rllmuk
Yobo Ahoy

Fleabag - BBC3 Comedy

Anyone been watching this? Probably BBC3's first half decent comedy since the switch to online... It's 4 or 5 episodes in. Everywhere online seems to be giving it rave reviews but I can't really make up my mind. It's similar to Flowers in that the first episode is ludicrously funny (I was thinking to myself 'this is the new Peep Show') and relatively lighthearted and then gets gradually darker, more depressing and less funny as the series goes on. Obviously I'll see it through but it's an odd one ... anyone else? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p040tlqx/episodes/player

• Upvote 1

Yeah I like it.  The lead eats up the screen with a blend of sexy, selfish and damaged beyond repair.  She's excellent.  Hugh Dennis was brilliant in the episode I saw recently.

• Upvote 2

Yes, it's well put together with good script, performances and production and she's hopefully got a bright future ahead of her. I watched the first 4 this week and now waiting for the last two on iplayer 

Finally got round to watching this myself and it is as good as I've heard. Really smart and very funny in places. Well worth your time if you haven't watched it. And it's all on iPlayer currently!

• Upvote 2

This is fantastic. Great return. Makes me wonder if I've missed anything else from bbc3? Apart from this and people just do nothing I tend to ignore any bbc3 comedy as it just looks like a rehashed two pints of lager aimed at sixteen year olds 

Really liked that. Equal parts funny and shocking. I properly hate her sisters husband so

Spoiler

I greatly enjoyed that punch. 

With this, Derry Girls and Alan Partridge on in the same week we're really getting some good comedy. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Papaya Dance said:

This is fantastic. Great return. Makes me wonder if I've missed anything else from bbc3? Apart from this and people just do nothing I tend to ignore any bbc3 comedy as it just looks like a rehashed two pints of lager aimed at sixteen year olds 

Give uncle a try all 3 series are now up on. Netflix binged watched all them last week

She also wrote and starred in crashing which was pretty good should be available on all4

• Upvote 1

This Country, Enterprice and Hounslow Diaries are all great.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Give uncle a try all 3 series are now up on. Netflix binged watched all them last week

I watched the first two episodes of that when it came out but didn't get on with it. It wasn't bad but didn't really tickle me. Appreciate the recommendation though!

On 04/03/2019 at 17:42, Triple A said:

I like this show a lot, but for a bit of balance against all the love, fucking hell it’s smug. Like, worse than Catastrophe smug.

I guess it's smug if you take it at face value and assume Fleabag is just "one of life's winners"?

She's a smug character but it's not like the show is saying she's even remotely a good/correct person. I don't think you can say the show itself is smug. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, ZOK said:

This Country,

Watched all of these a couple of weeks ago and they're great. Was in stitches at a christening last week because the vicar parked in a disabled space.

• Upvote 3