rllmuk
Oh Danny Boy

What is spinning on your turntable?

10 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Has the vinyl lovers thread gone with Kernow? 

I have just bought a new Stylus and I think I'm very happy with it. AT-VM750SH

Thread is here, I thought it had gone too but it's just been quiet for a couple of months.

How's the cart? I've got the VM540ML and it sounds great, albeit a little quiet on the output.

I ended up skipping my amp's preamp and using a line level input instead, with an external pre-amp with variable gain so that it was at a decent volume.

It wasn't an issue for normal listening as I just turned the volume up, but for recording (to a Sony MD deck!) it sometimes couldn't reach zero on the peak level indicators.

• Upvote 1

I think the cart is great. Needs a bit more anti-skate with the shibata stylus but I think it's dialled in now, obviously I've bought that HiFi news test record to check (haha).

Sounds detailed and has great bass response. Nicely made too!

Mine goes into a phono preamp and then into a line in on a Sonos 5 (which is in a stereo pair with another) and it sounds really good.

I also added 'Mongolian Heavy Metal' to things I didn't know I needed in my life.

Currently teaching the boy the history of jazz and funk via the medium of the LP..

’scuse the location - we’re in his bedroom...

DA559E9B-13D2-403F-B751-A910C1049FE3.jpeg

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, RastanSaga said:

IMG_20200727_111918.jpg

Love it! I just splashed out on a Numark Scratch mixer as I fancied getting into DVS mixing and the two Serato timecode records I bought to go with it are the same shade of pink. :wub:

• Upvote 1

Not technically spinning because the new mixer is yet to turn up and I’ve got to rewire the set up...but it’s getting there!

07CFAE1B-DC18-44A1-85E9-C6E971B2A542.thumb.jpeg.a9d081edbc9c273f803d64e5fe2c0b9f.jpeg

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

Not technically spinning because the new mixer is yet to turn up and I’ve got to rewire the set up...but it’s getting there!

07CFAE1B-DC18-44A1-85E9-C6E971B2A542.thumb.jpeg.a9d081edbc9c273f803d64e5fe2c0b9f.jpeg

So brilliant :)

Nice! I’m also still keeping the music pink...

30053A7D-D5FF-4B9E-882F-24308EBD3F3D.thumb.jpeg.ac4858cc9e1d3cac06c8773300924cb8.jpeg

• Upvote 2