rllmuk
tobert

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

Can't post it as I'm at work, but someone just put a guide to Guaranteed Play Of The Game on my Facebook:

1. Select Bastion.

2. Roll your face backwards and forwards across the keyboard whilst holding down the Attack button.

3 . Do this until the end of the match.

CONGRATULATIONS! Massive kill streak and Play Of The Game.

27 minutes ago, BubbleFish said:

I'm genuinely baffled at how anyone can complain about microtransactions in this. You're spot on with everything you say. What is their issue? 

They want to pay to win but can't? Genuinely the only thing I can think of. Why else would you be annoyed about it? The micro transactions are as inoffensive as I've ever seen. Spray paints, skins, taunts... nothing game changing, nothing that gives you an advantage. 

15 minutes ago, Vimster said:

Can't post it as I'm at work, but someone just put a guide to Guaranteed Play Of The Game on my Facebook:

[BASTION]

Are there no balance changes from the Beta then? Despite my earlier reservations, I crumbled and bought this anyway. Only played 3 games last night, but none were dominated by Bastion, and all PotG shots were of different characters. I was feeling hopeful that there had been some balancing tweaks! :)

6 minutes ago, Kauwiks said:

Are there no balance changes from the Beta then? Despite my earlier reservations, I crumbled and bought this anyway. Only played 3 games last night, but none were dominated by Bastion, and all PotG shots were of different characters. I was feeling hopeful that there had been some balancing tweaks! :)

In matches featuring Bastion I'm still seeing PotGs with a big kill streat whilst in turret mode. Maybe it's not an OP thing, more that people haven't yet figured out how to counter Bastion. Pain in the arse though.

I was moaning about bastion as much as the next man during open beta, but he's actually very limited. He's basically the overwatch equivalent of when you play against a button masher in a fighting game and against all reason and logic they beat you, despite you being a seasoned gamer who's learned all the combos. 

I agree with PCGames in that the bigger problem with Bastion isn't he's imbalanced, it's that he's boring.

Right now, Bastion’s sin is that it doesn’t promote many interesting interactions with other characters or systems. 

PlayOfTheMatch just emphasises that boringness because he's always in turret form staring straight ahead and holding down LMB.

I'm not aware of any tweaks to balance, regarding Bastion or anyone else, but I'm increasingly less sure he's overpowered anyway. He's good at being a turret, covering an area people have to make their way through in fairly predictable ways (which is why he's especially good against some tanks), and laying down quick, predictable DPS, but that can be countered.

If Bastion has no support, and/or the other team is made up of any combination which includes more than one or two of Genji, Tracer, Reaper, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Pharah and even Roadhog, then he can have a pretty torrid time.

I think Bastion on his own is actually the worst hero in the game. He just has so many counters. Put him with a Reinhardt + Mercy though and then he's a pain.

6 minutes ago, Zael said:

I think Bastion on his own is actually the worst hero in the game. He just has so many counters. Put him with a Reinhardt + Mercy though and then he's a pain.

I mean, yes, but chances are in that situation mercy is buffing bastion whilst Reinhardt shields them. Reaper can teleport behind them, kill bastion in a couple of hits and probably take a decent chunk off mercy before they realise what's happening.

Bastion seems to rarely be behind a Reinhardt shield these days, where it was a fairly common thing in the beta. He's usually plonked in a corner somewhere and gets a few sneaky kills and thats about it. I rarely if ever see a Bastion Potg now.

Yeah he's rarely a problem now, people are getting used to him and know the counters. I'm level 18 and I've only seen a handful so far today. He's a flat track bully that falls off a cliff (mmm, mixed metaphors) at higher levels of play. 

Bastion is fine, hes the easy mode cannon. Last night I killed him the following ways :-)

Genji reflect.

Hanzo snipe

Widow Maker Snipe

Winston leap SMASH

Tracer boost, boost kill

Reaper teleport kill

In one game in the beta we had 3 people using Bastion, if you are willing to change your character you win. 

If you stick rigidly to one character you get stomped

12 hours ago, VN1X said:

Finally got it to work at acceptable levels. It turned out my processor fan was full of nasty dust. So I cleaned out my rig (oh yeah I said it) and the game is chugging along nicely at an average of 70fps with far less slow down. It's still not perfect but at least I can enjoy this now! :D

If you've not been added to the OP please let me know by quoting this post, thanks. 

Despite being deep into Dark Souls 3 have picked this up given the positive reaction so keen to join in.  On PSN : bagapeas

Have just picked this up for PS4 too as couldn't resist the enthusiastic response it's getting. Need to wait for a 9.5gb update to finish first but should be on later tonight.

Add me to the PS4 players list please.

PSN: grant030372

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Ps4 team unite!!! At 930 pm plz 

Sounds good to me. I'll be on at various points probably, will try and make sure I'm on then too.

Ps4 team unite!!! At 930 pm plz 

Yuss, I'll be there.

Sorry if this was covered in the beta, but I only just realised that there are some character specific control preferences. Nothing groundbreaking, but being able to toggle Mercy's beams rather than holding the trigger down, for example, is pretty useful. 

6 minutes ago, Christoph84 said:

Sorry if this was covered in the beta, but I only just realised that there are some character specific control preferences. Nothing groundbreaking, but being able to toggle Mercy's beams rather than holding the trigger down, for example, is pretty useful. 

Yeah reposting this just in case. :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah, couldn't resist after reading impressions here. Will be on in the evening and relying on emotes and pre-scripted phrases to get my point across:

PSN: meester_cheemp

9 minutes ago, Christoph84 said:

The other thing I didn't realise until last night was that, despite it just being listed as on X in the character screen, Pharah's rocket boosters are also on L2, which makes it a shitload easier to hover, aim and fire at the same time. :P

6 hours ago, JDubYes said:

Add me please - JDubYes on PSN.

Incidentally, I'm loving that this game is being played by so many people at the moment - at one point last night we had a full team of six, then another two in the party waiting to join. (In reality this was both nice to see and made me feel almost guilty, but still.)

I'm think I'm genuinely still getting over the shock of seeing you use someone other than D.Va for consecutive games.

You're right though - he makes a lot more sense (and is a lot more interesting) when you realise he's a flanker rather than just a battering ram, and he's one of the better Torbjorn/Bastion counters if you can use that Teleport effectively. That kind of thing is part of what makes the game so good, despite the current relative lack of modes and maps - there are tactics in the picks and counter-picks, and you never mind switching character because they're pretty much all so much fun and so good.

It's just the best game. :D

That's the thing I learned quickly with Reaper: he's fairly vicious close-up, but the invincible-floating thing only gets you so far.

Teleport behind a turret and its fucking dwarf, and you're laughing. Possibly even better than D.Va as a turret-killer.

I've been trying some new heroes, Junkrat is a lot of fun to use, the jump mine trick is handy too for getting out of trouble. Lucio is still my favourite though ;)

Ps4 crew best save me a slot tonight, or there's no heals for you 

I'm repair my own turret.

19 hours ago, Harsin said:

Saw a really good suggestion on NeoGAF, that Play of the Game should go to whoever wins the vote at the end of the game. They'd have to rejig the post-game screen order, but it would do away with the Hanzo and Bastion show we have at the moment and reward team players.

I like that idea, but I don't think it would work as the vote is currently set up for the person that is the best overall stats wise but that does't necessarily mean they have one moment of awesome. The other option would be to vote for it, like you said, but play gif like stills of the clips the algorithm has selected. 

Do ps4 crew wanna set up a what's app group? Would Make setting up teams easier plus we can have what's app banter.