Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nespresso

6 minutes ago, angel said:

What a dick? Bit strong, you're the one hit and run posting on something you're unqualified to talk about. I asked you nicely to expand upon it rather than just shitpost and run, that's all.

Not really, that was Monday, this is now Wednesday and you are calling me out over it. I don't have fanatical amounts of hour and hours to post all the time you know. 

I'm unqualified because I bought the game and played it? What qualifications do you need beyond that please?

Just now, englishbob said:

Not really, that was Monday, this is now Wednesday and you are calling me out over it. I don't have fanatical amounts of hour and hours to post all the time you know. 

I'm unqualified because I bought the game and played it? What qualifications do you need beyond that please?

More than 1 hour, sorted out your lag.

Ive nothing against you bob, just you cant claim that stuff when it's not backed up with a bit more play time.

1 minute ago, angel said:

Heh, talk about spitting your dummy.

Ok, well your list of unbalanced is COD, that's how it works, nothing new. So you don't like COD. Factually you're wrong too, I'm on the way to my 2nd prestige so I can speak about the stuff you've said.

Enemy inbound thingy...same as every COD, plenty of warning. You mean scorchers.

Inbound thingy...you mean Warden, same as every other gunship, pack a rocket launcher and blind eye.

Dead silence reduces footsteps it doesnt remove them. Believe me I know, it's my fave perk and my 1st perma unlock.

Spawns is standard COD ,I have a crazy video of me earning a 9 streak within 30 seconds by looking at a spawn. Thats FFA, always has been. The clue is in the name, free for all, it's meant as a rumble pit of crazy killing.

Laggy?  No it's not. I'm using 2.4ghz wifi on Infinity 2 and it's perfect. No problems whatsoever. Check your setup. I'm frankly amazed you're levelling this accusation at it on a game savvy forum, it's you not the game.

Janky.  I dont get sound drop outs, not even once. Nonsense. Even then, what would that have to do with anything? All games have little transitions and hiccups. Maybe it's your ps4, mine's fine, and I've played a lot of this game.

Graphically I think it's outstanding, clean, crisp, lovely depth of field, gorgeous guns. Some serious asset recycling from previous games, but still ace.

re: your disclaimer. You just want to be sarcy now because you know inside you're posting some silliness. When I say qualified, I mean 1 hour online does not a coherent opinion make, especially when you've not even sorted out a good connection.

Are you the lead programmer of this game or something? 

4 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Are you the lead programmer of this game or something? 

All my points are obvious to any COD player.  The guns, the kilstreaks, they are all standard quantities with a few tweaks. Gunships have been the same since MW1...the warden you hate is just a harrier, or a chopper, or any of the last 11 games worth of air killstreaks.

If you're resorting to "am I the programmer", I see you dont have an answer back, not really. All the stuff I said is just COD, the only new things in IW are the maps, the energy weapons (which are just AKs and SMGs with some bouncy bullets anyway), and some perk tweaks. That is more than enough for me, that's all I want...same game, new content.

Sorry bob, I'm sure TF2 is great, but you're miles off on this one.

You ask for more detailed comments on my initial thoughts and I have now given. (For what its worth its over about 3 hours play, on 2 different days.)

You then retort I have "spat my dummy out" and that everything I mentioned is wrong, and that its all perfect. 

Its not perfect, far from it. There is a reason why this thread is dead since release, (SP campaign omitted as I have no views) and it is because the game is not very good, at all. 

Peace out

I appreciate your expanding, bob, I do. I countered them because they're not correct. My ideal scenario would be you revisiting and enjoying the game. I said you spat the dummy because you refused to recognise that "qualified" refers to "playing more than 1 hour".

COD threads on rllmuk are always dead, this is business as usual. The game is great, you're wrong.

34 minutes ago, angel said:

COD threads on rllmuk are always dead, this is business as usual. 

Yup COD BLOPS 3 thread was pretty much just like this one shortly after launch.

Anyone up for squading up and playing online sometime?  Might be a bit of a laugh?

Either this or MW: Remastered?

have it on both consoles so happy to sort it out on either.

2 hours ago, smac said:

Well, I sprung for this in the Amazon sale on the SP recommendations here. Should be landing on my doormat today.

Landed before lunch. 'Great!' thinks I, 'I can have a quick blast in my lunch hour'.

Coincidentally, about an hour is how long it takes to install (well, 45 mins or so; pretty much whatever I had left after eating my sandwiches and firing up the PS4).

I thought your previous video summed up one of the problems, Angel. You know, the one where you were essentially camping with a thermal scope and shooting enemies as they spawned on a tiny map 'without shame'. And to emphasise the kind of play style they want to attract, the quick scoping and head glitching are next level in this one.

They've put all this boosting and wall running in the game that the vocal majority was against and it's turned out to be all but useless, which is why it wasn't used by you in that match. The whole concept behind the multiplayer is flawed and when you get around to buying Titanfall 2, you might understand why those who've played both have no time for this one.

I'm not a COD hater. I bought the game and willed them to prove all those space haters wrong. They did with the campaign.

The other problem is that the state of the netcode and lag compensation means it wouldn't really matter if it was good anyway.

2 minutes ago, DC07 said:

I thought your previous video summed up one of the problems, Angel. You know, the one where you were essentially camping with a thermal scope and shooting enemies as they spawned on a tiny map 'without shame'. And to emphasise the kind of play style they want to attract, the quick scoping and head glitching are next level in this one.

They've put all this boosting and wall running in the game that the vocal majority was against and it's turned out to be all but useless, which is why it wasn't used by you in that match. The whole concept behind the multiplayer is flawed and when you get around to buying Titanfall 2, you might understand why those who've played both have no time for this one.

I'm not a COD hater. I bought the game and willed them to prove all those space haters wrong. They did with the campaign.

The other problem is that the state of the netcode and lag compensation means it wouldn't really matter if it was good anyway.

..or maybe you know, people like that style of game? I certainly do when the mood takes me and can be partial to a bit of running around a map popping people with reckless abandon while also repeatedly dying. It can be, y'ah know.. fun. If I want to play something that feels like I'm taking part a complex sandbox eco-system then I'd put Titanfall 2 on. Doesn't make it objectively "better". 

What really grinds my gears now-a-days is people banding around the term "flaw" in videogames and film. An annoying passing of judgement like it's an gospel on things that are totally subjective without any kinda of discussion or willingness to see otherwise. It's so close-minded. "I don't like something because..." is often a bit more appropriate yah nah?   

18 minutes ago, DC07 said:

That's HC FFA though mate, anything goes. 8 players all dumped in a map with half health, it's meant to be chaos.

Oh and I jump and wallrun like mad, if anything it's more powerful in this than BO3, i'm stunned the reviewers thought it was less powerful. Its MILES stronger here. You can even double jump, wall run, the jump again on the same run and wall to increase your height. There's a challenge for running a certain (long) distance without touching the ground.

COD to me is a very misunderstood game by the mainstream press, they get all of the nuance wrong. Even bob there thought dead silence makes you utterly silent, it doesn't. Although he wont have it because it's a level 40 unlock, he's just assuming other players have it on, but he doesn't say what audio setup he's using.

So I managed to get a few hours on the campaign last night; this is my first ever CoD.

Fuck me, it was confusing - it threw the kitchen sink in there; run and gun, stealth, zero-G, and space dogfights? Enjoyable as it goes, but I think I'll enjoy it more on a second run-through when I can work out what's going on more and die less. I'm dealing out a *lot* of friendly fire in this one. Or somehow finding myself ahead of the rest of my force and wondering if the person in front of me is a bad guy - up to the point they shoot me in the face.

And as for the plot?

My captain is killed and as ranking officer, I take over. My first act as captain? To take part in a ground assault with a small team, against overwhelming odds, while my ship is still crippled from the sneak attack. And then continue to personally lead every assault we do, whether ground assault, breach assault, stealth infiltration or space-based dogfight? Man, as a captain, I'm a dickhead with an inflated opinion of my own abilities.

2 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I think it's the first CoD campaign I've ever played start-to-finish. Are they all this rubbish?

I managed to put four hours into this before the tedium ground me down and I gave up after finding it to be quite uninspiring and unrelenting tedious. I only played it as I felt I had nothing to lose,  seeing as it came free with the MW remaster,  but I suppose that I could have used the four hours I lost a little more productively.

To be fair,  those four hours are still around  3 1/2 hours more than I have managed in a COD campaign since the original MW. The MP hasn't been touched,  other than a couple of rounds,  mostly as it feels pretty bad after weeks playing only Titanfall. 

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Black Ops 3's campaign was the worst one but I've mostly heard nothing but good things about this one though.

The COD Ghosts campaign was the worst one, Black Ops 3 is one of my favourites, but I did play it entirely in co-op with 3 others, which made it great fun.

Ghosts was the one with the Dog yeah? I quite liked that campaign, the space level was proper Moonraker.

The worst campaign is Advanced Warfare by a long way. Robots? fuck right off mate.

edit: wait, no I'm thinking of BLOPS3, the one with Christopher Meloni's face and the tree of tedium. That's the worst.

I was in a sainsburies local last night and they had the Legacy edition for £43. Might go back tonight and pick it up.

Finished the campaign tonight. Really enjoyed it. I enjoy most of the COD campaigns as they deliver exactly what you expect. Playing this, I'm just amazed at the technical prowess in modern games. Some really amazing stuff, presentationally, in this game. On top of that, I really enjoyed the Jackal missions. Dog fighting around asteroids and the like was really entertaining. I did every side mission, too, which is unusual for me, but I was enjoying this enough to want more of it. Then the ending... Just a cracking campaign.

13 hours ago, APM said:

Finished the campaign tonight. Really enjoyed it. I enjoy most of the COD campaigns as they deliver exactly what you expect. Playing this, I'm just amazed at the technical prowess in modern games. Some really amazing stuff, presentationally, in this game. On top of that, I really enjoyed the Jackal missions. Dog fighting around asteroids and the like was really entertaining. I did every side mission, too, which is unusual for me, but I was enjoying this enough to want more of it. Then the ending... Just a cracking campaign.

Yeah, but it's just totally rubbish m8!

On 24/11/2016 at 15:17, gooner4life said:

The COD Ghosts campaign was the worst one, Black Ops 3 is one of my favourites, but I did play it entirely in co-op with 3 others, which made it great fun.

On 24/11/2016 at 15:19, _Pow_ said:

Ghosts was the one with the Dog yeah? I quite liked that campaign, the space level was proper Moonraker.

The worst campaign is Advanced Warfare by a long way. Robots? fuck right off mate.

edit: wait, no I'm thinking of BLOPS3, the one with Christopher Meloni's face and the tree of tedium. That's the worst.

I was in a sainsburies local last night and they had the Legacy edition for £43. Might go back tonight and pick it up.

I utterly hated the campaign for Ghosts, and fucking loved the one for AW.