Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

Mr Do 71

10 hours ago, Camel said:

Not read any of this thread so apologies if asked already. Why is the selfie camera option greyed out 90% of the time?

I think you have to imagine Arthur is setting the camera down, so if that space is not available (in a river, building, horse, water, off a cliff, etc) it won’t let you take a selfie. Spider-Man had it easy...

10 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I didn't even have an incident involving his leg.

I think you’re talking about different people. You meet the guy @Len is talking about out in the wilderness and he gives you proper missions, but there are a couple of other injured veterans in Valentine and Rhodes who you can just chat to without ever getting missions from them.

1 hour ago, Wallace said:

It's all a bit Truman Show. 

That sums it up nicely for me, the world is full of little dioramas that work extremely well for what they are, but we're very much aware that they're hand crafted individual moments rather than the product of systems coming together. I enjoy them, but it's theatre.

When you're off on horseback riding through the countryside, taking in the scenes, it's at its most immersive for me. Much like how Euro Truck Simulator is immersive when you're just driving at night down a motorway with the rain lashing off the windscreen, there's effectiveness in its simplicity. 

4 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I think you have to imagine Arthur is setting the camera down, so if that space is not available (in a river, building, horse, water, off a cliff, etc) it won’t let you take a selfie. Spider-Man had it easy...

I read that elsewhere, but it's greyed out when there are big areas of space all around. Guess it's just shit then?

5 hours ago, MrCarrot said:

I think you’re talking about different people. You meet the guy @Len is talking about out in the wilderness and he gives you proper missions, but there are a couple of other injured veterans in Valentine and Rhodes who you can just chat to without ever getting missions from them.

@Uncle Mike

Aah yes, think @MrCarrot is right. My bloke is up by the lake you hunted the legendary bear with Hosea earlier on in chapter 2. Think yours is the the one you keep meeting who, like you say, just grumbles away and does nowt.

11 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Do most people unlock fast travel early on? I'm typing this with one hand as I hold A with the other to follow a boring path I've been on dozens of times before, for about 10 minutes straight. 

I unlocked it fairly early but I hardly ever used it because half the time you're far from camp and it'd take you the same length of time to travel back to camp and fast travel to wherever than it would to just go there without fast travel.

Just holding down the button and auto-following the trails seems like a waste. It’s loads more fun if you navigate manually without the GPS route and/or if you try to take them as fast as possible. 

I've just started this. Played it for about an hour this evening. First impressions are that the movement is clumsy, everything is ridiculously detailed and that the story and characters are already engaging. I've already been caught on a piece of scenery and had to restart, however. And in the mission where you have to hunt for deer, holding L2 to focus on the deer while aiming at them automatically made me walk forward - is that supposed to happen? Because it made it a lot bloody harder to actually kill the deer.

12 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Do most people unlock fast travel early on? I'm typing this with one hand as I hold A with the other to follow a boring path I've been on dozens of times before, for about 10 minutes straight. 

If you're travelling between missions, set a waypoint on the map, get some speed up on the path, hold down the cinematic button and you can put the controller down. In missions, you have to hold the run button unfortunately.

I was passing through Van Horn last night (what a place by the way, probably my favourite) and I thought I’d stop at the saloon for a shot of whiskey and although it wasn’t showing up as a marker I found a missing poster pinned outside. It was for a little girl that hadn’t been seen for 15 years, with a reward of $100, but that seemed to be it. No marker appeared in an area for me to explore, so I’m at a bit of a loss. Has anyone else done it and can you give me any gentle pointers? Also, where abouts in my satchel can I find the poster, I’d like to examine it again to see if there are any clues I’ve missed?

19 minutes ago, JPL said:

I was passing through Van Horn last night (what a place by the way, probably my favourite) and I thought I’d stop at the saloon for a shot of whiskey and although it wasn’t showing up as a marker I found a missing poster pinned outside. It was for a little girl that hadn’t been seen for 15 years, with a reward of $100, but that seemed to be it. No marker appeared in an area for me to explore, so I’m at a bit of a loss. Has anyone else done it and can you give me any gentle pointers? Also, where abouts in my satchel can I find the poster, I’d like to examine it again to see if there are any clues I’ve missed?

Ah the princess.... A mystery still.

5 hours ago, Danster said:

Ah the princess.... A mystery still.

I’ll keep looking then. I need to scour Van Horn properly. It looks like the kind of place someone could easily go missing.

Can anyone let me know how to get the poster up again? I’ve got so many things in the documents section of my satchel, but none are marked as missing posters.

I recently (and belatedly) discovered that all of my sins in the wider world could be absolved simply by spamming greet to everyone in town as I pass by. I reckon the exchange rate is something like 5 greets to 1 senseless killing, which seems like quite good value. I've also started helping out in a few of the minor stranger scenarios where I couldn't really be bothered in the past - I didn't exactly do my karma many favours previously when I let go of the trap on the hunter's leg halfway through prying it open, for example, though he still seemed happy enough that I saved him when he later managed to repeat the same misfortune. This combination now has me so far into the white that I assume Arthur's canonisation cannot be too far away, especially with the nun owing him a few favours.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

I’ll keep looking then. I need to scour Van Horn properly. It looks like the kind of place someone could easily go missing.

Can anyone let me know how to get the poster up again? I’ve got so many things in the documents section of my satchel, but none are marked as missing posters.

It’s a mystery as in no one knows where she is.

Same as Gavin.

Probably

I'm trying to 100% this but I seem to have come across a bug...

I've done the missions, legendary animals, dreamcatchers, bones, stone carvings etc... - but I have a problem with the Legendary fish.

I have one which i got in a mission with Hamish - but I can't find anymore. I have the map from the fisherman - and they're displaying on my normal game map, but I can't catch any. A friend told me she gets a notification when near a legendary fish (similar to the animal notification) but I don't even get that.

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?

3 minutes ago, Paul3704 said:

I'm trying to 100% this but I seem to have come across a bug...

I've done the missions, legendary animals, dreamcatchers, bones, stone carvings etc... - but I have a problem with the Legendary fish.

I have one which i got in a mission with Hamish - but I can't find anymore. I have the map from the fisherman - and they're displaying on my normal game map, but I can't catch any. A friend told me she gets a notification when near a legendary fish (similar to the animal notification) but I don't even get that.

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?

Have you bought the 'Special' lures from the bait shop in Lagras? You need to be using the relevant lure (Lake/River/Swamp) in order to catch them. I think I only ever got the notification the first time I was in the area and it was added to the map, don't recall it popping back up when I returned to catch them.

Having said that, I keep meaning to check if mine is bugged, as I've caught 4 or 5 of them now and only ever had a reward in the mail from the first one I sent off.