What is spinning on your turntable?

17 minutes ago, Camel said:

33% God? Incredible track.

It’s amazing, one of my favourite hip hop instrumentals, I can remember when it came out and people’s minds were blown it was the Beasties (technically, at least!). The A side is okay of course, but I think I’ve played it once.

The Unlikely Brit Soul Classics thread prompted me to pick this up for less than a couple of quid during a Discogs session last week.

christians.thumb.jpg.64b8a52c322045788a78cb7a07fcd878.jpg

Ignore the £5.49 sticker, it was £1.40 and NM- graded so in great condition.

I had this on cassette donkey's years ago and haven't heard it in a long time. A great album with quite a few tracks that made it to the top 40, and it has that crisp clean 80s production too.

IMG_20200913_142509.thumb.jpg.26e9035049acd691b8424518cf85de5e.jpg

IMG_20200913_142533.thumb.jpg.a95482713b662a6ae8bd0414061d06d1.jpg

I picked this up without paying much attention to the whole 'Japanese Mix' thing, as I had no idea they'd released this in different countries with local newsreaders providing the narration. I thought it'd just be a slightly different edit. Was a neat surprise!