rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

21 hours ago, cohen205 said:

I'm sure you've picked me up on grammar before.... and guess what? I care about as much this time as I did last time.

Bet your fun at parties etc..... 

:lol:

3 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Also since that bounty mission another random horse keeps following me in Valentine that isn't mine. Bloody games gone all buggy on me. Gonna start manually saving before each mission now.

Are you sure you've not switched horses. I found j was accidentally riding a temporary or secondary horse without my primary saddle and it didn't have my stuff on it 

Wait a minute - Wandering around talking to everyone. Shops that open at certain times of day. Sluggish fist fights. Opening every cupboard and drawer.

Shenmue is back!

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 2

12 minutes ago, K said:

Arthur has to be the dirtiest protagonist I’ve ever seen in a game. Even if I give him a bath, ten minutes later, he’s looking like someone’s dipped him in gravy and combed his hair with a dustpan and brush. 

Trying to stay so fresh and so clean in the Wild West is an ongoing struggle. I avoid mud at all costs and love washing the blood off my threads in the river. Just because we cowboys doesn’t me we can’t be flossin!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thesnowman said:

Are you sure you've not switched horses. I found j was accidentally riding a temporary or secondary horse without my primary saddle and it didn't have my stuff on it 

Nope. I literally just loaded the game back up and my guns were gone and I whilstled for my horse and another just randomly came to me too. I went and sold it

5 minutes ago, Karzee said:

Where are the hooers? I think I met some upstairs in the saloon in Valentine, but I can't get so much as a simple hand job from them.

You can only get sponge baths. 

19 minutes ago, Karzee said:

I was riding down a path when I came across three O'Driscols holding up a carriage. I listened in on the conversation and they ended up killing the driver of the carriage, so I unleashed hell on them until all were dead. While i was looting the bodies i got to thinking about the poor carriage horses just being left there in the middle of nowhere and wished there was an option to set them free.....then discovered there actually was when I went up to them! I was so chuffed.  I've freed so many carriage horses sInce then giving me an enormous sense of well being, which completely overides the guilt of killing and looting the innocent carriage drivers in the first place. 

I'm a carriage-hatin'-horse-freein'-sum bitch

Then they die in the wild....:P

32 minutes ago, Karzee said:

I was riding down a path when I came across three O'Driscols holding up a carriage. I listened in on the conversation and they ended up killing the driver of the carriage, so I unleashed hell on them until all were dead. While i was looting the bodies i got to thinking about the poor carriage horses just being left there in the middle of nowhere and wished there was an option to set them free.....then discovered there actually was when I went up to them! I was so chuffed.  I've freed so many carriage horses sInce then giving me an enormous sense of well being, which completely overides the guilt of killing and looting the innocent carriage drivers in the first place. 

I'm a carriage-hatin'-horse-freein'-sum bitch

You can steal the wagons and sell them. Or the individual horses. Grand Theft Equus. 

I presume that happens because there are specific camp locations that it warps you to. It's annoying though. It would be better if it worked like meditating in the Witcher games.

I need perfect rabbit pelts for a hunting challenge. I can barely find the little bastards, never mind catch them, never mind further doing them in perfectly. How am I best doing this? Where's the best place to find hundreds of them just sitting in the open? I've got a varmint rifle with all the trimmings, small game arrows for the bow and a total lack of patience.

I do need some more small game arrows (although they seem a bit useless so far). I'm at Horseshoe Camp, is it not actually possible to sit and craft anything here? Can't seem to work it, surely I'm not going to have to wander out of camp in order to pitch camp just to see if I even have the right stuff to make some more? 

The story in this is ... meh. Chapter V was good, the best yet, but it comes way too late, and one element was oh so predictable. This is a fat game. They could have condensed chapters 1 to 3, trimming out a lot of shit. 

16 minutes ago, stefcha said:

I need perfect rabbit pelts for a hunting challenge. I can barely find the little bastards, never mind catch them, never mind further doing them in perfectly. How am I best doing this? Where's the best place to find hundreds of them just sitting in the open? I've got a varmint rifle with all the trimmings, small game arrows for the bow and a total lack of patience.

I do need some more small game arrows (although they seem a bit useless so far). I'm at Horseshoe Camp, is it not actually possible to sit and craft anything here? Can't seem to work it, surely I'm not going to have to wander out of camp in order to pitch camp just to see if I even have the right stuff to make some more? 

I did that perfect rabbit pelt challenge by riding around with my varmint rifle ready whenever I went anywhere and just blasting anything that got scared out of the bushes as I went by. It took ages, so I’m not sure it’s the best approach. I tried going to somewhere where rabbits were marked on the map, but I couldn’t find any when I got there.

You can craft in camp by sitting at the scout campfire. It’s behind the wagon where Karen and Mary-Beth sleep.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

My Arthur appears to have lost his mind and has started patting imaginary horses during cut-scenes.

Have you been drinking the “clear” whiskey in the Valentine saloon by any chance?

Finally got 30m on it earlier and was trying to get in the 'secret' back room a the docs in Valentine. Tried outside, no dice, trieid inside, same. Walked all the way out then back in and door just opened for me.  Threatened an O'Driscoll and robbed him then had to leave the game alone for  a bit. When I came back there was a new bloke dead on the floor and another two blokes in the corner doing nowt. I took the gun on the table in the box and few items but no cash was available. Is that right as looked like he was counting loads of cash from outside and there is some on the table but I can't pick it up. Bit odd really as i was planning on holding up the doc to let me in but the door was just open?! This was at night if that makes any difference.

3 hours ago, K said:

Arthur has to be the dirtiest protagonist I’ve ever seen in a game. Even if I give him a bath, ten minutes later, he’s looking like someone’s dipped him in gravy and combed his hair with a dustpan and brush. 

My daughter did a classic last night, wish I'd thought to record it. She went into Valentine in filthy clothes and decided Arthur needed a bath, so she got him in and got him dressed in his nicest looking clothes. As she made to go back downstairs she bumped someone, decided to rob him... obvious uproar in the hotel so she legged it to the balcony and jumped....

...and landed flat on her face in the mud. She ran away a bit and then as the palava died down, made her way back to the hotel for another bath. The clerk didn't seem to mind. :D

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Thor said:

The story in this is ... meh. Chapter V was good, the best yet, but it comes way too late, and one element was oh so predictable. This is a fat game. They could have condensed chapters 1 to 3, trimming out a lot of shit. 

I stand by this, especially my comments regarding chapters 1 to 3. But I'm really liking what they're doing with Arthur in Chapter 6, this is genuinely good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

A day after completing this and the story is still sitting with me - what a masterpiece of a game I know peeps have issues with the controls and bugs - but this for me was pure entertainment from start to finish of the main story (been playing all day now just enjoying the game side missions etc without feeling the need to know what happens next in Arthur’s story. )

Can I also say what an amazing soundtrack one I will be getting when them they finally realease it. The music was perfect depending on what mission you where doing,  they knew when to ramp it up  when needed - major spoiler for end of story follows so only read if you have done the main story

Spoiler

The last mission for Arthur after you say goodbye to Abergale and take your last ride to face Dutch - the music that played during that bit had me in tears as you knew no matter what Arthur wasn’t getting out of this alive one way or another - just spot on 

• Upvote 3