tobert

Overwatch - Busan map live

Hammond definitely seems like he would be really good at disruption/dive kinda stuff. The shield is nuts.

However what I mainly do is throw myself into walls or off maps, so...yeah.

On 01/08/2018 at 22:00, palaver said:

Hammond definitely seems like he would be really good at disruption/dive kinda stuff. The shield is nuts.

However what I mainly do is throw myself into walls or off maps, so...yeah.

Rialto is the best for this, the amount of Hammonds that I see at the start immediately swinging into the canals - plop! :lol:

I've worked myself up to level 59 over the last few months on my sib's PS4. I'm not into online games at all ever since the community of Halo 2 crushed my expectations. ;) But I gave this a go at my sister's recommendation, and it's really fun. Depending on the random teams I can either do really well (17-player kill streak yesterday!) or really badly, and the teamwork aspect really appeals to me. I don't mean headsets-on, okay-guys-you-take-point, but just using the in-game actions, emotes and speech phrases to communicate. Not just for tactics either, but just daft little things; without saying a word, a player started swinging in circles as Wrecking Ball and we started jumping over like a skipping rope. :lol: And a D.va and Junkrat having an impromptu dance contest that ended with D.Va going, "...Nice try." :lol: Incredibly endearing.

Of course, I have made no attempt to get into the whole fandom as a whole. I haven't even been to the official site, and I'm informed that that's a good thing. ;)

Here's a question though: I fancy playing it on my PC, but I'm not keen on using keyboard and mouse. If I use my Xbone controller, am I going to get destroyed in every game? I'm mainly on quick play and team deathmatch, I'm almost never on competitive.

I play on PS4, but have tried the PC version at one of the Belong's in Game.  I failed pretty miserably for a while and then asked if I could switch to a pad.  The really helpful assistant suggested we go along to their team nights, but I batted him away after seeing just how terrible my mouse and keyboard skills were.

Then he said that their best player uses a pad and, despite getting ripped by other teams for not using M&K, they quickly had to back down as she was getting all the kills.  Could be a load of sales twaddle, an outlier or they could all just be awful; but I think you'll be ok.  It's only really the snipers, Tracer and Genji that would allow a much higher skill cap on PC I reckon/what I hear from friends.

On 04/08/2018 at 23:21, RJ Badman said:

I've worked myself up to level 59 over the last few months on my sib's PS4. I'm not into online games at all ever since the community of Halo 2 crushed my expectations. ;) But I gave this a go at my sister's recommendation, and it's really fun. Depending on the random teams I can either do really well (17-player kill streak yesterday!) or really badly, and the teamwork aspect really appeals to me. I don't mean headsets-on, okay-guys-you-take-point, but just using the in-game actions, emotes and speech phrases to communicate. Not just for tactics either, but just daft little things; without saying a word, a player started swinging in circles as Wrecking Ball and we started jumping over like a skipping rope. :lol: And a D.va and Junkrat having an impromptu dance contest that ended with D.Va going, "...Nice try." :lol: Incredibly endearing.

Of course, I have made no attempt to get into the whole fandom as a whole. I haven't even been to the official site, and I'm informed that that's a good thing. ;)

Here's a question though: I fancy playing it on my PC, but I'm not keen on using keyboard and mouse. If I use my Xbone controller, am I going to get destroyed in every game? I'm mainly on quick play and team deathmatch, I'm almost never on competitive.

I played on pc with a pad, it was fine 

If you're aiming to 'git gud' at the game, you simply won't with a pad. If Quick Play's your thing, then fuck it, knock yourself out.

And play Symmetra.

Yeah I quite like this design approach and enjoyed my time on Busan. I found it makes the teams clump up more and makes for better team fights. Often you aren't fighting on the point but at some strategic point around it. Also, they finally fixed it so if Brigitte shield bashes Reinhardt when he's charging at her, they'll both get stunned instead of Rein getting screwed.