Jump to content

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode


Recommended Posts

New patch on the test realm - McCrees roll goes an extra half metre, can be trigger midair, and his flashbang stun increased by .1 second. This is good. The increased shhoting time meany a full fan the hammer couldn't be gotten off but now can, and the extra mobility is welcome too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ooh, looks like some other stuff I missed.

 

Roadhog's hook now also pulls an extra .5 metres closer, so 3 arther than 3.5 metres, to apparently make up for the change to shotgun spread. This could effect the old 'hook and pull of a platform' trick.

 

Baptitse's ult charge is increased 10%, which makes me happy as his ult usage is one of the achievments I haven't got yet.

 

Ashe's dynamite blast damage has been nerfed from 75 to 50. The burm amount remains the same.

 

And Orisa's fusion driver bullet speed has been increased, which will make it easier to hit stuff. She's still shit, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

New patch on the test realm - basically removing Soldier's fire spread. Instead all his bullets his on the reticule, but the recoil remains. If it goes thought this will really benefit anyone with decent mechanical skills and basically remove Pharah as a viable pick against a any halfway decent Soldier.

 

Personally I don't think it's necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2020 at 17:48, Mikes said:

New patch on the test realm - basically removing Soldier's fire spread. Instead all his bullets his on the reticule, but the recoil remains. If it goes thought this will really benefit anyone with decent mechanical skills and basically remove Pharah as a viable pick against a any halfway decent Soldier.

 

Personally I don't think it's necessary.

 

This went through with a few changes. Now the recoil will only kick in after the first three or four shots, so if you get a handful of 100% accurate shots. Also the shot damage has been reduced from 20 to 19, but the clip size has increased from 25 to 30. Overall a big buff.

 

Also the Halloween event starts today. Some nice skins in there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2020 at 08:00, Strafe said:

I don’t really play him but I do not like Soldier’s recoil. Was there ever any recoil or was that added reasonably recently?

 

Literally added two days ago. Before that he had spread, where every bullet after the first three would hit further away from the reticule.

 

I've gotten some reps in with the new soldier now and have some thoughts. Overall, it's a step back IMO.

 

For the pros, he's much better at range and taking out the squishie. EG Ana, who would be sitting at the back with a small hit box, is now easier to take down. Likewaise Pharah is much easier to counter.

 

But for the cons, he's now worse against the tanks and shields thanks tot he bullet damage nerf, and much easier to counter by getting in his face, as it's harder to hit close up, moving targets.

 

The change puts him contention with Ash and Widow. Before he was a flexible character who could pressure shields and work much better against tanks, but still had the chops to pressure Pharah and backline support. Now though he does the latter a bit better, but worse than Ash Widow and even McCree. And his ult got much worse. Each bullt hitt but doing less dmg is noticeable, and I was killing one to two fewer targets per ult with and ult that was already in contention for the worse in the game.

 

Not sure how to fix him from here. Just upping his damage back up one would certinaly help though. 

 

On the other hand, his nerf against shields just gave Sym a buff as it's now her and Junk who burn shields best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2020 at 00:17, Mikes said:

 

Literally added two days ago. Before that he had spread, where every bullet after the first three would hit further away from the reticule.

 

I've gotten some reps in with the new soldier now and have some thoughts. Overall, it's a step back IMO.

 

For the pros, he's much better at range and taking out the squishie. EG Ana, who would be sitting at the back with a small hit box, is now easier to take down. Likewaise Pharah is much easier to counter.

 

But for the cons, he's now worse against the tanks and shields thanks tot he bullet damage nerf, and much easier to counter by getting in his face, as it's harder to hit close up, moving targets.

 

The change puts him contention with Ash and Widow. Before he was a flexible character who could pressure shields and work much better against tanks, but still had the chops to pressure Pharah and backline support. Now though he does the latter a bit better, but worse than Ash Widow and even McCree. And his ult got much worse. Each bullt hitt but doing less dmg is noticeable, and I was killing one to two fewer targets per ult with and ult that was already in contention for the worse in the game.

 

Not sure how to fix him from here. Just upping his damage back up one would certinaly help though. 

 

On the other hand, his nerf against shields just gave Sym a buff as it's now her and Junk who burn shields best.


Superb evaluation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of canges on the test realm:

 

 

Bap is my favourite healer, so not liking the idea of his lweered healing shot rate, but the amp matrix size could make it actually useful.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I have three copies of Overwatch: one for PC, which was the original, one for PS4 which I put most time into and one for Xbox I've hardly touched. Regardless, I've not played any version for well over a year. Now that I've got my snazzy new PC set up I thought I'd give it another go and it's still as snappy and fun and infuriating as ever. Apparently Brigette is a support now? Wasn't she a tank before? How have they changed her? She's my favourite by far.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New largish patch on the test realm, which is surprising as I thought this would be it until OW 2.

 

These are:

 

  • Mei can now cancel her ice wall while dead
  • Ditto Sym with her teleport station
  • Ditto Torb's turret
  • Ana's bionade will no longer impact full health friendlies and will instead pass through them
  • Hanzo can cancel his storm arrow manually
  • Pharah can now accelerate down by crouching
  • Brig's health reverted from 175 back to 150

 

The Mei, Sym, Torb and Hanzo ones are neither here nor there IMO. A few places where they'll be useful, so so few and far between to be insiginifcant.

The Pharah and Ana changes are huuuuge buffs. Esp Ana. I'm dissapointed by the Brig change, though. This is a change that's only going to impact the upper ranks in that up there she's doing really well, but down with the rest of us plebs she's only good in good hands, which is where she should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

 Apparently Brigette is a support now? Wasn't she a tank before? How have they changed her? She's my favourite by far.

 

 

 

She was always classed as support, but it sounds like when you were playing was pre initial nerf when she was godlike and her personal healing was such that she was lmost a tank.

 

Since then they've really gone to work on her armour, health, sheild health, ult and healing. She's a pale imitation of what she once was. And as per my post above, they've just given her an extra 25 health, which was great, and are now taking away, which is bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gutted cross platform play isn't a thing, then I could play with my kids at the same time.  More cross platform accessibliilty is apparently a thing for OW2, which everyone's expecting to appear early 2021, so mabe the skins and unlocks will be included there.

The thing with Brig as she stands is she's pretty balanced in that she's good if you're good at her, which is how it should. I'm pretty good with Moira, but played on a game this morning where I just couldn't out-heal the Brig on the team. It does very much down to team make up. You need a brawly team so you can get stuck in and keep your inspire going, so if your tanks are Hammond and Orisa backed up with a Widow and Hanzo you might struggle. She pairs really nice with a Hog or Rein. Also she has a stun, which is gold at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cross play would put console players at a massive disadvantage over the keyboard and mouse PC crowd. I do believe console players have (more) auto-aim on de default but still, we'd struggle hard.

 

Maybe something that can be put behind a special category, like Cross Play Competitive of whatever so players know what they get themselves into.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this sounds interesting. Potential new change in the works to give priority pass tokens that will put you in a faster queue for roles with long wait time s (IE,damage). You get these by joining a flex queue that will match you with games that need a roles at the time, with winning giving you more tokens. ATM they have the ability to bank 40 tokens at a time - which is stressed could change.  

 

I like how this sounds.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

New patch on the test realm.

 

Bap is getting something of a nerf. Immortality Field health dropped from 200 to 150. Probably a good move.  And ultimate charge increased by 15%. Also rpobably a good move given it's new usefuless.

 

DVA having her health/shield range changed from 200/400 to 300/300, which will make her a bit more survivable.

 

And the big one, oh my yes: Rein get's an extra 50 armour and his hammer swing damage goes from 75 to 85. This is great. He's a punching bag at the moment with the shield nerfs, this will make him much more relevent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.