rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Interesting, I've never seen John and Abigail bicker and I'm pretty attentive to what goes on in camp. I'm still in Chapter 2 but so far I've seen John around plenty but I only really recall seeing Jack and Abigail when it was time to do Jack's fishing mission. In fact, when the mission started I wondered who the hell Jack and Abigail were because I had barely seen them around. Sadie has not had a presence in camp for me the entire chapter but I thought it might be deliberate since she was so upset.

Just saw this on ResetEra:

Annoying but there's no way in hell I'm restarting the game for that.

Edit - And here we go:

What the hell?? I’ve spent ages hunting and increasing deadeye levels- there’s no way I’m starting again.

That’s a horrendous bug. Hope they’re working on a fix!

1 minute ago, Retroguy said:

What the hell?? I’ve spent ages hunting and increasing deadeye levels- there’s no way I’m starting again.

Yeah it sucks considering the camp is one of the best bits, but I'm not redoing about 15 hours of progress. But the upside is that apparently you still get their story missions, so you won't miss out on anything plot critical, and they apparently return in Chapter 4. Until then I think you can assume that Abigail is arguing with John and Sadie is understandably a little upset.

Who is Sadie?

I've not seen Jack or Abigail around the camp!

John popped up to give me a mission which I am doing now, unsure about what to do now. Do I continue the quests or wait around in the hope a patch is released. Maybe I have gone past the point of no return because I completed that Uncle quest a long time ago.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Pretty pissed off with Micah. Freeing that dickhead cost me $300 in bounty to pay off. Wanker.

I thought it was quite a clever way of creating the equivalent of a GTA broken bridge. So instead of having a hard barrier to stop you crossing into a new zone you have a soft one which goes someway to persuading you not enter it until later in the game.

2 hours ago, Danster said:

When hunting, use your binoculars to observe your quarry. then you get an option to Investigate, then you can view info and it tells you what level of hide the animal has.

You can also do this without binoculars, you just need to get close enough and aim at the creature.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

The remaining woman you find at the house right at the start. 

Oh! her, I was wondering where she went thought she had moved on.

I'm not going to do any more quests for now & see what Rockstar do on this bug.

Finished up chapter 4 this morning loved it some more great set peieces 

Spoiler

And then chapter 5 starts ...

Spoiler

And your on an island just of Cuba!! Was not expecting that and was a nice diversion to the mainland USA - I’m hoping you can go back to it when the story is complete and explore it a bit more

45 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Who is Sadie?

I've not seen Jack or Abigail around the camp!

John popped up to give me a mission which I am doing now, unsure about what to do now. Do I continue the quests or wait around in the hope a patch is released. Maybe I have gone past the point of no return because I completed that Uncle quest a long time ago.

I'm in the same boat - I was minded to have a look round for Sadie but it's not like the NPCs have their names floating about above their heads, so it's easy to press on with the Uncle quest before doing the rounds of "chatting" to everyone.  I haven't heard any chatter about them either from the others.  I need to see if they have made any contributions to camp funds...

16 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

I'm in the same boat - I was minded to have a look round for Sadie but it's not like the NPCs have their names floating about above their heads, so it's easy to press on with the Uncle quest before doing the rounds of "chatting" to everyone.  I haven't heard any chatter about them either from the others.  I need to see if they have made any contributions to camp funds...

I think we have missed some request tasks & dialogue chat with the individuals which is a shame because that chat is what builds the characters for me. I'm disappointed but not sure where I am at the moment in terms of do I continue or scrap my save & start again

1 hour ago, JPickford said:

Got there now.  Crossed the river from the north and went across country.  I guess I just needed to know it was possible.  Cheers everyone.

I assumed it was telling me that I shouldn’t go there bad I would die instantly if I did.

eventually I had no other choice as I had been walking around all areas of the map with litterally nothing mission specific to do.

Was a fun feeling getting there and sneaking up the banks thinking I was going to infiltrate an entire landscape moving from cover to cover......then I went up a hill and got a cut scene and that was that.

Im surprised there’s no prone position or duck down in horse move in this game.

Had an odd occurrence earlier when I was headed back to camp and got ambushed by about 7 O'Driscoll boys. Didn't feel like I had much of a chance so galloped back into camp thinking I'd get backup from The Gang. Instead of that a time transition cutscene took place and suddenly it wast the next morning and nobody said a word about it.

As for the camp bug, I've got Abigail and Jack knocking around still but haven't seen John or Sadie for ages.

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

Pretty pissed off with Micah. Freeing that dickhead cost me $300 in bounty to pay off. Wanker.

Someone else mentioned a $300 bounty earlier but I just did the mission and it was only $85..?

Was having a drink at the saloon in Rhodes, two no good raiders come in and start bullying ordinary folks. I decide to try to throw them out, get into a fight with them and knock them both out. Then a third guy appeared and stabbed me to death, was quite shocking! 

2 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Noob question: sometimes I get a prompt box in the top left of the screen saying something can be checked or learned by pressing Does anybody know what button that is on PS4?

Options button?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Noob question: sometimes I get a prompt box in the top left of the screen saying something can be checked or learned by pressing Does anybody know what button that is on PS4?

Options dude

• Upvote 1

So is it telling me to search through the options menu for something or does pressing options at that moment take me to what it wants to tell me?

It’s pretty funny/tragic that the times its happened I’ve taken a photo or been caught in a mentally perplexed moment of trying to decide if it means up on the dpad or down...

2 hours ago, Retroguy said:

I'm just at the start of chapter two. I can find Abigail, Sadie and John. No idea who or where jack is. Any idea? Please?

First thing in the morning he was sleeping in a tent by himself. Near where the bloke from the rival gang is tied up I seem to remember; to the left if you’re facing the bloke (I think!).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Danster said:

When hunting, use your binoculars to observe your quarry. then you get an option to Investigate, then you can view info and it tells you what level of hide the animal has.

Good tip.

• Upvote 4