IGNORED

What is spinning on your turntable?

Oh Danny Boy

On 12/11/2021 at 11:33, Dr Nookie said:

‘If you be good to meeeeee, I’ll be good to you…..and we’ll both ride home in my automobile…..

C8DE3C19-A213-47BC-B83C-B5F93BDC05CC.jpeg

I haven't played this album since I bought it - in comparison to what else there was around at the time I thought it was shite. Wasn't it also banned at some point for one of the tracks.

In reference to your soundbyte, here is the original

26 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I haven't played this album since I bought it - in comparison to what else there was around at the time I thought it was shite. Wasn't it also banned at some point for one of the tracks.

In reference to your soundbyte, here is the original

I think it was banned for a bit yeah. I don’t think I ever really liked it - far too coarse for me - but there are some solid grooves on there, hiding behind lyrics. I think it was probably just made for shock/novelty value tbh. 
Ha I don’t think I’ve ever heard that original…

20 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Not sure if I’ve posted this before but it’s worth a repost imo. 
The killer track is ‘What are you doing the rest of your life’ and it’s just magnificently mellow, groovy and musical.   

0DC969B9-CD57-4013-B4DD-5143D5116EA7.jpeg

That album is fabulous!

Funny seeing that Spacek record, I spent a very messy weekend in Miami with them once many years ago, I'd totally forgotten about them.

47 minutes ago, esar said:

That album is fabulous!

Funny seeing that Spacek record, I spent a very messy weekend in Miami with them once many years ago, I'd totally forgotten about them.

Just realised I recommended a track from a different album - what a tool!  
Corrected original post now. 

‘What are you doing for the rest of your life’ is a Michel Legrand track and the killer version of that is this bad boy:

BE785A9F-9116-4098-9FF5-D160F121FD05.jpeg