rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

My Cowboy adventure is over, I took it to the trading post (CEX) today and turned it into £40.

I'll still enjoy reading about your adventures and maybe I'll get it again in the future but I don't have the time to get stuck into such a big game and it's not something I can play with my 6 year old.

• Empathy 1

11 hours ago, Len said:

Well this is absolutely astonishing, beautiful and utterly, utterly wonderful. :)

Just got out of the mountains and snow and left it there overlooking the new green world from the hilltop. 

Controls absolutely infuriating in places it had to be said but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Just the amount it throws at you in that first chapter and muscle memory from other games messing with you. I think someone else mentioned earlier in the thread it would be bloody useful if there was a crib sheet for all the systems and controls floating around, surely someone has done one?

Can't wait to get back to it!

Not sure how to progress.  I'm on Chapter 2 and only seem to have 2 missions available.  One is the bloke who wants to go hunting (yawn) and one seems to be someone in Blackwater and I can't get near without being murdered.

Any tips?

8 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Not sure how to progress.  I'm on Chapter 2 and only seem to have 2 missions available.  One is the bloke who wants to go hunting (yawn) and one seems to be someone in Blackwater and I can't get near without being murdered.

Any tips?

Try not to get murdered. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JPickford said:

No.  How do you do that?   

Cheapest way, courtesy of someone upthread, is to enter a town and fire your gun which brings out the law. Surrender and you'll be arrested but, once you are free, your bounty will be clear for that area. Make sure you are not carrying very little money or else they'll have that...

5 minutes ago, JPickford said:

So I have to go to Blackwater?  I get mobbed every time.

Approach the mission marker from the north, it’s not actually inside Blackwater. And stay off the roads.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Cheapest way, courtesy of someone upthread, is to enter a town and fire your gun which brings out the law. Surrender and you'll be arrested but, once you are free, your bounty will be clear for that area. Make sure you are not carrying very little money or else they'll have that...

I tried that in Valentine.  Had no money.  Fired a single shot into the ground.  Tried to surrender but no option so I just got shot to death.  Can't even try in Blackwater as it's "Dead or Alive" which I thought was part of the plot rather than due to my actions.

Just now, JPickford said:

I tried that in Valentine.  Had no money.  Fired a single shot into the ground.  Tried to surrender but no option so I just got shot to death.  Can't even try in Blackwater as it's "Dead or Alive" which I thought was part of the plot rather than due to my actions.

Yeah, I don't think it'll work on Dead or Alive but it definitely works in Valentine. Fire into the air though as otherwise someone will think you're firing at them and then it'll kick off. Failed for me through that on my first attempt too..

I had a dead or alive status in Valentine after murdering a load of lawmen but not long later it was down to $120 which was odd. I'm assuming Blackwater is locked out for story reasons so will remain DoA..

2 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Loads of money then?

Ha, yeah!

I have more money than I can spend at the moment - camp is as upgraded as it can and I can't buy any tasty outfits as my honour is too low so I'm out of things to buy locally. I just spend it all on provisions and making my guns fancy. $3000 from a bank job set me and camp up for a long time..

Just started this and have done the first mission (the rescue one) — can I save it? Manual save is locked still and I can’t play any more today but don’t want to have to do all of that again. Arthur does plod around, doesn’t he?

27 minutes ago, JPickford said:

I went in during the night. Stuck to the roads initially, but then went cross country straight to the camp to meet my gang mates. It seemed pretty clear at night. Accidentally crossed earlier in the game and got immediately annihilated, so know where you're coming from