IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

Mr Do 71

So I did the Legendary Bear thing early on in Chapter 2.  Thought I'd take a short cut through a train tunnel.  You can probably see where this is going.  Anyway, the tunnel is pitch black hallway through it an, of course, a train starts coming.  I manage to stay to the side of the tracks but the horse gets clipped as I stupidly move a little.  We  make it through to the other side but I think the bear pelt must have been knocked off as I get the message 'Abandoned Legendary Animal.'

1 minute ago, El Geet said:

So I did the Legendary Bear thing early on in Chapter 2.  Thought I'd take a short cut through a train tunnel.  You can probably see where this is going.  Anyway, the tunnel is pitch black hallway through it an, of course, a train starts coming.  I manage to stay to the side of the tracks but the horse gets clipped as I stupidly move a little.  We  make it through to the other side but I think the bear pelt must have been knocked off as I get the message 'Abandoned Legendary Animal.'

You can still buy the shit that it unlocks. You only really miss out on the money for the pelts. Which are never that much. Like twenty or thirty dollars maybe. I've lost just about everyone of them I've found. 

2 hours ago, JPL said:

I'm the same. Any ambient quests that appear where someone is calling out for help, I'm finding it impossible to figure out where their voice is coming from. I get that they've bumped up the levels so you can hear them, but the surround sound for those encounters is well off. I end up standing still and spinning around to see if I can pick out a direction, but that usually doesn't work, so I have to go into the map and look where they are.

Yeah me too. I might have a fiddle with the audio settings. I've got the game set to stereo which is working fine for everything else, but for these events it's terrible. 

28 minutes ago, Danster said:

Also, I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what, but riding through a town late at night I've been getting my lantern out. The civilians seem to notice you coming much more and keep out of the way.

Possibly and I wouldn't be surprised . I approached a bandit camp stealthily and I got too close to a horse and got spooked. One of the bandits noticed and said "what's up with the horse?" and he started coming over. I managed to calm it down with my whispering voice and it relaxed. Bandit stopped midway, took a look in my general direction and then turned back to sit around the fire. The amount of details is unprecedented. 

This game. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

Where do I go to play poker? I’ve been to the saloon in Valentine but there’s no option to play it.

Does it unlock at some point?

A story mission will take you to play poker at some point. Once you've done that it's available at your camp, though only with a paltry $1 buy-in, and Rhodes which I think had $4 buy-in. No doubt several more places in the rest of the map I haven't explored.

34 minutes ago, Danster said:

Also, I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or what, but riding through a town late at night I've been getting my lantern out. The civilians seem to notice you coming much more and keep out of the way.

Another thing I've noticed when riding through town at night is the amount of drunks staggering down the main street. Last night I went to the butchers in Valentine to flog him some meat, but he just finished his shift as I got there, so I trotted up to the sheriff's place to pick up a new bounty, while trying to avoid all the piss heads. Reminded me of my home town on a Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

Anyone else had this problem?

I hadn't really thought about it but after reading this I realised that I hadn't seen Sadie since chapter 1 (once I looked up who she actually was).

I’ve never seen them in the horseshoe overlook camp- I assumed they weren’t supposed to be there, should they be then?

I did wonder where John and Abi were but it didn't occur to me that it was a bug that they weren't around.

I remember in chapter one someone in the gang suggested that Sadie's husband's body should be retrieved. Is it possible to actually do that? I thought that because I hadn't done it maybe she'd buggered off.

7 minutes ago, Pob said:

I remember in chapter one someone in the gang suggested that Sadie's husband's body should be retrieved. Is it possible to actually do that? I thought that because I hadn't done it maybe she'd buggered off.

I tried to go back in Chapter 1 but harsh weather killed my horse. It was the first thing I did in Chapter 2, the body was gone and there was nothing obvious to do there.

28 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Yes they should, John and Abigail are always bickering in camp. 

I'm curious what happens for the story quests you get from some of those characters if they're not there. 

Interesting, I've never seen John and Abigail bicker and I'm pretty attentive to what goes on in camp. I'm still in Chapter 2 but so far I've seen John around plenty but I only really recall seeing Jack and Abigail when it was time to do Jack's fishing mission. In fact, when the mission started I wondered who the hell Jack and Abigail were because I had barely seen them around. Sadie has not had a presence in camp for me the entire chapter but I thought it might be deliberate since she was so upset.

Just saw this on ResetEra:

throughout chapter 2 I've never seen Sadie, Jack, Abigail, or John (outside of missions, they disappear straight after) over 20 + hourse of play (with me constantly going back to check on the camp); however, after having deleted my saves and redownloaded the game all four of the aforementioned characters are now present in the camp 100 % of the time.

Annoying but there's no way in hell I'm restarting the game for that.

Edit - And here we go:

My Cowboy adventure is over, I took it to the trading post (CEX) today and turned it into £40.

I'll still enjoy reading about your adventures and maybe I'll get it again in the future but I don't have the time to get stuck into such a big game and it's not something I can play with my 6 year old.

11 hours ago, Len said:

Well this is absolutely astonishing, beautiful and utterly, utterly wonderful. :)

Just got out of the mountains and snow and left it there overlooking the new green world from the hilltop. 

Controls absolutely infuriating in places it had to be said but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Just the amount it throws at you in that first chapter and muscle memory from other games messing with you. I think someone else mentioned earlier in the thread it would be bloody useful if there was a crib sheet for all the systems and controls floating around, surely someone has done one?

Can't wait to get back to it!

8 minutes ago, JPickford said:

Not sure how to progress.  I'm on Chapter 2 and only seem to have 2 missions available.  One is the bloke who wants to go hunting (yawn) and one seems to be someone in Blackwater and I can't get near without being murdered.

Any tips?

Try not to get murdered.