Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

16 hours ago, Strafe said:

Soujourn - might need a nerf on damage from her AoE pulse thing.

\

Her AOE thing is her issue. Her gun damage is fine. The pusle rifle is high ROF but low damage, and the rail gun is a skill shot which puts a barrier up to her being an auto win.

Gnji is an issue, though. The lack of stuns allow good genji;s to go also uncontested. I wouldn't mind seeing Cree adn Brig get their stuns back.

I don’t think I’d ever be persuaded to join voice chat or even casually peer down at the text chat lol. Just keep my head down and try my best

Push is definitely becoming my favourite mode, especially the Colloseo map. Great design with lots of different routes for flanking

Wondering if anyone can help me here - on Series X I'm getting LC-208 login error every time I try to start the game.

It worked the other day and all mention of this error seems to stem from a week ago with not much since.

I tried unlinking and linking my accounts and things like this but it just won't log in.

Anyone aware of this and if it's an ongoing issue? I can't think what it is that could be wrong :(

30 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Wondering if anyone can help me here - on Series X I'm getting LC-208 login error every time I try to start the game.

It worked the other day and all mention of this error seems to stem from a week ago with not much since.

I tried unlinking and linking my accounts and things like this but it just won't log in.

Anyone aware of this and if it's an ongoing issue? I can't think what it is that could be wrong :(

It's a connection thing, have you trouble shot (shooted?) Your internet connection? Reset router, checked dmz etc?

My favourite instance of voice chat on Overwatch was when someone, on my team, came out of his own, entirely separate, party chat to come onto the team chat to tell me I was shit and not communicating.

It’s not really my favourite. That was when I kept getting told to switch from Moira. It was constant, constant heckling. We won, easily and I got play of the game and 4 golds, at which point he stopped talking. I can’t confess to carrying a team that often but I carried that team like Jesus on the beach.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's a connection thing, have you trouble shot (shooted?) Your internet connection? Reset router, checked dmz etc?

Yeh everything is flawless - open NAT, wired, 1gbit connection.

I dunno what could be the issue :(

10 hours ago, Sel Feena said:

I don’t think I’d ever be persuaded to join voice chat or even casually peer down at the text chat lol. Just keep my head down and try my best

The new ping system is great for this. You don't need voice chat for decent comp games anymore. 

Re, Genji:

Short version: characters are performing pretty much as intended right now, so no changes incoming. However devs are keeping an eye on Genji and Sombra as they're currently benefitting too much from the DPS passive.  Good signs.

Also, Can't help but notice the lack of Havana and the Africa map in games. This video seems to confirm they're doing some kind of rotation, so manye we'll be seeing them soon.

7 hours ago, Simmy said:

I get this on Xbox regularly. On this game only. Usually after getting an achievement and being thrown out. It's nothing to do with your connection loads of players get it if you Google it. 

51 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Re, Genji:

Short version: characters are performing pretty much as intended right now, so no changes incoming. However devs are keeping an eye on Genji and Sombra as they're currently benefitting too much from the DPS passive.  Good signs.

Also, Can't help but notice the lack of Havana and the Africa map in games. This video seems to confirm they're doing some kind of rotation, so manye we'll be seeing them soon.

Nobody read the blog post from last week?

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/23865965/

Each subsequent season, we will rotate some maps out of the map pool and bring back others that had been previously out of rotation. As we continue to rotate maps in and out, we’ll be looking at improving and tweaking them, so for example, when Rialto returns in Season Two, players will notice a few spots where we have added additional cover which should help the map play better in the 5v5 environment with reduced shields. For players who want to play maps not currently in the map rotation, hop into a custom game or the occasional arcade mode.

Whole thing is worth a read.

More than the promise of new heroes, I hope the pipeline for maps is going to be faster than before

I’ve come around to Mei after drilling it into my head her primary doesn’t freeze anymore. It’s still devastating to flank folks and her wall is still annoying as heck to deal with. Even got a couple of POTGs!

11 hours ago, carlospie said:

I get this on Xbox regularly. On this game only. Usually after getting an achievement and being thrown out. It's nothing to do with your connection loads of players get it if you Google it. 

It's mad, I haven't managed to get past this error since I played 1 round on day 1.

Is it something that will be patched? I hope so!

Other annoying things about the game currently:

Roadhog and his infinite health

Orisa and her infinite health

Zenyatta not having enough health to make up for the slooooowww mobility

Junkrat is just a dreadful character in general

People going Reinhardt when there's two close-quarters DPS players