Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nespresso

Sorry if this question has already come up in this thread, but - I'd probably never play the MP of this, being shit at games, but I love a good SP FPS campaign.  I thought Titanfall 2's was amazing, how does this compare?  Is it worth getting just for the SP?

4 minutes ago, PK said:

Sorry if this question has already come up in this thread, but - I'd probably never play the MP of this, being shit at games, but I love a good SP FPS campaign.  I thought Titanfall 2's was amazing, how does this compare?  Is it worth getting just for the SP?

Yes, this is totally worth getting for the solo Campaign alone. I think it's even better than Titanfall 2's Campaign. If you've not played new Doom then get that too! 

The MP in COD:IW is.... fine! doesn't set the world on fire and I'd probably invest my time elsewhere but it's no bad. 

1 hour ago, PK said:

Yeah I got it for €15 and the campaign has definitely been worth it so far. Zombies seems like decent fun as well. 

I will never touch the multiplayer of this ever again though, the 40 minutes I spent with it were bad beyond belief. Nightmare inducing stuff. 

Aw man...I'm so painfully weak when it comes to these things.

Seeing it for £15 at CDkeys (not the legacy version, mind), I picked it up.

And then suddenly realised Doom was going for under £12.

Another christmas of extreme bloodshed then!

3 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Yes, this is totally worth getting for the solo Campaign alone. I think it's even better than Titanfall 2's Campaign. If you've not played new Doom then get that too! 

The MP in COD:IW is.... fine! doesn't set the world on fire and I'd probably invest my time elsewhere but it's no bad. 

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Yeah I got it for €15 and the campaign has definitely been worth it so far. Zombies seems like decent fun as well. 

I will never touch the multiplayer of this ever again though, the 40 minutes I spent with it were bad beyond belief. Nightmare inducing stuff. 

Thanks!

Just noticed that CDKeys says the region is Europe, does anyone know if I'll be able to activate that on my (UK) account?  I realise we're in Europe (for now) but they've got a different version of the game listing the region as UK.

Actually I've just realised what a monumentally fucking stupid question that was, never mind. 

And that's the campaign finished! 

It had some highs and some lows but overall I'd rank this amongst the best CoD campaigns yet. And while it tries to shake things up a bit with some occasional zero-g and air combat it's quite a standard corridor shooter and actually feels rather old-school in certain ways. Especially the missions which take place on earth where if you'd swap the sci-fi setting for a contemporary one it wouldn't make a difference, the combat would stay the same. That's all fine though, I got what I paid for and really enjoyed it.

The writing and setting are what mostly drew me in here. For the first time a CoD game has genuinely managed to create some interesting and believable characters. It's far from brilliant but at least it does a good job of creating a captivating setting and establish a proper narrative where you know, for the most part, what's going on (in that regard this is Citizen Kane compared to BO3). 

I felt the ending was kind of abrupt and didn't really get what was going on either but all in all it was a fun ride for sure. A shame we'll probably never get a proper sequel. 

59 minutes ago, vezna said:

The multiplayer in this is terrible. An absolute series low. They might find it hard to bounce back from something so bad. 

We've been through this, why is it terrible? I've listed my issues but I never hear any from other people, only "it is bad". Why is it bad? Its the same as every year, nothing is drastically different at all? The guns, perks etc ..its 95% the same. Please, I'd like to hear specific reasons why you don't like it. Not to argue with, just because "it is crap" kills discussion.

35 minutes ago, angel said:

We've been through this, why is it terrible? I've listed my issues but I never hear any from other people, only "it is bad". Why is it bad? Its the same as every year, nothing is drastically different at all? The guns, perks etc ..its 95% the same. Please, I'd like to hear specific reasons why you don't like it. Not to argue with, just because "it is crap" kills discussion.

90 degree corners everywhere, abysmal sightlines, no verticality in the map design. no 3 lane flow to any of the maps.

Its a shame as the single player is tremendous fun and I am glad I invested.

3 minutes ago, Dave White said:

90 degree corners everywhere, abysmal sightlines, no verticality in the map design. no 3 lane flow to any of the maps.

Its a shame as the single player is tremendous fun and I am glad I invested.

Yeah, they are problems I can go along with, im sick of "conveniently" placed crates you know are just there to block sight lines.

It's still a decent game mind, I've had a lot of fun with it.

13 minutes ago, Dave White said:

To add: worse movement compared to BO3 (yes it is toned down and not at all "exactly the same"), terrible hitreg, balance almost non-existent with P2W weapon variations and other outright 'pull trigger to win' weapons/abilities, and Terminal (just to name one example) is a designer's nightmare with most if not all surfaces being shimmering epilepsy inducing textures that make readability a joke. Overall it just lacks the focus and polish previous entries, such as BO3, had. 

But all that being said there's no harm in liking a game despite of its issues. I've enjoyed plenty of outright shit games but it'd be a bit silly to defend those. 

53 minutes ago, angel said:

Reminds me a bit of Ghosts. Yeah, it's Call of Duty but it's just sort of soulless. Uninspired maps being my main bone of contention. I didn't play long at all but there's nothing here to get me to buy the game once the 5 day free period is up. Like it or not it has to get compared to Black Ops 3 & Titanfall 2 and games like that are light years ahead. 

1 hour ago, vezna said:

Reminds me a bit of Ghosts. Yeah, it's Call of Duty but it's just sort of soulless. Uninspired maps being my main bone of contention. I didn't play long at all but there's nothing here to get me to buy the game once the 5 day free period is up. Like it or not it has to get compared to Black Ops 3 & Titanfall 2 and games like that are light years ahead. 

I enjoy the levelling process, unlocking stuff...I love thermal sights in cod so I unlocked those for everything (using the 2xp weapon weekend), I love dead silence for my headphones so I unlocked that (level 40, then permanently). I love FFA games so I play a bunch of that, tripmines are fun, the new grenades are good....I find there's a lot of fun toys to play with in this one. It is absolutely ghosts though, see that big crusher wheel on the mars like planet? That was a direct lift from the DLC map behemoth, the same model..most of the guns are the same models modified a bit...I don't mind, no point reinventing the wheel every time but I did chuckle.

latest?cb=20140608211049

I've done a couple of levels on the F2P campaign.

its pretty but style over substance. The same problems persist. You don't know who's shooting at you, the usual assault an enemy position where although you may not die, you can't avoid being shot. You can't tell who's on your side or what they're going on about.

Shamelessly ripping off Titanfall ("this new frontier", jet packs, robot design etc).

Bollocks.

Thought the first two levels of campaign available from the weekend trial were really good, so much so I played through them again on veteran (not too hard apart from the time limited bit with the Ed209 thing). Going by this thread it sounds like the rest of the campaign is great too and the guns feel fantastic so I'll definitely be picking it up when it's cheap. Tried a bit of multi and couldn't get excited about it -- it all just seems like such a chore to level up.

Good to see that you can do zombies in split screen even if you can't try it in the demo. I wish they'd bring back the Spec Ops missions, or at least some sort of horde mode set in the futuristic universe.