Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Ah yes that makes sense. The rework I'm most annoyed by is how her ult only gives temp health now instead of armour. I mean it makes sense because it was ridiculous, but nerfing the bash as well... I mean come on, throw her a bone here.

14 hours ago, Benny said:

For those good at Overwatch (and maybe Brigitte stans), can you tell me if I'm actually playing okay here? Ignore that the opposing team appears to just be throwing the match.

Brig still feels powerful sometimes, but I can never tell if the hero is decent, I'm playing them well, one of our team is carrying us, or if the other team is just full of Hanzo mains.

I held back much more than I'm used to with Brig as that seems the only effective way to play her at the moment.

I've played some Brig now on new Overwatch. She's definitely way more squishy and her shield melts in seconds. But overall she plays the same, you just can't get too gung ho unless you have backup. As for your footage, overall its good, you are sticking with your tank, chucking out armour packs when needed and getting in the fray without overcommiting. What I would change is to use shield bash more proactively, its only got a 3 second cooldown and so I use it for repositioning or getting ahead of teammates a lot. Secondly you're maybe erring a bit on the side of passiveness, as long as you aren't alone you can get away with a bit more aggressiveness especially against squishies. As you self heal when attacking, you can really mess up solo or clumps of squishies, its just a case of having teammate support or popping up your shield if you start getting low. This probably won't work in comp but in quick play I often bypass the enemy tank and go straight for their healers if for example there's a Mercy tailing a Zarya. Brig is great against Mercy and Lucio especially.

Yeh I used her last night for the firsf time, the amount of times I chased down the healer and splatted them was a lot. She's good as consistently hitting people too due to generous hit Box on her attacking and willing people as they run away from the last hit.

I really like her, could do with some super armour or something though 

Yeah the things you wish she had, she basically used to have. Gone now are those heady days when you could even bear down on a Reaper and he would have to leg it. Brigitte used to be one of the scariest characters in the game in a 1v1 scenario I think.

So cheering on your team in Comp is players just typing things like "trash team" & "I need healing" when the tanks run off and die by being so far ahead of the rest of the team. 

I even got told "kill yourself" when I was top damage and healing on Moria.

Is OW especially toxic or is this what competitive gaming is like these days. 

There's something tragic about someone telling me to end my life in a video game yet I'm the one who gets banned for a game for unlocking an achievement by doing something of merit. 

I don’t know if it’s better than OW1 but 5v5 feels very different and I’m mostly loving it. Most of my issues with Overwatch stem from other players and these can be largely mitigated by playing comp. If I want to mess around then mystery heroes is my usual choice. It can be hilarious when the hero picking algorithm, which must do more cocaine than Charlie Sheen, decides to put 3 D.VA’s on a single team or similar.

There’s certainly a lot of balancing to do but I can imagine they need to get more data before implementing them.

I currently think that:

Junker Queen - needs health buff/armour or improved health steal, slightly more range on her shotgun 

Orissa - needs damage reduction, maybe less health

Doomfist - granted I’m shit playing him but he seems pretty bad, so no idea.

Roadhog - needs health reduction or self healing nerf.

Sombra - needs a nerf

Soujourn - might need a nerf on damage from her AoE pulse thing.

Mercy - faster movement

Genji - him and anyone who plays as him yeeted into the sun

I think the obsession stems from him being lethal in the right hands. I do not possess such hands so my thoughts on this mainly stem from jealousy.

On a hero front I find him a bit bland and not in a ‘he’s supposed to be generic, that’s the joke!’ like Soldier 76.

What a complete waste of everybody's time. I can't comprehend how ridiculously lazy OW2 is, it's like the past six years of OW1 never happened. Matchmaking is of course completely imbalanced, leaving too many QP matches results in a -75% exp earn (so instead I sabotage the match by doing nothing at all because fuck this incompetent bunch of muppets. I am not going to suffer through a waste-of-my-time match just to avoid that penalty), Ranked is of course littered with players leaving.

photo-11938.jpeg.b691b7a64df460dc0bc53fdf3c43e6da.jpeg

It's like I'm back in 2018. Nothing has been learnt, it's the same old wine in the same old bottle with a new label. The good ol' bottle with the old label is also taken off the shelves so there. I hope this bombs in the most spectacular way.

1 hour ago, df0 said:

Matchmaking is of course completely imbalanced, leaving too many QP matches results in a -75% exp earn (so instead I sabotage the match by doing nothing at all because fuck this incompetent bunch of muppets. I am not going to suffer through a waste-of-my-time match just to avoid that penalty

Ignoring some of the most insane logic I’ve ever heard, matchmaking in quick play is based on a players overall performance.

So all those games you throw are just making things worse lol.

50 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I actually really like it. I'm playing about five matches a day. Only annoying thing is being kicked when you get achievements, or a team mate does 😭🤣

I think they've finally fixed that problem today. I've had a few achievements and not been kicked.

Just a reminder that when queuing you can play skirmish, but best of all custom games, which are all madness but fun. There's one which puts like 30 players onto a square, and you cycle through heroes when you get a kill, and you start with full ultimate charge. Total madness. Want to get 20 kills with one high noon? Now's your chance.

Had a go on wrecking ball last night. I was worried he'd be a bit crap being the main tank but he's so disruptive it actually works as long as your team is capitalising. 

19 hours ago, carlospie said:

Part of the issue is the player pool. Some have been playing seven years, others seven minutes, yet all are out in a game together. It's baffling. 

Also once you get out of bronze things start getting less toxic as the more mature, self assured players start to take over.