rllmuk
tobert

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

I believe it’s a paid update for OW so should really be all of them. 

seagull is streaming it now on twitch. I have to agree with the chat on there that it actually looks really boring. 

I strongly suspect it’s going p v e  for money reasons 

Yeah, the story stuff doesn't interest me that much - I didn't even bother with the last event story mode. They aren't great. But still, I'll get it.

Just packing my bags for four nights away with work. 

Translation: just bought Overwatch for the third time, now downloading to Switch :omg: 

• Upvote 3

I... like... Brigitte.

She was introduced when I wasn’t paying any attention but I’ve seen lots of negative comments about her. To begin with I started switching to her in protest (ok, full on tilting) at team mates who weren't really worth healing.

Now I’m using her because it’s working and because...

source.gif

It’s been yonks since I played this.

WTF have they done to matchmaking. You can wait 2 minutes for a not very fun class or 10 minutes for the fun ones.

I kinda preferred the chaos there was before. I enjoyed switching to a healer to adjust to what the game being played at the time needed.

A new patch landed on Switch this morning. Aside from taking the Halloween event (and associated title screens) the visuals seem to have take a bump up a bit in resolution. More detail on your hero’s weapons, higher res characters on the victory screen and just generally sharper. Lovely.

Also, the orange orb load-in that you get mostly on skirmish seems to have been greatly reduced for me.

• Upvote 1

On 03/11/2019 at 10:58, Harrisown said:

It’s been yonks since I played this.

WTF have they done to matchmaking. You can wait 2 minutes for a not very fun class or 10 minutes for the fun ones.

I kinda preferred the chaos there was before. I enjoyed switching to a healer to adjust to what the game being played at the time needed.

Having said that I think it's makes for a more enjoyable game overall. Much more consistency with support at the very least. 

But I wish it took into account the fact I select all three classes but only really get to play support or Tank without having to restart it selecting assault only and waiting for ages. 

I’m having a stinker of a run on this over the past couple of nights. Can’t buy a win. 

Has Orisa been nerfed?  *scours patch notes hopefully*

No nerfs mentioned for Orisa.

I was reminded of the best and worst of competitive last night. One moment a team on attack refusing to move past the choke point on Eichenwalde despite multiple opportunities to do so and a Widowmaker spamming ‘thanks’ to get someone to rage quit so they can leave. Vietnam flashbacks.

The next match, a lockout on Volskaya defence in the first round and then someone in voice chat warning ‘let’s not make the same mistake they did and sit at the choke all game’. God bless. Dive initiated. Round over in a flash. Shot caller endorsement duly handed out.

It’s great/traumatising to be back.

Hmmm.... Then I feel sorry for boring the switch playerbase with my ramblings to my wife about why we do not need a tall stool to go near our kitchen worktops or when I will get round to putting up some new blinds.

• Upvote 1

Ah, I think I misunderstood what you were asking. They can’t hear you in voice chat unless you’re using a headset but you can hear them. That’s what I’ve been going by anyway. Most of what I say during a match is not particularly constructive...

• Upvote 1

115 hours in and I’ve just discovered that there are a whole host of maps I’ve never seen because I haven’t tried death match mode yet.

205 hours on Switch.

I might have to get it on Xbox or PS4 because competitive queues are too long.

I’d rather have it on my X as the visuals will be better and I have an elite controller but does anyone know what the player count is like? Would I be better off on PS4? Or are they pooled now?

Cheers!