Jump to content
IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!


Mr Do 71
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

 It's so you can stock yourself up on meds, ammo etc, its very functional.

 

I've got meds and ammo coming out of my arse and have never felt in any danger of running short, I'm like a mobile drugstore and munitions depot. I could supply a small war effort from my saddlebags :lol: 

 

The arrows would be handy as you don't seem to find them as drops, but they only come in 5 at a time :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

 

It's so you can stock yourself up on meds, ammo etc, its very functional.

Can you donate excess ammo and meds from your satchel, in the same way that you can give Pearson food? Or is it just about spending money restocking? They could do that themselves tbf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Can you donate excess ammo and meds from your satchel, in the same way that you can give Pearson food? Or is it just about spending money restocking? They could do that themselves tbf.

Excess ammo???

 

You are not playing this right!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cool Ben said:

Excess ammo???

 

You are not playing this right!

Well, meds then. It's true I wouldn't give over my ammo!

 

Also did anyone find out if you can offload your unused weapons in some way? You should be able to sell them to the gunsmith so they're not clogging up your saddle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to say that if you donate good quality food/keep food topped up in camp then you get some gold cores from eating the stew but I might have just imagined that. I do feel like the effects of the stew haven't always consistently given me gold cores so I assumed that's the reason why. 

 

1 minute ago, Pob said:

 

Also did anyone find out if you can offload your unused weapons in some way? You should be able to sell them to the gunsmith so they're not clogging up your saddle.

 

Yeah, this is a pain. I have several weapons I will never use anymore like the starting shotgun, but I still always have to cycle through them in the menu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pob said:

Can you donate excess ammo and meds from your satchel, in the same way that you can give Pearson food? Or is it just about spending money restocking? They could do that themselves tbf.

 

No, it's spending money for those two, you can't supply meds and ammo like you can food. And I've only done it once when I first bought a load of shit in but I think it might use both your and the camp's money to make the purchases (I can never tell which is which given it's just two figures one over the other) so theoretically the camp could buy in themselves, but then that might lead to them wasting all the money on shit you don't want or need when you'd rather be saving to upgrade Dutch's bed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pob said:

Well, meds then. It's true I wouldn't give over my ammo!

 

Also did anyone find out if you can offload your unused weapons in some way? You should be able to sell them to the gunsmith so they're not clogging up your saddle.

Don't think so.  I think that's just how it gives you access to all the guns.  The worn ones get replaced with better quality ones automatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With respect to the weapons, the only thing I really, really wish the game would do better is to remember which sodding guns you were using last. Assuming I do get off my horse and find I've actually taken some weapons with me - and have re-selected the right ammo, again - it's infuriating to be sneaking about rifle in hand trying to find that elusive perfect rabbit only to be looking so long your rifle gets slung back, you find the rabbit, discover you need to press RT to aim... at which point you pull out your fucking pistol. Aaaaaargh! I was using the rifle! Pull out the rifle again! But you know what it does remember? If you were using a scope. Say I'd been searching with scope, again for said rabbit. Stumble upon one a little closer than expected and it bolts. Shit! That's the first one in ages! On the horse and after it! Seconds later I'm up, very short chase and raise the rifle to lock on with LT and cap it instantly while on the trot... and it raises in fucking scoped mode and I get totally disorientated and let go of LT to get my bearings but you can't de-scope without having the rifle raised so so have to press LT again into scoped mode again just to press down to knock the scope off and the chance has gone. Jesus christ, the game forgets and resets everything else with your weapons except when you'd actually want it to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

My Arthur is *laden* with booze. Constantly finding rum, gin, bourbon; you name it. Got so that I can't pick one up without necking one first to make room for it, lending quite a sad turn to Arthur's adventures; a quietly noble alchoholic who hates pigs, just trying to do the best he can by his gang by doing some housebreaking and robberies, necking straight spirits at every turn.

LOL, what is it with you and pigs?  They are the cleanest and most intelligent farm animal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a quick shot last night; no mission spoilers, just some random stranger encounters and some busy work.

 

Spoiler

Headed to the lumber yard to see if I could do something for the house-building guys near Valentine. Assisted lifting a tree off a guy and gave him $5, as his sack of shit foreman pretty much sacked him for being injured. Hung about for a while but the foreman was unresponsive so was unsure how I was supposed to buy lumber off him. Finally got bored and just jumped on the cart and stole it; not the best idea as I'd previously walked the entire camp saying "Howdy, partner!" to everyone there so I got an immediate $30 bounty on me. Ah well. I'm sure the eventual reward will be worth it.

 

Bought a treasure map off a guy and managed to follow it and find what was hidden at the location, which was cool. No idea where the 2nd map I have is pointing at, though.  Also met a blind man - a real one, not a fake one - and got my fortune read for $1. A cryptic fortune that doesn't bode well for old Arthur. Hmmmmm.

Took some time to head to the North East and check out the Grizzlies. Not been here since the legendary bear hunt. Got a tip that there's a house worth robbing up here but so far I haven't found it. I did see a wee camp in the middle of a lake so went out to see it but the guy there was incredibly pissed off at being disturbed that he immediately shot me. Prick. I threw what was left of him into the river and watched him sink. 

Continued up towards Roanoke and found a mysterious building with some sort of plyon or something behind it as well as a hut that had something very strange in it -  spoilers - 

Spoiler

a meteorite had smashed through the roof and SPLATTERED the cabin with the 3 guys who had the misfortune to be inside it. Looks like there is two more meteors to discover too.


Left Arthur in a tent in front of the massive waterfall. Tonight, I continue to look for that homestead to rob then back to Horseshoe Overlook to check the ledger and see that for every $100 I bring in, Uncle donates a chicken neck or something.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cool Ben said:

LOL, what is it with you and pigs?  They are the cleanest and most intelligent farm animal.

 

Honestly, I just started it as a bit before the game launched - I did something similar back when the 1st Tomb Raider reboot was coming out, except with constant questions about the moans and groans Lara makes, just to amuse myself - but now I am fully on board that my Arthur *HATES* pigs for some reason and it has become part of my playthrough. 

I will post a video in this thread of me dynamiting some pigs, that is a promise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mindgames said:

Are the bounty missions unlocked through a story mission?

 

Don't think so, maybe a couple of the very early chapter 2 ones have to happen first. But I just strolled into the sheriff's office in valentine and there was the first one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Danster said:

 

Don't think so, maybe a couple of the very early chapter 2 ones have to happen first. But I just strolled into the sheriff's office in valentine and there was the first one.

 

Cheers, I couldn't see any last time I went in. Maybe it was because I had a bounty on myself at the time :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stefcha said:

With respect to the weapons, the only thing I really, really wish the game would do better is to remember which sodding guns you were using last. Assuming I do get off my horse and find I've actually taken some weapons with me - and have re-selected the right ammo, again - it's infuriating to be sneaking about rifle in hand trying to find that elusive perfect rabbit only to be looking so long your rifle gets slung back, you find the rabbit, discover you need to press RT to aim... at which point you pull out your fucking pistol. Aaaaaargh! I was using the rifle! Pull out the rifle again! But you know what it does remember? If you were using a scope. Say I'd been searching with scope, again for said rabbit. Stumble upon one a little closer than expected and it bolts. Shit! That's the first one in ages! On the horse and after it! Seconds later I'm up, very short chase and raise the rifle to lock on with LT and cap it instantly while on the trot... and it raises in fucking scoped mode and I get totally disorientated and let go of LT to get my bearings but you can't de-scope without having the rifle raised so so have to press LT again into scoped mode again just to press down to knock the scope off and the chance has gone. Jesus christ, the game forgets and resets everything else with your weapons except when you'd actually want it to. 

 

I think you can customise your load out at a gun shop. I’ve yet to try this but this is doing my box in too! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mindgames said:

 

Cheers, I couldn't see any last time I went in. Maybe it was because I had a bounty on myself at the time :)

 

Yeah, you can't collect a bounty whilst there is one on your head. I picked one up in Saint Denis the other night, the whole thing felt like a set up. But Arthur managed to shoot his way into and then out of it. He took the body back to the Police Station and went to collect his earnings. Arthur remarked at the low pay for a hard days graft, but the smug office just chuckled and sat at his desk. Arthur circled the man for a good few minutes wondering if it would be a smart move to shoot the head of police in the police station. Even after two bottles of gin he thought wise of it and rode off. 

 

Another day perhaps. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, snowbind said:

 

Yeah, you can't collect a bounty whilst there is one on your head. I picked one up in Saint Denis the other night, the whole thing felt like a set up. But Arthur managed to shoot his way into and then out of it. He took the body back to the Police Station and went to collect his earnings. Arthur remarked at the low pay for a hard days graft, but the smug office just chuckled and sat at his desk. Arthur circled the man for a good few minutes wondering if it would be a smart move to shoot the head of police in the police station. Even after two bottles of gin he thought wise of it and rode off. 

 

Another day perhaps. 

 

 

I love the way "Arthur" is just doing his thing and you're just an observer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the time I really like Arthur, flawed though he is, but he's been a proper prick during a couple of these debt collecting missions. One in Chapter 2 and one in Chapter 3 have really turned me off him. He's like Tony Soprano in that the writers keep roping you into rooting for him against your better judgment (in Arthur's case, he's not racist! he's not completely misogynistic trash!) and then they blindside you with behavior which reminds you that you really shouldn't be assuming he's a good guy despite his crimes, and you were an idiot for believing that to be the case.

 

The main narrative itself still feels like it's treading water but I'm really interested to see what they end up doing with his character. I think he's a lot more interesting than John was in RDR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Pob said:

@gospvg this is how I ruin the O'Driscoll boys when they try to jump me:

 

What I don't understand is how your horse hasn't run into a tree, rock, fence, pebble etc. and vaulted you onto your arse whereupon you're immediately made to resemble Swiss cheese by the chasing pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, stefcha said:

 

What I don't understand is how your horse hasn't run into a tree, rock, fence, pebble etc. and vaulted you onto your arse whereupon you're immediately made to resemble Swiss cheese by the chasing pack.

 

It would be good if a future patch locked your horse to its current speed when you're aiming, and also made it stick to the path. You need to be able to shoot backwards without riding off a cliff or coming to a halt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.