Overcooked - Chaotic co-op cooking

I really want to play this again :( got in 20 minutes of gameplay with @VN1Xlast weekend but then I had to leave cause adult responsibilities and all that shit. The bit we played was already really stressful but so much fun :D

I'm also playing another cooking game atm, with very different gameplay though - cooked, served, delicious! Also very stressful but fun, albeit sometimes a bit monotonous, as I wish I could upgrade foods etc a bit faster.

• 6 months later...

Switch version coming this week! 

Overcooked: Special Edition includes the original game plus The Lost Morsel and Festive Seasoning additional content, as well as special support for the Switch's HD Rumble functionality.

2 to 4 player co-op is available thanks to the wonder of the Joy-Cons, and it's also possible to play against other  carbon-based lifeforms in 9 special versus levels.

Overcooked: Special Edition will cost £15.99 / $19.99 / €19.99 and l(a)unches on July 27th.

Been playing this with my wife on PS4, and loving it - 3 starring each level has been quite achievable even with...erm...less than perfect communication and division of labour...provided I don't play it after a long stressful day, in which case I'm in danger of channeling Gordon Ramsay.

The final boss can piss right off though.

On 05/01/2017 at 15:43, Doctor Shark said:

This is great. I bought it in the vain hope of it being something to make my wife more interested in gaming, but no dice so far, so I'm playing alone

Exactly the same happened to me.  I keep trying to get her into gaming so that maybe she will understand me a little more.  All she ever plays are those crappy bejewelled games on her phone.

4 hours ago, ph0rce said:

That is a shame, I'm assuming it's local co-op only as well?

It is a shame, because it's a genuinely excellent little game but yes, local coop only. 

1 hour ago, Cool Ben said:

Exactly the same happened to me.  I keep trying to get her into gaming so that maybe she will understand me a little more.  All she ever plays are those crappy bejewelled games on her phone.

My wife doesn't even play those! To be honest I'm quite glad, really, as if we were both into gaming as much as I am, we probably wouldn't eat or leave the house! 

• 1 year later...