IGNORED

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

tobert

Finally had a decent go with sigma last night Damn that's a lot of moving parts to keep an eye on. Really effective though, really high damage, and the ability to move the shield so quickly really screws up the opposition. If I could only get a handle on using his ult though...

• 3 weeks later...

Shopto codes are available now from their clunky menu.

There’s 3 codes (for me, anyway), the first being the actual game, the second being god knows what as it’s about 4 digits too long and the third, which I presume is the 3 months of online that gives you an error message saying the product the code refers to isn’t available yet.

Servers go live at 7pm BST tomorrow, the e shop download message said.

I've been obsessed with Overwatch since forever and was considering a portable version, but after their banning someone from Hearthstone tourneys and taking their money away for standing up for democracy, Blizzard can get to fuck. Boycott that shit.

They reduced the ban and gave the prize money back but yeah. I thought the harshest part of it was banning the two coasters who had nothing to do with it.

That said, I paid for Overwatch before this happened so I don’t have that moral quandary to deal with just yet.

Not played in ages and ages. Went in on Switch as Mercy. 

It’s like we were never apart. 

Also, the gyro aiming is damned good. I never got on with it in Splatoon 2, but it works brilliantly here, working alongside the Right stick. 

16 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Every time I boot the game up I get a ‘sharing of Nintendo account information’ email when it connects to blizzard battle net.

Anyone else getting these?

I’ve booted it up twice and yes.

Just the one Halloween skin so far. Sombra. Bloody Sombra. I’m taking a wild guess that she hasn’t become relevant in the last two years.

No buyer’s remorse just yet, it had to be done for the gyro experience alone, but there are numerous ways in which I believe Paladins is objectively better than Overwatch now. The one I was instantly reminded of last night was when my team stood at the first choke point for the entire round while attacking on Hanamura. You could put it down to new players but it was ever thus back in the day.

Paladins has a flank class and no choke points as bad as that. I have not missed Hanamura.

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

No buyer’s remorse just yet, it had to be done for the gyro experience alone, but there are numerous ways in which I believe Paladins is objectively better than Overwatch now. The one I was instantly reminded of last night was when my team stood at the first choke point for the entire round while attacking on Hanamura. You could put it down to new players but it was ever thus back in the day.

Paladins has a flank class and no choke points as bad as that. I have not missed Hanamura.

I put a lot of hours into Switch Paladins and had convinced myself it was just as good (having picked it up on switch launch and not having played overwatch for some time). I don't think it is really. The flank class doesn't really differentiate itself from assault to my mind and despite the 60fps it is still rather bland looking. OW has bags more character and better heroes to use.

Plus most of the players on overwatch are new and I'm racking up kills like I do in my dreams. For now.

You are quite correct that Fortnite has dented the popularity of OW. But then it's sucked away players from absolutely everything multiplayer since it's release so it's no surprise to find OW on that casualty list. Your statement suggested Fortnite overshadowed the launch of OW and that's obviously not true.

7 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

I'll never understand the hate for Hanamura's choke. It's a tough one, but there's nothing wrong with that.