What is spinning on your turntable?

Oh Danny Boy

On 22/05/2022 at 20:15, Camel said:

BE6D5E2C-9890-4B01-9823-25B9463F481A.thumb.jpeg.f554c1bdd09c8d4182c6b6212880e7be.jpeg

I nearly bought all there albums when I was younger just for the covers. 
I remember doing to my fav record shop and checking them again and again for ahem ‘classic tracks’. 

Amsterdam is amazing for vinyl shopping, so many shops with such great selections, I could have spent a small fortune. 

Filled a couple of holes in my collection. Barry and Horace from Waxwell, a mostly used shop that’s been expertly curated. Flying Lotus and Thundercat from Rush Hour, mostly new, and what you’d get if Sounds of the Universe and Phonica had a love child.

5B57ECFD-6F38-4D49-85C1-8669DCF4D64F.jpeg

It's an embarrassment of riches this - it's a x2 LP 45rpm pressing on pink vinyl, in a double gatefold sleeve, poly lined white inners and a booklet with the lyrics inside AND a download code - for £21.94 from Amazon

The Jagjaguwar label leading the way here and showing how its done right - if Angel was on a major label this would be £35 and still be nowhere near this good

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

I've given Angel a couple of listens and I've struggled to see what's supposed to be good about it. What is it?

No words will make any difference if your ears don't like it

Just now, englishbob said:

No words will make any difference if your ears don't like it

That's true and I'm not trying to say anything about what you like I'm just curious what I might try and listen to next time. I'm always up for expanding my horizons. 

1 hour ago, Lovelyman said:

That's true and I'm not trying to say anything about what you like I'm just curious what I might try and listen to next time. I'm always up for expanding my horizons. 

Probably the "All Mirrors" album

I know it’s played to death so doesn’t often get spun,  it when it does…

For some reason it makes me wish I had a humongous vintage stereo with speakers like wardrobes. 

9D3F1F4D-92F2-4752-9BB7-CBADEE45915E.jpeg

Felt like a bit of 65daysofstatic to get through the end of work day: 

20220608_153356_copy_1663x1152.thumb.jpg.fb48a8636706d0a1681804ed3a090c74.jpg

It turns out the record and gatefold go together nicely with my new turntable and room colours quite nicely! 

20 hours ago, Wiper said:

Felt like a bit of 65daysofstatic to get through the end of work day: 

20220608_153356_copy_1663x1152.thumb.jpg.fb48a8636706d0a1681804ed3a090c74.jpg

It turns out the record and gatefold go together nicely with my new turntable and room colours quite nicely! 

That turntable look's glorious! Bravo. 

Ta :D

It's definitely a case of form over function for its price, but what form! Having to actually clamp the records in place is a surprisingly fun added step, too.

Mid-term plan is to wall mount the turntable (it has a kit for that purpose), but there's a few bits of DIY left to finish in the room before I take that step.

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

I'm more concerned with how you are stacking your albums there

Yeah that's a pile of records we need to work through from my wife's folks. We found a first pressing of Sgt pepper!