Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

2 hours ago, sprite said:

It adds up fast when you consider what you get at the end of seasons.  I've got more gold weapons than I know what to do with now. :doh:

image.png.6535133c31b3f3f63544214f61336ccd.png

I got 200 points at the end for my damage. Going to start rinsing all roles now.

• 2 weeks later...

Doh, so it is.... I've been away from this game too long. Can't stop but did stop.

I just checked through the patch notes and saw she got one hell of a nerf to her healing. Because, you know, what Overwatch always needed was less incentive to play healers.

I also saw the big nerf to shields. Looks like I'll be spending more time on Sym too.

On 31/01/2020 at 08:36, geldra said:

Dunno if this is patch placebo effect but the Switch version of this seems to have had a bit of a resolution bump?

There have been a few improvements each patch, resolution has gone up (Well, optimised) since the first release. Every so often the scaler goes awry and it gets rather jaggy. There’s more work to be done but for the most part it runs locked 30fps and looks nice and clean.

The only real issue I have with the Switch version is the inconsistency of the gyro controls. Maybe I haven’t configured them correctly but it’s still nowhere near as good as in Paladins which in turn is a level below Splatoon. When it works, it makes it the best console version of the game to control. When it doesn’t, which is often, I have to spray and pray.

All said and done, I think my accuracy might be statistically worse than it was on PS4 which shouldn’t be the case even with the loss of 30fps.

Oh, that and the game froze on me during a competitive match earlier. I was able to rejoin and my team still won but I noticed my endorsement level dropped for the first time despite someone endorsing me at the end. Rude.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2020 at 08:09, DC Lemon said:

Everybody gangsta until they take Reinhardt, Sigma, Orisa and Bastion out of the hero pool at the same time.

I like the sound fo this. Forcing everyone to flex. Or, more to the point, taking away Widow is going to make some maps actually fun on the higherskill matches.

Some of the infamous toxic behaviour seems to have leaked onto Switch games now.

Competitive, Temple of Anubis, Some French lad, backed up by his friends, bellowing down the mic that I needed to swap from Ashe. Firstly - not that it mattered a huge amount - he didn’t even say who he thought I should swap to but more importantly he wanted to play as Ashe himself, despite being locked into Support Class for the game.

It was with a mild amount of conflicted delight that I watched him and the 3 guys he was partied up with who had positioned themselves on the ledge bit defending the choke point at the first control area totally miss the entire enemy team simply head left down the little tunnel and flank them into dust. Especially when that bit turned up in play of the game. We lost 4/3. I was on fire twice and picked up gold medal for damage done.

As the results came in he still levied blame on me for not letting him play as Ashe. Less bothered about picking up a mic now.

Yes, him being French didn’t matter but I don’t have any other descriptions of him.

8 hours ago, Mikes said:

I like the sound fo this. Forcing everyone to flex. Or, more to the point, taking away Widow is going to make some maps actually fun on the higherskill matches.

I’m not too bothered about the hero ban thing but I’ll generally respect high skill Widowmakers and their less common relatives, high skilled Hanzo’s. Chiefly because I am neither of those.

Hero pool sounds good to me, I still pop in for the odd game of Overwatch.

I have been catching up on some of the new Overwatch League games. I don't like the new Homestand format as much as a viewer, but they do cut out a lot of the crap and get right into the action. However the games I've seen have been very entertaining. The new meta and 2,2,2 is so fun compared to last season. There are Mcrees popping off, Reinhardt is back, there's some Widowmaker, Ana and even some dive heroes like genji and trader back in the mix. I recommend checking out the NYXL and San Fransico Shock games on YouTube, the new home for Overwatch League. The games actually exciting to watch for the most part, something which had been sorely lacking at times in last season's GOATs Meta. There is still some Orisa, Mei and Reaper but fortunately a lot of other stuff is being played too. Once hero pool comes to OWL it will be even better I think.

12 hours ago, Strafe said:

I’m not too bothered about the hero ban thing but I’ll generally respect high skill Widowmakers and their less common relatives, high skilled Hanzo’s. Chiefly because I am neither of those.

Any high-skill DPS is a paint to deal with, but a Widow in the right hands can shut down entire portions of the map.

I have total respect for the skill those players have, but I really don't want o have a game basically go to "GG" when it's made clear there are insta-death zones.

Just had a game of competitive, capture point on temple of Anubis.

The first two rounds ended up in 2-2 tie.

The third round, we attacked, we got both capture points. The fourth round they only got one before the time ran out but the match still ended in a draw. What sort of conditions would cause this?