Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

Nespresso

On 12/11/2016 at 14:24, gooner4life said:

This is by far the best shooter campaign for years.

Just finished it, love the little touch in the credits, love the entire game from start to end, simply phenomenal.

ill do my veteran play through on PS4 Pro

I was just about to post the same. Brilliant campaign. Took my time and did all the side missions too. I switched to Pro half way through and the difference is significant. Cracking looking game.

Just did my first mission where I could choose which one to do next.

Loving the campaign in this. No pretence or complication, just good and straightforward fun, with brilliant production value.

The flying around spacey bits run rings around the last StarFox, huh...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if you buy the Legacy Edition of this on disc, is COD4 actually on the disc, or is it a download code?

Thanks

EDIT - Sorry, found the answer quite quickly via Google - Doh! 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

The Legacy Editions are at SimplyGames now for £49.99

Took advantage of the Simply Games offer of the Legacy Edition for £49.99 and ordered Thursday night

Of course its the weekend, and forgot how shit my postal service is. No game today, so Monday. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU (means fuck all time during the week to get stuck in)

1 hour ago, englishbob said:

First hour impressions of MP.

This is a janky, laggy, unbalanced mess.

Titanfall 2 I love you

Please expand past your hit and run posting, whats janky, laggy and unbalanced?  Mines not laggy at all thats down to you, nor is it janky. What do think is unbalanced?

Great weekend 2xp weapons and standard. Managed to get all ARs, LMGs up to max level, very little point in prestiging weapons this time (you get a dog tag dangling from the gun, and then something else nigh on identical) so I didn't repeat. The main thing is getting all the attachments unlocked. A super fun class is the 2ndry grenade launcher which gives you 3 shots, couple of tripmines, dexterity for fast reload, dead silence for stealth, you just run round like a loony blasting the po faced pros who get cocky on their mics, nice to whip it out as it drives them mad.

Didn't maximise the opening weekend so I used this one to get up to level 55. Its a shame all the good toys are locked so high up, I'm going to lose the grenade launcher, classic weapons etc when I prestige...but my token must be used on dead silence, the ultimate essential item. Otherwise I'm basically using any weapon depending, with thermal sight, supressor, foregrip and laser sight, single tripmine, dead silence and gung ho.   Gung ho is so useful, reload or fire while sprinting, with that and a laser sight you can run round hosing people in hardcore without having to ADS.

Maxed out the first mission team thingy and got the guns from it, neat little extra additions like +5% accuracy, or a master key. Nothing game breaking. Did a few crates and unlocked the ripper from ghosts. Plenty of depth to check out all these little nick nacks, should be fun.

I didnt think @englishbob would be able to expand on it being unbalanced, more like he died a lot, quit, and thought he'd share his unqualified opinion.

Never understood this desperate need to squash one game in favour of another. I will get Titanfall later, but I'm not in their thread moaning about it.  Still not even played MWR, i'm so into IW.

Guys guys guys, chill out. Titanfall is brilliant and although I haven't got on with IW MP I can still see the quality it has.

Surely we can agree that they're both well made, really great games? The SP in IW is literally the best thing I've played all year. Worth the price alone!

Unbalanced:

"Enemy thingy inbound, take c...." YOUR DEAD

"Inbound enemy skything..." DEAD

Overly long sky attacks from floating space ship things, go on for about 2 or more minutes. In a 10 minute game that is daft

I'll put it on here anyway - Dead silence perk. Always been total and utter shit. Soldiers moving around in complete silence

Respawns. Get killed? Turn around as you respawn, 9 times out of 10 you can kill your attacker. Just killed someone? Watch your back, they are right behind you now! This is especially true of FFA matches.

At times it plays like Unreal Tournament games, spawn, dead in 3 seconds, one shot and dead.

Laggy:

Its very laggy (PS4). Even just walking, not running, at times its 3 steps forward and 1 back at times. Trying to get through a doorway sometimes is hilarious bad, but the joke wears off quickly when you keep hitting the wall. 

Put it this way most of the time I know I am in the vicinity of another player once the thing starts frame skipping around. 

Janky: 

Sound drop outs. There have been one-offs, but always one on finishing matches and going back to the menus

THE SMALLEST FUCKING FONT USED EVER?

Graphically it is the poorest looking COD MP ever. They spent 3 years on this? Booting up the COD4 remaster puts it in its place.

There you go. 

Disclaimer: This post is unqualified, awaiting verification

59 minutes ago, englishbob said:

What a dick. What qualifications are required?

What a dick? Bit strong, you're the one hit and run posting on something you're unqualified to talk about. I asked you nicely to expand upon it rather than just shitpost and run, that's all.

6 minutes ago, englishbob said:

At times it plays like Unreal Tournament games, spawn, dead in 3 seconds, one shot and dead.

Yes, but this is the whole point and vibe of current COD. It's a super fast "Time to Kill" game with an almost bubblewrap popping hook.

It's the game's schtick. It's what it does and has done for quite a while now.. this does not make it bad at all, it gives it it's own flavour.  

16 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Unbalanced:

"Enemy thingy inbound, take c...." YOUR DEAD

"Inbound enemy skything..." DEAD

Overly long sky attacks from floating space ship things, go on for about 2 or more minutes. In a 10 minute game that is daft

I'll put it on here anyway - Dead silence perk. Always been total and utter shit. Soldiers moving around in complete silence

Respawns. Get killed? Turn around as you respawn, 9 times out of 10 you can kill your attacker. Just killed someone? Watch your back, they are right behind you now! This is especially true of FFA matches.

Laggy:

Its very laggy (PS4). Even just walking, not running, at times its 3 steps forward and 1 back at times. Trying to get through a doorway sometimes is hilarious bad, but the joke wears off quickly when you keep hitting the wall. 

Put it this way most of the time I know I am in the vicinity of another player once the thing starts frame skipping around. 

Janky: 

Sound drop outs. There have been one-offs, but always one on finishing matches and going back to the menus

THE SMALLEST FUCKING FONT USED EVER?

Graphically it is the poorest looking COD MP ever. They spent 3 years on this? Booting up the COD4 remaster puts it in its place.

There you go. 

Disclaimer: This post is unqualified, awaiting verification

re: Disclaimer: This post is unqualified, awaiting verification

Heh, talk about spitting your dummy, come on man.

Ok, well your list of unbalanced is COD, that's how it works, nothing new. So you don't like COD. Factually you're wrong too, I'm on the way to my 2nd prestige so I can speak about the stuff you've said.

Enemy inbound thingy...same as every COD, plenty of warning. You mean scorchers.

Inbound thingy...you mean Warden, same as every other gunship, pack a rocket launcher and blind eye.

Dead silence reduces footsteps it doesnt remove them. Believe me I know, it's my fave perk and my 1st perma unlock.

Spawns is standard COD ,I have a crazy video of me earning a 9 streak within 30 seconds by looking at a spawn. Thats FFA, always has been. The clue is in the name, free for all, it's meant as a rumble pit of crazy killing.

Laggy?  No it's not. I'm using 2.4ghz wifi on Infinity 2 and it's perfect. No problems whatsoever. Check your setup. I'm frankly amazed you're levelling this accusation at it on a game savvy forum, it's you not the game.

Janky.  I dont get sound drop outs, not even once. Nonsense. Even then, what would that have to do with anything? All games have little transitions and hiccups. Maybe it's your ps4, mine's fine, and I've played a lot of this game.

Graphically I think it's outstanding, clean, crisp, lovely depth of field, gorgeous guns. Some serious asset recycling from previous games, but still ace.

re: your disclaimer. You just want to be sarcy now because you know inside you're posting some silliness. When I say qualified, I mean 1 hour online does not a coherent opinion make, especially when you've not even sorted out a good connection.