further to find out the reasons behind these things. There is absolutely no reason to give them anything other than a passing glance, as there’s nothing of worth from them.

So, that richness you mention, just comes across as wafer thin to me.