Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Didn’t bast and Torb get banned (ranked only?) because of bugs? You could spam bast’s ult endlessly, and Torb could over stack his self buff according to the piece I skimmed.

seen Torb in quick play, so he’s either been fixed quickly or it doesn’t affect casual matches.

I think that was actually why I stopped playing it eventually - over time they would take out or rework interactions that made characters feel fun or powerful to actually use in the name of balance. Which makes sense I guess, but eventually a lot of it started to feel more bland as more and more of those interactions got ironed out after they "fixed" the really crazy stuff.

20 minutes ago, RabMyself said:

Anyone else having issues since patching on PC? Can join a skirmish while waiting but when my comp game gets found it hangs, says 'error joining game, please retry' and give me a priority requeue but does the exact same.

It’s the same on all platforms currently. 

5 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Didn’t bast and Torb get banned (ranked only?) because of bugs? You could spam bast’s ult endlessly, and Torb could over stack his self buff according to the piece I skimmed.

seen Torb in quick play, so he’s either been fixed quickly or it doesn’t affect casual matches.

He was greyed out in QP yesterday for me. Bast just plain wasn't on the list.

I'm still getting used to the game without stuns. Removing CRee's flashbang and Brig's sheild bash removed the big ways to deal with good Genji's and Lucios. There's alway Mei but I have too much self respect. Id rather lose.

5 hours ago, Mafro said:

New patch is out https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/patch-notes/#patch-2022-10-13

Still no achievements fix, but they've removed Zenyatta's attack speed buff from Kiriko's ultimate!!!!!111 😐

Many players were ranked too low during the first week of Overwatch 2, so we are implementing a boost as players continue to play games for those affected by this issue.

Players who were ranked too low could have the feeling of being stuck in this rank. Moving forward, players should be able to climb the ranks in their first rank update assuming they’re supposed to be higher based on their performance.

I'm chossing to believe this is why I got placed in  DPSbronze 5 after straight wins on grading. I shall stop playing now and no one can ever say I'm wrong.

That's a pretty shitty update.

Also, Brigitte seems near useless right now. Can't stun, has to be in a packed group to do AOE healing (assuming the enemy's within melee range) and she's insanely squishy. A half decent Reaper or other DPS will cut her clean in half, even Roadhog can one shot her with his hook and a single blast.

I mean, I role queue as every class so that means I'm always support. Kiriko looks good, but I need practice, and Mercy's always great, but I like the idea of Brigitte as having a strong central core for the team - it just rarely works that way.

They took out Bastion temporarily because he was broken in one of the modes, same with Torb but I saw him in matches tonight. My account finally got linked so I can access all the heroes but still in a queue for cosmetics getting enabled (8000 and something in queue). 

Push is hard on quickplay, its the ultimate death for teams that trickle in. The Stay as Team option is a bit annoying because the option to do it is removed once play of the game starts, giving you about 4 seconds to process and register for it. I also can't seem to find an ingame leaderboard after the match, which kind of sucks for tracking your own progress. Anyone?

That aside its been quite fun, although the queue times suck in the late evening with 3 mins+ even for DPS. The good thing is that you can play Skirmish etc in the meantime and on PS5 the loading times are really fast. I had a go on the new healer but didnt really jive with her, her healing abilities are kind of unsatisfying although the knives seem quite fun. Reinhardt is even better fun now and I've been enjoying some old picks like Junkrat, Zenyatta and Hanzo. As for teammates so far in Quick Play they have been quite good, its clear there are a lot of decent returning players all mashed in the low levels with the noobs. As for the Battle Pass, I'm up to about rank 15 after two nights play, I think there's like 70 or 80 ranks and you get about 50 days to do it, so it might not be super terrible if you play regularly. The offerings though are really crap, a few decent skins and emotes/play of the game, but that's about it. All the rest is useless sprays, souvenirs, weapon charms etc. Apex's battle pass is cheaper, more generous and has a much better ratio of good to crap content. 

3 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Also, Brigitte seems near useless right now. Can't stun, has to be in a packed group to do AOE healing (assuming the enemy's within melee range) and she's insanely squishy. A half decent Reaper or other DPS will cut her clean in half, even Roadhog can one shot her with his hook and a single blast.

I mean, I role queue as every class so that means I'm always support. Kiriko looks good, but I need practice, and Mercy's always great, but I like the idea of Brigitte as having a strong central core for the team - it just rarely works that way.

BRIGITTE

DB21D0B0-E29E-48D0-AC61-5046084EA642.jpeg.579e9974e33bb6c15f220b4bdc1d1024.jpeg

7 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I've had some good games with Brigitte. I think it depends a lot now on map and team comp though. I found I had to play her a bit differently and poke more, which is actually useful with her now because her boop poke activates her AOE heal, so you're just not as able to wade in with the shield stun bash as you used to and have to play it safe behind a Rein or slower tank.

For those good at Overwatch (and maybe Brigitte stans), can you tell me if I'm actually playing okay here? Ignore that the opposing team appears to just be throwing the match.

Brig still feels powerful sometimes, but I can never tell if the hero is decent, I'm playing them well, one of our team is carrying us, or if the other team is just full of Hanzo mains.

I held back much more than I'm used to with Brig as that seems the only effective way to play her at the moment.

You play a good game, nice and conservative and heal when needed.

The issue you may find later and if you like comp is that mercy, Lucio and ana provide so much more than her. Without her stun, she's just a very average hero.

Mercy is boring but in my last game I ressed ten times, which can be the difference between a win and a loss. I'm not sure Brigette can ever contribute anything to justify her over that. 

But at the end of the day it's all just good fun so be who you want.

I'm seeing many genjis in comp, all but one have been pure shit. His skill ceiling is so high. 

28 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I'm seeing many genjis in comp, all but one have been pure shit. His skill ceiling is so high. 

Overwatch. Overwatch never changes.

edit: also, I loved to play Brig. He shield bash interrupted many opponent's ULT and that chain throw knocked fools off ledges. She can be tremendous amounts of fun.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

The issue you may find later and if you like comp is that mercy, Lucio and ana provide so much more than her. Without her stun, she's just a very average hero.

Mercy is boring but in my last game I ressed ten times, which can be the difference between a win and a loss. I'm not sure Brigette can ever contribute anything to justify her over that. 

Yeah I don't bother with comp because I'm just there to do well but also have fun in the process. And my other support main is Zen so I'm not getting any of the others out anyway :hat:

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Mercy can heal 1 person at a time unless she's used ult. Brig constantly does AOE healing meaning there's potential for not needing as many ressurects. Additionally Mercy finishes the game with 0 damage whereas Brig typically finishes with practically the same heal as Mercy but tons of damage which does make the difference.

They're both great in their own ways, personally I rarely play Mercy though as in solo queue not many teammates will do their best to keep you alive if you're getting focussed whereas other healers don't need to be babysat as much.

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Hold on. Brig does a o e healing?? 

Yeah that's her main source of healing. Whenever you hit an enemy (shields don't count) you trigger an aoe heal. Same applies if you use her boop ability and hit someone.

edit: not sure if this is OW1 or OW2 but if you look at her inspire ability here (https://liquipedia.net/overwatch/Brigitte) you get an idea for how much heal she does.

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Wtf thank for that I had no idea!! Always thought it was her RB only. Game changer il start using her. 

I'm gonna stop playing comp for a few weeks whilst it settles down. Anyone fancy teaming up please drop me and inv. 

She's tough to make work on the big open maps but the more compact ones like well or lighthouse where your other healer is typically playing Lucio, if you all stay as a ball your team are hella hard to kill cause of the 2 of you doing combined full team heal.

No. I should not. I hate it.

Not sure if my internet connection can even handle it, moved house and have to rely on mobile broadband (building has no broadband infrastructure at all). Give me time to download it.

God damn it, I'm gonna regret to hell out of this.

32 minutes ago, ThePinkNinja said:

Yeah that's her main source of healing. Whenever you hit an enemy (shields don't count) you trigger an aoe heal. Same applies if you use her boop ability and hit someone.

edit: not sure if this is OW1 or OW2 but if you look at her inspire ability here (https://liquipedia.net/overwatch/Brigitte) you get an idea for how much heal she does.

I think the shield bash does actually trigger AOE heal now.