rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dino_jr

Summer Olympics 2016 Brazil

It's odd. Hes won absolutely everything there is, smashed records along the way that likely won't be broken for a long time, but it's so horrible to see Bolt finish third in his last race. It just would have been the perfect end to bow out having beaten that two time drug cheat Gatlin again.

Ah well.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can sympathise with doping bans for relatively unknown substances for fat loss or whatever and in Gatlins first case with the amphetamine found in his attention deficit disorder medication. But to then take the steroid, testosterone is a complete joke. I don't care if he was unaware, a top athlete SHOULD be aware. Especially in an event that is always under intense scrutiny. After being found guilty of that, he shouldn't have been permitted the opportunity to race again. Suppose its never black and white with these things. 

I went to the Athletics last night, the booing for Gatlin was super loud when his name was announced  for the semi, and got louder each time. Not sure what it sounded like on the TV. 

Someone or other was saying the other day he actually made an unusually small improvement from the times he was doing as a junior and thus never actually achieved what he was projected to be capable of, indicating to them he's incredibly likely to be clean (although - from my laymans perspective - I suppose that could also mean he'd been doping since he was 12 :P).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DC07 said:

Amazing scenes in the relay. GB... didn't... drop... the... baton. :o

My bet of three baton failures across the two finals didn't come off