rllmuk
tobert

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

Zarya, feels good man. Too bad many of her alternative costumes look rubbish.

10 minutes ago, Loki said:

To be fair, VN1X mentioned some issues. No one else seems to be having them.

This is the place to discuss that stuff whether you like it or not, just in case more people are having the same issue and find a fix.

VN1X's post wasn't the issue - it was the "wwwwell I'm glad I don't do this thing that I was never going to do neeerrrr"  that followed it- nobody gives a fuck mate. It is an online only game entirely reliant on servers so speaking about tech issues is viable whatever the platform, but it only takes one idiot to turn it into a platform debate based on absolutely fucking nothing. And as Harsin implied, it doesn't need to happen again after the countless times it has gone in circles and just causes the same old tired detour. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Uzi said:

VN1X's post wasn't the issue - it was the "wwwwell I'm glad I don't do this thing that I was never going to do neeerrrr"  that followed it- nobody gives a fuck mate. It is an online only game entirely reliant on servers so speaking about tech issues is viable whatever the platform, but it only takes one idiot to turn it into a platform debate based on absolutely fucking nothing. And as Harsin implied, it doesn't need to happen again after the countless times it has gone in circles and just causes the same old tired detour. 

Ah right yeah, I'd totally missed the other posts after mine about the Genji streak / Winston skin.

Either way, I wanna go home and play more Overwatch. Which is a pretty good sign considering the Dota 2 Compendium is out...

This is splendid. Makes me excited to play just like counter strike did when I was wee. It looks so lovely. Great variety in the heroes I like mercy best atm 

PS4 people, how long did this take to install from disc? Any mammoth updates to be aware of?

Yeah the patch is like 11GB. Though weirdly I paused it and unpaused it after it slowed to a crawl and suddenly it was only 3GB. Not sure what's going on there.

Had a few games this morning - I stayed up last night but the servers were down so went to bed after ten minutes of trying. It's just so good. Still most comfortable with Mercy but going to move around the cast a bit today and see who I get on with.

11 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

PS4 people, how long did this take to install from disc? Any mammoth updates to be aware of?

I'll be in the same boat, my PS4 copy has just arrived but I'll have a patch download (I assume) and installation when I get home from work tonight.

Go to have a game, PSN down for maintenance :doh:

Back to Warhammer then I suppose ;)

Just taken receipt of the collectors edition. Its a thing of beauty! Everything has been put together with such a high level of detail and care. Now if only that 11GB patch woudl download...

3 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Yeah the patch is like 11GB. Though weirdly I paused it and unpaused it after it slowed to a crawl and suddenly it was only 3GB. Not sure what's going on there.

Had a few games this morning - I stayed up last night but the servers were down so went to bed after ten minutes of trying. It's just so good. Still most comfortable with Mercy but going to move around the cast a bit today and see who I get on with.

I buggered off and played Rocket League instead, then heard that the servers came up about half an hour later than expected, so did manage a few games after all.

Continued my normal policy of trying to switch around the cast depending on the makeup of my team, and ended up playing a bunch of random characters I'd little or no experience with (with some success, surprisingly). My second attempt at Torgbjorn went a lot better than the first, for example, since Scruff actually told me how to upgrade the turrets the last time we played! Also played a bit with D.Va, which was really good (not least because I'm less experienced in general with the tanks, so it's nice to find one I liked and could use a bit), but I still need to work out how best to use her Ultimate, as I've used it exactly once before, and as it didn't act as I'd expected it ended up being a total waste.

It's so, so good though. I'd almost started to worry I'd over-hyped it in my own head, but as soon as I was playing again last night I was just loving it again. Can't wait to get stuck in again tonight, and I'm already thinking that between this and needing to practice for/play in the Rocket League rllmuk tournament tomorrow Uncharted 4 is going to have to pretty much wait until the weekend to get another look in.

Oh, and can I be added to the PS4 list in the first post as well please - JDubYes.

3 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

I'm having no issues with the PC version apart from being massively out of practise with K&M and being in my forties with the reactions of a pensioner it seems.

:lol: Oh this but it soon seeps back, sort of. Had a couple of rounds only yesterday as just got back from the birth of my lovely little daughter (w00h00!) but really enjoyed what my aged brain played. Played soldier bloke to start with and was useless (my first ever game), switched to the cowboy next and had a ball. Can really see the fun in this and so many strategies. Looks beautiful and sounds amazing. Oh and just for Harsin, PC for me and runs like a dream. :P 

Anyone worked out the friends thing or is it just me? It doesn't differentiate by region does it ?

• Upvote 5

It does seem a bit harsh to judge a game as unplayable based on the first hour of the servers going live, especially a Blizzard game where countless nerds have stayed up late to play the second it goes live :)

• Upvote 1

This is really fun, I imagine once everyone has learnt the maps and characters it'll be less so but I'm enjoying the speed and carnage even though I am pretty bad.
Turret man is my go to, reckon I'll end up in a support role 99% of matches.
I hope they add in a few more Blizzard staples, daily quests, chat channels and the like.

• Upvote 1

Strange. Arcade seems to not count towards games played, or even characters used in your play history thing.

Genji in Arcade is pretty cool as you can reflect so much due to the really low cooldown. Its a bit weird going back to the normal game mode afterwards.

Had a look at the trophies last night, and I dont think I'll ever get a lot of them as I'm rubbish with so many of the characters.

Damn! So much fun... little tip for the bloody randoms though. When I am trying to heal you, whilst you are low on health. Don't just go steaming back into the heat of the battle. 

• Upvote 2

This evening I am on like Donkey Kong, rocking Zarya placing bubbles on myself and others, ready for al sorts of party fun.

6 hours ago, df0 said:

Zarya, feels good man. Too bad many of her alternative costumes look rubbish.

what are you playing this on Kansa?