Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nespresso

11 hours ago, Strafe said:

I've done a couple of levels on the F2P campaign.

its pretty but style over substance. The same problems persist. You don't know who's shooting at you, the usual assault an enemy position where although you may not die, you can't avoid being shot. You can't tell who's on your side or what they're going on about.

Shamelessly ripping off Titanfall ("this new frontier", jet packs, robot design etc).

Bollocks.

Unfortunately I agree with this. After glowing reports I thought perhaps things had  improved but it's the same game it ever was.

I have a suspicion yes but I did really enjoy the fighter mission and people said there's more of that. So for £11 quid (didn't realise there was a code) I'm gonna give it a punt. Can't be worse than Advanced Warfare dull campaign of BLOPS 3's pretentious AND dull campaign.

7 hours ago, clippa said:

http://www.cdkeys.com/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-pc-steam

Less than a tenner with the code

CDKEYSPP10

Ooft, I take it this one isn't doing so well?

Is it worth picking up for that to play split screen zombies with my nephew? That's not behind a paywall, is it? Does the PC version run alright?

It's witchcraft but I can run the game on HIGH at smooth 60fps even with SMAAx1 on and there are only 2 occasions where the framerate dipped for me during the campaign. Specs are on my Steam page. 

And no, Zombies isn't behind a paywall and is damn good fun! You can set a boombox down or lure the zombies to a dance floor and make them do all kinds of crazy dance moves. :)

My PC has stuttered a bit, mainly during cutscenes (not the only one this is affectiung seems even on high end machines this happens) and also in some VERY heavy firefights. Nothing too major. I'm only running a 960 and and  AMD FX8320, but for the most part it holds up well. I've turned down a load of stuff mind (why motion blur is a thing annoys me) but kept v-sync on. May turn that off to help.

Impressions for the campaign of the camapign it's  enjoyable so far but only at the moon base. (took so long to download only got to play an hour). People who compare the double jumps and wall running to Titanfall 2...yeah no contest. This is much slower than Titanfall 2 in all regards.

Also you can't ride your robot friend in this game.

Highlight for me is the jet sections Getting Halo Reach, Long Night of Solace vibes, though at a more frantic pace.

1 hour ago, Lothar Hex said:

My PC has stuttered a bit, mainly during cutscenes (not the only one this is affectiung seems even on high end machines this happens) and also in some VERY heavy firefights. Nothing too major. I'm only running a 960 and and  AMD FX8320, but for the most part it holds up well. I've turned down a load of stuff mind (why motion blur is a thing annoys me) but kept v-sync on. May turn that off to help.

Yeah this also happened to me with Advanced Warfare. It's probably simply due to the fact that the game is also loading while playing you the cutscene. Oddly enough the cutscenes will play fine if I select a mission from the main menu instead of continuing my game. 

Finally started the campaign last night. 

So far I've got to the point where you can first choose a few different side missions.

It's enjoyable enough, and is certainly better than Ghosts, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Titanfall 2's campaign. Tbh, I think I actually prefer Advanced Warfare's campaign to this one, too.

I've finished Titanfall 2's excellent single player (and will keep it for multiplayer) and have seen that this is now £20 in various sales.... from what I've read in here it seems worth it for the single player and then sell on :)

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

This is just like all the other CoDs. Fantastic spectacle, but downright silly campaign. Salen Kotch is one of the most pathetic villains I've encountered in my entire gaming life, not helped by Kit Harrington putting in a shameful performance. And the writing ... dear god. "We don't fight, we attack!" That's something a schoolboy would write while bored in class. Honestly, it is terrible.

I've enjoyed the side missions a lot more than the main campaign, although I haven't touched the Jackal ones. In the VR demo the Jackal is great fun to fly (better than the X-Wing and EVE), but outside of VR the flying is duff. I don't enjoy it. The gunplay is fun with the right guns, and I like the various robots and grenades that can aid you, but yeah, what a load of shite otherwise. Really glad I only paid £20 for this.

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Yeah, I said previously I liked Ethan. He's the best thing in the game. But if you look at the cast, there's a lot of talent - all wasted on play time at school writing. 

Titanfall 2 is currently only £28.99 at Amazon (PS4 or Xbox disc version).

OK, it's not "back down to £20", but as I said before, I think it's actually worth full price for both the SP (the most inventive shooter campaign I've played in ages, with brilliant gunplay, pacing, and action, and an even better robot companion than Ethan) and the MP (fucking great fun, put *many* hours into it already). £28.99 is a fucking bargain for PC Gamer's best shooter of 2016.

Back to CoD... I suppose.

I played some more of the campaign last night, for the first time since last week (Christmas got in the way of gaming).

Yeah, it's good fun, but I'm still of the opinion that it's not anywhere near as good as Titanfall 2's campaign, nor even as enjoyable as COD: AW's (although AW was certainly helped by having Spacey as an OTT villain instead of Jon Snow as a lame villain).

IW's campaign is not one that I'd ever have any intention of replaying, unlike Titanfall 2, AW, MW, and the Halo Trilogy plus Reach.

Cleared all available side missions (which seems to be all the boarding side missions but not all the Jackal side missions), then just done a main mission on Titan - Burn Water, I think.

Still not up there with Titanfall 2 for me, but that Titan mission was admittedly a big improvement on the previous main missions.

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

And I ain't buying it until it is, so stop going on about it. :P  I do really want to play it, but no.

I keep going on about it because I remember how much nagging it took to get you to watch B5 and Buffy and Person of Interest :P

Just finished the campaign.

Definite improvement from Operation Burn Water onwards (so, from the halfway point!).

Still comes below Titanfall 2 for me for this year's shooters, and below Advanced Warfare for post-MW CoD campaigns, but I did quite enjoy it overall.

Ethan was the highlight, definitely. A great companion character.

I also liked the Marine Sergeant, although it was odd hearing David Harewood speak without what for me is his usual fake American accent.

Most of the weapons seemed fairly forgettable, but some of the LB/RB abilities and grenades were good fun.

5 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The difference is I said I will when it comes back down to £20. And I will. So SSSHHHHAAADDDUUUUUPP!! :lol:

Fine, I will. Just make sure you do get it! ;)

5 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Agreed. But here, we're given almost zero exposition. 

I think that we were given enough, especially as it's a CoD game.

It was drummed into the player, repeatedly, that Admiral Snow was an evil bastard and that the SDF was a nasty military dictatorship, so what's wrong with the motivation simply being "SDF wants to control the Solar System with an iron fist"?

• 1 month later...

For my sins I've gone back to the MP for the first time since this thread died way back in the year 2016. The patches and Pro upgrade have helped, as has the mass exodus of all the most annoying kind of COD players. Ironically, flawed as it is, this is a COD whose community allows you to enjoy it. Oh, and bull charge is still a contender for my favourite 'nope' in any online game at the moment.

None of this is persuading me to lose my mind and buy the recently released Sabotage DLC, though.

It is fun isnt it, once you let the de-hype settle. I stick with my standard loadout for the last few years, LMG, thermal sight, dead silence, foregrip. DLC1 might be a tempter, but never ever ever a season pass again, it's always dead by pack 3 and splits the base something rotten.

Just as I was getting into it, Activision announces that the era of Space COD is over and the series is going 'back to its roots' this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-09-call-of-duty-will-return-to-its-roots-after-infinite-warfare-sales-disappoint

They've also decided to bring new content to Black Ops 3 after the Sabotage DLC bombed. Ouch, Infinity Ward.

10 hours ago, DC07 said:

Just as I was getting into it, Activision announces that the era of Space COD is over and the series is going 'back to its roots' this year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-09-call-of-duty-will-return-to-its-roots-after-infinite-warfare-sales-disappoint

They've also decided to bring new content to Black Ops 3 after the Sabotage DLC bombed. Ouch, Infinity Ward.

Good to see that they act. This was the first CoD since CoD II that I didn't buy on launch day (and still haven't)