tobert

Overwatch - Busan map live

So Wrecking Ball aka Hammond is a lot of fun. You're zooming around and swinging hither and thither, bashing into people and doing hit and run attacks. You don't do too much damage so he's more of a disruption/dive hero than a killing machine. He plays a lot like Winston, you smash into the enemy team or deny an area you're swinging around in. You take loads of damage as you're so big so you pop shields and then use that to run away and get healed up. Hammond needs healers really badly but fortunately they seem to be in good supply these days. Lots of Ana and Mercy on console at the moment.

Hammond gets wrecked by heroes like Hanzo, Mcree and especially Sombra. Unless you have good support you might as well switch off. Hes also difficult to control, and on console I've had a lot of problems replicating the kinds of moves you see Pc players doing. Minefield is great, especially if you pop it in the middle of a fight in a tight space, it wrecks.

Mcree and Soldier are good again with that latest patch as falloff damage has been increased. So right now the meta is in a pretty good spot where you're seeing all kinds of heroes which counter each other. Having a blast with the game right now.

• Upvote 1

Not port-begging but after playing Paladins, it’s a real shame Overwatch isn’t coming to Switch.

It would suit the system perfectly, even if they had to cut to 30fps. Blizzard wouldn’t necessarily need to keep parity between it and the full-fat PC & console versions.

As with Minecraft there’s scope for Nintendo-themed skins like Samus suit for Pharah, DK tie for Winston etc.

• Empathy 1

30fps and dual sticks would be a no from me. I wouldn’t even bother trying to hit a Genji with that combo. 60fps and gyro controls would be a yes, but I don’t see Blizzard ever agreeing to compromise the visuals to that extent.

I agree that 60fps minimum is essential for Overwatch - but... I think they could chip away at the graphics a fair bit and still have it looking reasonably faithful. The style of the game means that even at the lowest settings, it still looks great for the most part. Gyro controls would be absolutely fantastic for Widow.

I get you’d prefer 60fps. Everyone would.

But Fortnite plays well at 30fps, and it would be a level playing-field. I don’t get what’s so special about OW it needs a high frame rate.

There's a lot going on, which never looks good at 30. It would still be playable, but Blizzard made it 60fps on console for a reason. Input lag at 30fps would leave a very different-feeling game, too. As Lemon says, it would make hitting certain heroes far more difficult, and balance would be shot to shit.

Hell, 60fps is one of the reasons I picked it up on PS4 in the first place. It felt so responsive and good to play - despite the usual V-Sync lag, of course (which I switched off immediately once I got the PC version).

I still reckon they could nerf the visuals while keeping the style and base framerate intact.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Does anyone else only seem to get put into skirmishes on Xbox One? Is there a really low player base? 

Turn skirmish off in the options - problem solved :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, carlospie said:

Anyone still active in ps? If so add carlospie I’m getting back into this 

Against my better judgement, I’ll team up with you for a few games. Let me know when you have a copy.

Yesterday when I was playing with myself alone I discovered you can now search for pre-made teams. Found a team, 2-2-2 setup, all on voice comm. Had myself an absolute blast.

So I've been playing New Symmetra on my smurf account, just to get used to her before taking her onto my main account. I now feel really fucking bad for people in the lower ranks who think "I don't belong here" - it is an absolute CHORE to climb with the knuckle-draggers you get in most of the games. You can do everything in the world, and your team will still let you down hideously. It's a complete lottery. Nobody talks.

I really thought I just wasn't very good with Sym anymore - maybe this character was just a little too big-brain for me since the rework - but then I thought "fuck it" and fired up my main account. Turns out that wasn't the case. At all. People talked! We made effective use of my teleporter! It was fun!

I'm so relieved I don't actually suck.

Well, you do suck Meh.

edit: I have no idea how Hamster works. Also, why is the Lunar Colony map changed?

Hamster is all about getting in the face of a group of people and hitting the shield button. He's also perfect for distracting chokes by using the hook to get to a control point without being seen.

Horizon was changed because it sucked dick; it feels a lot better since the change.

It's pretty useless compared to the old one. It's used in some situations - but the charge-up just takes too long. Boosting it on shields makes it work. It's the only time it's really useful.

Right click is lethal. Tracer goes down like a sack of shit.

It IS getting a 2m length increase soon, though.

51 minutes ago, Meh said:

Moira always gets my balls in her face.

You can’t get close enough to me. I laugh at the puny range of your pathetic little contraption.

Right click has no range.

Oh, I can see the confusion. Yeah, last line was referring to primary fire.

I've found Sym on my teams to be either totally useless or really good. Sneaky Syms who teleport Bastions or laser turrets behind you can really catch you off-guard. Sometimes I pick Widow as a Sym counter - but if the Sym knows you're there she can right click at you - then you can't actually see to shoot her because there are these giant balls in your face (sorry/not sorry).

I'm a bit torn with Hammond. Sometimes it feels like I'm throwing when I play him. It's really hard to do decent damage unless you get a real good piledriver or drop a minefield in a tight space on the enemy team. Usually I play him mostly for disruption - to break up teams when they're trying to push, or roll through the back lines and distract their healers. Like you say, it's all about getting in to knock people about, pop the shields and zoom off again before you die. Rinse and repeat. He is a great laugh though.

• Upvote 1