IGNORED

What is spinning on your turntable?

Oh Danny Boy

Yes I love it, it’s such a great mix of styles!

I had a look for it on eBay a while back and people were selling copies for a grand or some ridiculous price.

Well now, probably not everyone’s cup of tea but you’ll no doubt recognise these dudes from a certain game ost. 
They were my granddad’s favourite band and probably why years later I was tuned into jazz so much.
I grabbed this for 50p today in a charity shop. 

‘I love coffee, I love tea, I love the Java jive and it loves me….’

83135BD7-2B83-4AF4-B5EC-ECAC8F6E16D5.jpeg

On 27/12/2021 at 16:58, ZOK said:

I had an Amazon voucher before Christmas to use, and so these two treats turned up today. First time I’ve bought any Blue Note re-issues, they seem decent:

D064667C-F5C3-4636-9653-28AA6F534C79.thumb.jpeg.90e01c8c0a4876922eb11f6476a30054.jpeg

66A93B0A-7186-4726-ADFF-E569643455AE.thumb.jpeg.bcb8ec3d9d0da2ebd59e9e5729014e0e.jpeg

I recently bought another vinyl copy of Fancy Dancer for a friend…so naturally Amazon think I’m in the market to pay six times more for yet another copy on cd:

B7CF4D80-E63C-4775-B351-90D32797B193.jpeg.031acee88ed87f374cd67bbb653b3670.jpeg

What a bargain! :sherlock:

I picked this up because the first track is Airbound, which I rank as one of the best P-Funk tunes ever, even though it probably wouldn’t get into most people’s top 50…it’s just got such a positive beauty to it, it drives me nuts. It’s a funny album…I haven’t listened to it for thirty odd years but was surprised to find Tweakin’ is actually still great too. I forgot Flavour and Chuck D are on it!

E40369DE-65D0-4D1A-B762-D5A0B23AF9F5.thumb.jpeg.47e5d088320dcecfefb667ee7b356400.jpeg

Airbound:

:wub:

I have that album and bought it in release specifically because of the PE feature. I’ll have to give it a spin, as it’s probably been played like twice. 

It’s by no means what you’d call a classic album, but like most Clinton stuff it contains one barnstormer, some delights and some oddities. The first side is way better than the second, but on the second side you can really hear the Paisley Park stamp showing through a bit more. It’s a real curio.

55 minutes ago, ZOK said:

It’s by no means what you’d call a classic album, but like most Clinton stuff it contains one barnstormer, some delights and some oddities. The first side is way better than the second, but on the second side you can really hear the Paisley Park stamp showing through a bit more. It’s a real curio.

I went through a phase of selling off some of my Prince collection - and this one ended up on the pile but I couldn't somehow get around to putting it up for sale - because you know its Clinton. I did sell off The Family album though, that is terrible (but ended up rebuying it after he died - as this stuff won't get re-released - certainly not on physical anyway)