Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

Mahoosive nerf on the way for Brig's healing in exhcnge for a bit more self sustain.

Big nerf to Sigma's shield and absorption, but he probably needed it.

Big boost to Road hog's damage capability (looking forward to this one).

Boost for Pharah's mobility (also looking forward to this one).

Boost to Sym's damage capability too (this will be fun).

And Oris's Halt nerfed to the point they may as well just take it out of the game.

Sym is lethal as it is in the right hands (I have the right hands) and Pharah is also lethal in the right hands (I have the wrong hands).

Let’s see. This is just an experimental card, right? Nothing confirmed yet 

yeah, just for the test server. I could see the Sym and Pharah changes changes going through. Sym is just so much of a glass cannon, she goes down so easily. Giving her a bit more punch allows her to potentially stay up longer.  And Pharah is one of the most easily countered heroes. Giving her more mobility will be huge.

Just picked up Overwatch for the Xbox in the sale, loving it so far. Have stuck to Arcade/Classic and damage for the first few matches. 

Does anyone play on Xbox? Is a headset recommended? 

I can't speak for Xbox, but OW is very much a team game and benefits from communication. Competitive matches, when you get there, almost require it to win.

Well the nerf to Sigma and Orisa will definitely help with that. Or at least Sigma, anyway. And to be fair he did need it. Sigma just wrecks face with minimal support. Although I see me taking Orisa less without Halt shenanigans.  The effect will be a slight side nerf for Sym though as well, given her spot as the best shield breaker in the game (IMO).

Thing is I think Overwatch is the first FPS that's enabled melee combat right and made it fun. Seeing Brig get the nerf bat this way feels like a step int he wrog direction. I think they could have sorted some the issues with her  by reducing her healing a little less and also reducing her damage a little too.

Changes to the Moira rework, and they all look terrible.

The change to damage orb can't be seen as anything other than a straight nerf to an already low level damage ability, and stopping fade getting you out of grav and flux to be able to heal you team as you can do now sounds much more useful than being stuck in those ults and trying to fade shift you team out. Baptiste already has a save like that, we don't need another.

Moira's my go to character out of all of them and none of these changes  would improve her ability to heal or make her more fun.

On 14/08/2020 at 13:14, Mikes said:

Not a fan of the hog changes. The shooting speed now is painful.

Complete about turn on this. I love it, it just took getting use to the new timings.

More changes on the test realm, including yet another set of changes to Moira.

Shorter version:

• Beam weapon damage to armour reduced by a further 10%.
  •  
  • Ana ammo reduced from 14 to 12. Which is used to be a while back for anyone keeping track.
  •  
  • Ash's ammo reduced from 15 to 12, aiming down sights damage reduced from 85 to 80.
  •  
  • Baptiste healing ammo reduced from 12 to 10, regen burst healing reduced from 150 to 75 but duobles self healing.
  •  
  • Junkrat impact damage reduced from 50 to 40.
  •  
  • McRee relaod time increased eeeeevr so slightly.
  •  
  • Moira's healing spray lingering effect reduced from 4 to 2 seconds with a total healing reduction of 65 to 35. Healing per secin increased from 65 to 70., but hleaing resource usage rate increased 27%, however her damage beam increases healing resource by 50%.
  •  
  • Sy'ms secondary fire max damage reduced from 140 to 120.
  •  
  • Widow's ammo reduced from 35 to 30 and her soped ammo usage increased from 3 to 5 and scoepd damage has a 50% fall off from 60-85 metres.

It seems this is a test to reducing a lot fo overall damage and healing. It is just a test so they could just be seeing what ahppens when they do this, but if all these changes went through I think we'd see much slower games with characters not dying as much. 

Addressing some specific changes, I don't thinkt he Ana change does much. a slight drop in HPS, but the baptiiste change is fairly impactful. Although I do understand the change to healing burst. It should be used mostly as a self heal rather than a last minute save button for you team when you already have immortality field.

I really like the look of the Moira changes. It really ups the healing potential for people who know how to manage to her resources, and I do, so nyah.

The Widow nerf seems overaly harsh though. A well played WIdow has the potnetial to shut down whole sections of a map, but that's a well played widow and they're one ina  thousand, and they also easy to counter, so I don't know if this is necessary.

7 hours ago, Mikes said:
  • Widow's ammo reduced from 35 to 30 and her soped ammo usage increased from 3 to 5 and scoepd damage has a 50% fall off from 60-85 metres.

My bad, I got this wrong, her ammo capacity is going UP from 30 to 35, but the increase in ammo per shot means she's still hotting two shots less per full clip scoped in.

Te range drop off though is a loooooong way. I've been watching some videos and basically there're only a few maps or sections of maps that this is going to be noticed in.

27 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I played as Orisa on Ilios Well last night.

My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined. 

Yeah I haven't played orisa since that change went through for this reason, but in the change realm today there was another change I missued, which was the range is being increased a little. It was originally a 7 metre range, it went down to 4, it's going up to five, which will make it a little better, but still crap.

On 19/08/2020 at 01:50, Mikes said:

Changes to the Moira rework, and they all look terrible.

The change to damage orb can't be seen as anything other than a straight nerf to an already low level damage ability, and stopping fade getting you out of grav and flux to be able to heal you team as you can do now sounds much more useful than being stuck in those ults and trying to fade shift you team out. Baptiste already has a save like that, we don't need another.

Moira's my go to character out of all of them and none of these changes  would improve her ability to heal or make her more fun.

I missed this previously. Moira's my fav character. If they continue to nerf her I'm out.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I missed this previously. Moira's my fav character. If they continue to nerf her I'm out.

All these changes (bar the narrowed cone of attachement on her biotic graps) are out. And ditto, she's by go to and these changes would have killed her for me.

BUt the changes I posted above are acurrently what's on the change realm and I reckon they;kk go through It's an understandable and decent change, IMO. It adds more skill on her resource management.

Not sure if the fade changes are still in though.

Moira’s been my main since she became available, love playing her. Her style ticks all the right boxes for me.
Been fooling around with Baptiste, liking him a lot as well. Big fan of his drone, a well time and placed one can drastically reduce the impact of most opponent’s Ults.

15 hours ago, df0 said:

Moira’s been my main since she became available, love playing her. Her style ticks all the right boxes for me.
Been fooling around with Baptiste, liking him a lot as well. Big fan of his drone, a well time and placed one can drastically reduce the impact of most opponent’s Ults.

Bap is my second choice healer also. His splash healing makes him more effective then Ana IMO, and his jump and regen burst makes him more survivable to dives.

12 hours ago, Meh said:

Yay another Symmetra nerf. <_<

Being fair, it's a damage nerf all around rather than a Sym nerf. Mcree, Phara, Junk, Ana and Widow all had their DPS hit in this test patch. If all these changes go through I could see Sombra being more prevelent on the field as hacked packs become more important and her own DPS becomes more on par.

23 hours ago, Mikes said:

All these changes (bar the narrowed cone of attachement on her biotic graps) are out. And ditto, she's by go to and these changes would have killed her for me.

BUt the changes I posted above are acurrently what's on the change realm and I reckon they;kk go through It's an understandable and decent change, IMO. It adds more skill on her resource management.

Not sure if the fade changes are still in though.

Thanks, that's (mostly) a relief! Blizzard can leave fade alone as well - escaping ults and then healing the team up is great as it stands - like you say, another Baptiste-style "team save" is not required.

Agreed. I think they have let the fade changes go. And given the other changes to Ana and Bap, I think Moira's viability is about to get a proxy boost given her healing really isn't changing.

On another note, I'm trying to get all the character achievements before OW2 drops (whenever that may be) so had to learn Wrecking Ball, and oh my god he's so much fun to play. I'm getting serious being a dick vibes, similar to how I felt when playing Mei at launch.

Enemy "We are behing our shields, non can get us!"

Hammon: "lol, nope."

A round up of what the above changes feel like on the test server:

Short version - tanks are actually tanks again and the overall damage nerf means people stay on their feet for longer.

Fewer one shot kills. Mush of the dmg character have been levelled out (Mcree being comparible to Torbs now, for EG), with some standouts such as Doom and Pharah being ahead of the curve.

Support characters have more impact now based on what they bring outside of healing. EG, Zen's damage potential has more of an impact, Lucio's speed buff and boops (because enviro kills are still one hit kills in essence).

Had a quick go on test server last night using Zen, someone I never use as I suck with the orbs, and came out gold, gold and silver dmg after three games. I have no prior experience to put that against so take it as you will.

Edit - and apparently since then the patch went through and all the changes fromt he test server with it.

Played the new patch pretty solidly now. The healing rate nerf on Ana and Bap is palpable. And while I have nothing to compare it to, I've been playing Zen and getting some solid numbers in and sometimes gold healing against a main healers.

The Moira rework doesn't seem to effect her overall healing. I'm still hitting around my average, but you have to play her much closer to the front line to keep her healing bar up and she's a lot more intensive to play now, but still fun. Perhaps more so.

One thing I have noticed are roadhogs being little bitches complaining the healing isn't coming as fast. Fat fucks should learn to read.

New patch on the experimental realm. Bug nerf to hog, reducing each pellet from 16 to 15, which was where it was before the last patch, but with the rwduced ammo capacity and increased recovery rate.

Not surprising. Since the patch hes been in almost every match. 

Torbs shot gun gets a huge buff, each pellet damage increased from 10.5 to 12.5, with a slightly increased releaod time. With the nerf to hit scans and the above hog nerf this could see him becoming more relevent for scrappy fights.

I agree. This move seems odd, especially as it's a straight up nerf rather than a re-adjustment to the previous values. But then again maybe with OW2 so close they're just changing stuff to see what happens.

They're going to have a whole new boat-load of balancing issues once the OW2 characters are out. It's going to be a bit of a nightmare once again.

I'm really, really hating the zarya/hog meta right now. DPS are particularly vulnerable since there's zero shields. I hated how bloated with barriers everything had become, but this is just the other end of the extreme now.

Review of the current meta now the balance patch has been in place for a while:

Interesting o see the Torb love. I'm not convinced, but maybe I just ahven't faced any good Torb players since.