How do I deactivate (2) PSP's from my PSN account I no longer own.

I recently picked up a new vita for my holidays and I can't download a single thing to it because I have 3 devices already on my PSN account.  However, when I look they're 2 PSP's from some time in the distant past.

Now, there is a deactivate button, but it actually requires plugging in the PSP consoles which I do not have!

How on earth do I do it?

Disclaimer - I've not done this but from the Playstation Store if you go to your Gamertag > Account Settings > Devices - then click on the specific system you should see an option to Deactivate the system. Admittedly I don't have a PSP so appreciate it might not show on this screen but can see PSVitas, PS3's and PS4's do. Does this not show or work for the PSP systems?

The only other option I can see is under Account > Media and Devices - where you can 'Deactivate All' but I guessing this should really be a last resort option.

EDIT - just spotted this GUIDE which might be more informed, although it suggest only the nuke all (deactivate all) option is available if you don't have access to the PSP system.

Capture_zpsv5wgaewt.png

I have 2 Vita's in my account but one of them I sold ages ago. I deactivated it when I sold it but somehow it's still there.

Is it possible to remove both of them and then re-register the one I still have immediately afterwards?

On 9/3/2016 at 10:21, Uncle Mike said:

Nuke them all, then re-add the ones you still own is the correct route. I did that a while ago, and it does work.

Cheers.

This was the only way to do it.

For some reason, with the portable gear it expects you to run a bit of code from your laptop onto it via usb.

It's worth noting - you can only use the nuclear option once every six months!

6 hours ago, Droo said:

Cheers.

This was the only way to do it.

For some reason, with the portable gear it expects you to run a bit of code from your laptop onto it via usb.

It's worth noting - you can only use the nuclear option once every six months!

And if someone hacks your account and does it your fucked!

• 4 years later...

Bumping since I now need to do this. Just posted my PSP out to an ebayer and suddenly realised I’d completely forgotten to factory reset the fucker before doing so.

So I have to take off and nuke the site from orbit (deactivate all Playstation systems)? Is this the only way to be sure?

Obviously this will also nuke my PS4 account. How painful is reactivating my account on there and getting all my games and save data etc back in there going to be? :facepalm: I won’t lose anything, will I?

I bought Metal Gear Solid 1 on it somehow some way when I was steaming during lockdown, but now that you mention it I don’t think it was a straight forward process. It is still possible but not via the PSN shop app equivalent ‘hingmy. I think I maybe I did it through the PSP’s archaic web browser.

Do we think it’s possible for the guy to see my deets and order shit with my account or anything like that? I’ve got 2FA set up for any purchases so maybe I’m all good. Might not be worth the hassle of deactivating my account on all devices. Hmm.

Honestly can’t remember. But as @deerokus says, PSN may well be a thing of the past on PSP. In fact, I totally think it is. Maybe the worst thing that can come of this is the dude has free access to a couple of games I downloaded onto it, and potentially (but hopefully not) being able to access my account via the web browser, or however it was I was able to buy and download MGS recently. I was quite pished at the time :blush:

I’m starting to think deactivating all accounts wouldn’t even affect however the old PSP was set up anyway. Fuck it, hopefully the new owner is a decent sort. If it was me buying a second hand machine and there was still a trace of the previous owner’s account activity, I’d do a factory reset immediately.

Can you not just change your PSN password? That should require the buyer to re-authenticate if they attempt to use the account when they receive the PSP.

Also, make sure you have the ‘require password for purchases’ option enabled. So even if the first suggestion doesn’t help, they won’t be able to purchase anything.

2FA is weird on the PSP and it's stopped me getting online with my PSP anyway. The firmware doesn't seem to know what 2FA is, and you get a weird workaround. I can't remember what it is, but it never worked for me.  So if you have 2FA on your PSN account I doubt someone can get in from your PsP .