rllmuk
tobert

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

I really enjoy this, but man I'm having a run of bad luck. Last night I had about 9 losses in a row...every game of the evening.  With randoms you would think statistically it would even out a little :o

Saw a really good suggestion on NeoGAF, that Play of the Game should go to whoever wins the vote at the end of the game. They'd have to rejig the post-game screen order, but it would do away with the Hanzo and Bastion show we have at the moment and reward team players.

• Upvote 5

Just finished an epic comback on capture point. The other team were destroying us, it was sitting at 0 / 99% and we did a bit of switching around and managed to pull it back and win. Talk about tense! Loving Junkrat at the minute, spamming balls of death in random directions works great for me as my aim isnt the greatest lol.

And I feel a bit dirty, I played as Bastion tonight. We were moving the payload on Mumbani and this one guy was just sitting in doorways, hiding in litle nooks and crannies spamming his Turret form, so when it was our turn, I had to do the same. 

Reaper gets some unfair slack, I tell ya. His teleport is fucking LETHAL.

First game I've ever liked enough to double dip on and jesus christ do I feel more skilled on pc than on ps4.  I feel like i'm doing well to get 2 kills before I die on PS4 but on my first go with keyboard and mouse I went on a 15 kill streak.  First time I'd used that control method in YEARS as well!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the control sensitivity at default levels seems a bit off. I imagine it's a hell of a lot easier with mouse.

Finally got it to work at acceptable levels. It turned out my processor fan was full of nasty dust. So I cleaned out my rig (oh yeah I said it) and the game is chugging along nicely at an average of 70fps with far less slow down. It's still not perfect but at least I can enjoy this now! :D

If you've not been added to the OP please let me know by quoting this post, thanks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

Finally got it to work at acceptable levels. It turned out my processor fan was full of nasty dust. So I cleaned out my rig (oh yeah I said it) and the game is chugging along nicely at an average of 70fps with far less slow down. It's still not perfect but at least I can enjoy this now! :D

If you've not been added to the OP please let me know by quoting this post, thanks. 

Could you add me please? PSN: Christoph_84

Finally got it to work at acceptable levels. It turned out my processor fan was full of nasty dust. So I cleaned out my rig (oh yeah I said it) and the game is chugging along nicely at an average of 70fps with far less slow down. It's still not perfect but at least I can enjoy this now! [emoji3]

I am SuboJvR on Xbox.

There's also Banjaxed and BradigorDET on Xbox need adding.

• Upvote 1

Had some great games last night at Lucio. I lost count of the amount of times I was killed by bastion though. I hate him.

Played a bit of the open beta and certainly something i'm looking to pick up.  maybe when the price drops a little.  Used to TF2 all the time but interest and waned over the years .  Hopefully Overwatch can be a nice replacement

6 hours ago, sdmilne said:

First game I've ever liked enough to double dip on and jesus christ do I feel more skilled on pc than on ps4.  I feel like i'm doing well to get 2 kills before I die on PS4 but on my first go with keyboard and mouse I went on a 15 kill streak.  First time I'd used that control method in YEARS as well!

this.

they really have created a superb game

Yeah this and Doom have really reignited my love for Mouse and Keyboard FPS controls!

Not going to be able to play this for a week after tonight.. Think I may need some support to get me through. :( 

Had a great set of games last night with Lyrical Donut, Mr Ben, spatular et al. First time with a full team on comms and the difference it makes is huge. I love the way Blizzard uses AI dialogue to alert you to certain threats but 'turret spotted' is no substitute for 'there's a turret on the roof above the objective...ok, got the turret...dwarf's down, let's push'. 

Had another guilty game with Torbjorg too, on defence on the wild west map. Just plonked a turret at the top of the slope near the entrance and fired down the tunnel, 30 kills and didn't die until about 30 seconds before the end. Only downsides were forgetting to use his Wizard Of Oz heel-click emote that I'd got from a loot box earlier, and the unshakeable sense of shame from getting so much reward from such a tiny amount of work.

Best game.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, VN1X said:

Add me please - JDubYes on PSN.

Incidentally, I'm loving that this game is being played by so many people at the moment - at one point last night we had a full team of six, then another two in the party waiting to join. (In reality this was both nice to see and made me feel almost guilty, but still.)

11 hours ago, Meh said:

Reaper gets some unfair slack, I tell ya. His teleport is fucking LETHAL.

I'm think I'm genuinely still getting over the shock of seeing you use someone other than D.Va for consecutive games.

You're right though - he makes a lot more sense (and is a lot more interesting) when you realise he's a flanker rather than just a battering ram, and he's one of the better Torbjorn/Bastion counters if you can use that Teleport effectively. That kind of thing is part of what makes the game so good, despite the current relative lack of modes and maps - there are tactics in the picks and counter-picks, and you never mind switching character because they're pretty much all so much fun and so good.

It's just the best game. :D

2 hours ago, U-1 said:

Not going to be able to play this for a week after tonight.. Think I may need some support to get me through. :( 

I'm in a similar boat, I'm off on a stag do this weekend so won't be around until next Tues/Weds now.

Once I'm back, I'll be all over it on PSN.

I just like finding fun places high up to teleport to and drop down from with Reaper. He's a bit like being Batman and if he had a long range weapon, he'd be disgusting.

Carlospie taught me the secret art of getting a 25 kill streak with a certain dwarf and his turret on Route 66 without ever being in any danger. I captured it on video, it is disgusting to watch.

Will upload it this evening.

I'm enjoying this a lot less than I did the beta, for some reason.  I'm getting bored after a few minutes and can't really be arsed with it :(

Glad you're all having fun with it though!

You dirty bastard deef. I don't want anything to do with you if you're exploiting spots to accrue ridiculous kill streaks*

*I totally do really.

It's weird, but some other forums (and some reviews) seem particularly up in arms over the microtransactions in this game.

I'm normally the first to complain about bullshit microtransactions, but this is a game that's doing them right. All the buyable stuff is pure fluff with zero effect on gameplay. They've been very clear that stuff that actually matters like new modes, heroes and maps will be free updates (and Blizzard have a really good track record for updates).

Compare and contrast with, let's say, an EA release like Battlefield or Battlefront. There they sell the game, then they sell a 'season pass' that costs as much as the game again if you want new maps/modes. Then on top of that they sell loot boxes that actually contain items that can effect gameplay (like scopes and other attachments). Not to mention boosters and stuff.

This is a rare game where everything that actually matters is unlocked from the start. The special edition just comes with stuff like a statue and book (like the old days), no exclusive maps or access to content a month before the rest of plebes.

Like I say, strange this seems to be the game that's making people angry about that aspect.

• Upvote 6

They have to be upset about something to generate traffic.

This game is perfect in the sense that you can play for hours and hours and hours, or you can pop on for one game and then go do something else without ever feeling like you're falling behind, or not making enough progress, and that's largely due to the fact everything is available up front. 

9 hours ago, VN1X said:

Add me please to the PS4 crew - theallsop

Hugely looking forward to getting some Muk games in over the weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Harsin said:

It's weird, but some other forums (and some reviews) seem particularly up in arms over the microtransactions in this game.

I'm normally the first to complain about bullshit microtransactions, but this is a game that's doing them right. All the buyable stuff is pure fluff with zero effect on gameplay. They've been very clear that stuff that actually matters like new modes, heroes and maps will be free updates (and Blizzard have a really good track record for updates).

Compare and contrast with, let's say, an EA release like Battlefield or Battlefront. There they sell the game, then they sell a 'season pass' that costs as much as the game again if you want new maps/modes. Then on top of that they sell loot boxes that actually contain items that can effect gameplay (like scopes and other attachments). Not to mention boosters and stuff.

This is a rare game where everything that actually matters is unlocked from the start. The special edition just comes with stuff like a statue and book (like the old days), no exclusive maps or access to content a month before the rest of plebes.

Like I say, strange this seems to be the game that's making people angry about that aspect.

I'm genuinely baffled at how anyone can complain about microtransactions in this. You're spot on with everything you say. What is their issue? 

As Junkrat, I pull a Rip-Tire that takes out 3 of the opposing team, followed up with a lobbed grenade that takes out a 4th. And I am finally going to get a POTG! 

"Nope, think again", says Blizzard. The opposing team's D.Va self-destruct that took out 2 of us gets chosen, instead. Thus adding to my growing suspicion that POTG will basically be any multi-kill that includes me. Now, I understand that this may simply be because I die a lot, but I'm getting pretty damn paranoid about it now!

EDIT: Obviously, Overwatch reads forums. And waits for me to moan about not getting POTG, thus awarding me one in my very next game. For 'Lifesaver' with Zarya, no less! On Route 66, where I was actually about to pick Torbjorn to turret spam a huge kill-streak following the hints in this very thread...

Edited by CheekyLee
Additional info