IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Show us yer ship.

FishyFish

On 8/12/2016 at 08:49, TehStu said:

I found a broken ship last night that was pretty much Firefly. It pained me to leave it, because it was utterly knackered and only 1 slot more.

Bugger. On closer inspection, it's only vaguely a Firefly lookalike:

No Man's Sky_20160811212724.jpg

That said, now I know it exists, I want it. Back to farming gold in my noob ship.

Here's what I've been riding since ditching my starter ship - the mighty Suginator S41:

Suginator.jpg

Ok, so she's nothing flash. And 20 slots? No way you're making it to the centre of the galaxy in that, bro. But she's reliable, easy to park, and has a sensible cockpit that you can actually see out of. Well, you can look up anyway, like dogs do. 

And that'll do me until I manage to get off this fucking planet - the 9 mil I have's burning a hole in my pocket and plenty of keen sellers heave their wares into the spaceport I call home, but with it being a Vy'keen joint the only ships that land here look like they've been sculpted from cereal packets. And cereal packets ain't my thing. Once I get out of here - which'll probably be another month or so, given the rate my zoology quest's progressing - I'll probably have 90 mil and be able to buy a motherfucking Death Star if I want one. But by then I'll be so worn down by futile toil and grinding age that I'll likely be unable to fly anything too fast, or too flashy, or too exciting, nor want to. I'll probably end up just buying a Space Volvo.

12 hours ago, TehStu said:

Bugger. On closer inspection, it's only vaguely a Firefly lookalike:

No Man's Sky_20160811212724.jpg

That said, now I know it exists, I want it. Back to farming gold in my noob ship.

Yeah, I don't recall a 1970s colour scheme in Firefly. Maybe some of the Reaver ships; they were pretty horrific...

Mine's not bad, bought one for 1.5mill then have upgraded twice to this little guy. 

I've now got a thing for diddy ships so aim to either restore or buy a little 35 slot one but they're around the 10 million or more range now.

Ship stats 2.jpg

2 hours ago, Gorf King said:

Ok, so I went for the cereal box-built Volvo after all. But I needed those 28 slots bad! And I'll never get off the planet anyway, so no-one will see me driving the thing. Ladies and gents, my latest ride: the noble Zushinomi S76.

Zushinomi%20cockpit.jpg

It's like one of those big military utility craft. I think its no-nonsense charms might be growing on me.

/Volvo

Love that cockpit pic. Had one of those style ships but have since jumped onto a couple wrecks since for extra slots on 27 right now. Thinking i'll sort myself out financially for a super tiny 35 slot beast that i've seen a couple times at space stations, it may take some time... 

I discovered a distress beacon and found a Ship with no survivors!  a complete write-off.

it gave me the option to swap my starter ship out, take over it, and repair it. So rewarding! 

I got ' her ' out of the crater by minimal repairs and back to a landing pad to work on it properly. 

What. a. Game! :o its like a little adventure film.

ship1.jpg

ship2.jpg

ship3.jpg