rllmuk
Wallace

Motorsport Manager - Buy it - iOS, Android, PC, Switch

1 hour ago, Moodmon said:

From the rumours I heard about Codemasters F1 game having some terrible requirements for the license,

Any info on what they were?

3 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Put it this way - I think this is impressive enough that, if presented to FOM, could interest them in allowing official F1 branding on it. And yeah, I hope this does well enough that the team can work on more.

That said, an official license might mean FOM start taking out some of the fun elements in the game. One of the game's regular dilemma moments I had was an energy drink manufacturer wanting create hilarious miniature figurines (the game called them hilarious!) of one of my drivers, to ship with every crate of drinks they sold. If I accepted I got cash, but if I refused it meant the driver in question would not have their morale destroyed (I don't think he has a sense of humour).

I doubt they'd be too keen on you being offered stolen designs for another team's part either.

Loving this at the moment. I don't really have much interest in F1 or any other racing but this tickles the management itch quite nicely. 

I'm currently in my second season with Predator, slowly upgrading my infrastructure while we hover in the mid table area of division 3. One of my drivers is 3rd after 8 races but my other is ranked 20. I've spent no money on my car this season as I built a couple of buildings at the end of the first which put me millions into debt. I've only just managed to get back into a positive bank balance and plan on upgrading my factory to level 2 once the prize money comes in at the end of this second season.

Nice little write up on the last page Kiro. Very interesting in this now after the iPad version was fun but left me wanting something similar with more depth. Anyone know how this would run on a 3 year old mid-range laptop?

3 hours ago, spork said:

Loving this at the moment. I don't really have much interest in F1 or any other racing but this tickles the management itch quite nicely. 

I'm currently in my second season with Predator, slowly upgrading my infrastructure while we hover in the mid table area of division 3. One of my drivers is 3rd after 8 races but my other is ranked 20. I've spent no money on my car this season as I built a couple of buildings at the end of the first which put me millions into debt. I've only just managed to get back into a positive bank balance and plan on upgrading my factory to level 2 once the prize money comes in at the end of this second season.

Don't completely ignore part dev or you will fall behind the AI teams.  Although that extra 10 people for performance & reliability upgrades is a great early investment.

1 hour ago, John0 said:

Nice little write up on the last page Kiro. Very interesting in this now after the iPad version was fun but left me wanting something similar with more depth. Anyone know how this would run on a 3 year old mid-range laptop?

Check the min specs on the Steam page, although tbh I think there's still some leeway there.  The games very tweakable - you can individually disable each post processing effect, turn off world detail (which will turn of buildings, crowds, etc), and so on.  It may not be your preferred option but with Steam's refund policy you could try it, a quick race or the start or a career should show pretty quickly if you're machine can cope with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Bag said:

Check the min specs on the Steam page, although tbh I think there's still some leeway there.  The games very tweakable - you can individually disable each post processing effect, turn off world detail (which will turn of buildings, crowds, etc), and so on.  It may not be your preferred option but with Steam's refund policy you could try it, a quick race or the start of a career should show pretty quickly if you're machine can cope with it.

Nice, thank you! Will try and find some time to give that a go.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare Steam discount voucher for this?  They were giving out 50% codes to owners of Football Manager I believe. 

Really keen to get into it and missed it during the last sale. :(

edit: Turns out the vouchers were only valid for a month anyway.  I've picked up a key from a key seller now.

Anyone messed about with any of the mods for this? I've just started a new career with the Fire 2017 mod and really enjoying it. After harshly getting sacked by Archer in my first career because I kept running out of fuel like a huge div - could happen to anyone - it's good to give it a blast with real teams and drivers.

And while we're here, the 3rd mobile iteration is now out and it's bloody superb.

And more to the point it's a "Pay once and then actually play the fucking thing" game.

• Upvote 5

Holy shit. Why did no one tell me this was on Switch now! 

I've tensed the iOS versions. Really enjoyed 3, currently in my 20th year moving through championships. Every race is a win now so it's lost the challenge.

The PC version is great, I have the F1 mods on it.

Now it's on Switch! Looks like a cross between MM3 & PC. I'm all over that.

@The Bag are you still working on the series? The team have done a fantastic job on all of the releases.

Yeah I’m still on it.  The Switch version is basically MMM3 Plus - the core game is the same but it’s runs at 60FPS, the track textures are higher res, 3D car models, extra track, and a bunch of other little tweaks.  You can tell why I don’t do PR :lol:

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Yeah I’m still on it.  The Switch version is basically MMM3 Plus - the core game is the same but it’s runs at 60FPS, the track textures are higher res, 3D car models, extra track, and a bunch of other little tweaks.  You can tell why I don’t do PR :lol:

You should. That would sell the game to me right there. MM3 was fantastic, it was just a shame it didn't have a 3D engine for more powerful devices.

5 minutes ago, Mars said:

I had no idea this game existed, just downloaded the iPhone version... £4 sounds like a bargain!

It's fantastic. Well worth the entry price.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mars said:

I had no idea this game existed, just downloaded the iPhone version... £4 sounds like a bargain!

The iOS ones are unsurprisingly less detailed (in both graphics and simulation) than the big brother ones but they're pretty damn good nonetheless.

27 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The iOS ones are unsurprisingly less detailed (in both graphics and simulation) than the big brother ones but they're pretty damn good nonetheless.

The thing that works though is you can knock off a race weekend in 10 minutes which is perfect. 

On the PC version even at fastest speeds you're still looking at 30-40 minutes for a full weekend. It's a shame you can't speed it up further.

38 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

@The Bag where is best place to submit bug reports about the switch version? I've spotted a few while playing it last night.

contact@playsportgames.net and/or pm me.

• Upvote 1

How different is the Switch version to the mobile games?

I have 1, 2, and 3 on either Android or iPhone (based on the phone I had at the time) and loved them all, despite me virtually never playing anything on mobile... 

24 minutes ago, Freeman said:

How different is the Switch version to the mobile games?

I have 1, 2, and 3 on either Android or iPhone (based on the phone I had at the time) and loved them all, despite me virtually never playing anything on mobile... 

It seems pretty much the same as 3, but it has a proper 3D engine in it so you can see the cars on track and it seems to have had a few tweaks and improvements.