Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

1 hour ago, Arn X Treme said:

Was just having the best game I've had so far with Moria (cheers for the recommendation) and the BANG I'm signed out and am now getting LC-208 error even though the Xbox is online and working fine!!

FFS

EDIT:

And now I'm suspended or fucking banned!!!

Did you get an achievement? This still happens to me every time 

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

Actually I did, something to do with Moria.

Is that a glitch? 

That's even worse then. 

Yeah, whenever you get an Xbox achievement it signs you out of the game altogether. Bloody annoying especially after I got 4 kills with Soldier 76's Tactical Visor.

It's been acknowledged but no ETA on a fix. 

Ranked's always been bullshit on the individual level. One of my buds gave up Overwatch for good after getting dumped in with terrible teams something like eight games in a row, where he outshone them in both kills and healing with Lucio and did some splendid work with Rein. Out DPS'ing DPS dudes with Lucio, that's a thing. 

I was there at the time and he was genuinely playing a blinder, much better than usual. Wound up demoted at the end of it and lost a shitload of rank points, then said 'fuck this' and never played it again because he was practically spitting blood by the end.

TLDR: Ranked is basically nonsense unless you have a consistent team.

I'm pretty sure now in Ranked it only bumps or reduces your rank after a set number of wins/losses. If I recall its something like 5 or 10 wins to go up and 20 losses/draws to go down. Check out the little tutorial thats in the ranked screen, same as the one that pops up when you select Ranked for the first time.

I had an all-evening session on this the other night. Basically its still just Overwatch. I do like the 5 team size/one tank change a lot. I only played Push once but it was a nice mode. Aside from that its just a patch for Overwatch 1 with some slight improvements, so I can't see myself investing huge amounts of time into this given the stupid number of hours I already sank into the original. I will keep playing and give the new and reworked heroes a shot though, and maybe I should try ranked as quickplay is just chaos with everyone at such low level.

Annoyingly although I've managed to link accounts now, I'm still getting the issue of none of my Overwatch 1 progress or cosmetics appearing in Overwatch 2, which is happening for loads of people. Blizzard say they are slowly working through every account to get them fixed. In terms of unlocking heroes though I already had about 2 thirds of the roster unlocked after maybe 4 hours play so its hardly egregious. I just balk at having to pay/mega grind for the newest heroes. 

The game is still quality but it is dissapointing to attach a 2 to the title and basically have exactly the same game. Other online shooters like Counterstrike don't really evolve either so that's fine, but I am a bit baffled as to why the higher ups at Blizzard thought seperating the PVE stuff and other features from the multiplayer would be a good idea. Anyone can hop into this and immediately go, yep its just Overwatch with a bit of shiny paint, and never come back to it again. I'm curious as to whether it will get a second wave with free to play and a newer audience, otherwise I can see attention in this quickly dropping off until the PVE stuff arrives.

Some Junkrat fun:

I particularly enjoy what I did to the Mercy. Twice.

My favourite thing about the character (after they added the change to hold two) is you can put mines down in advance if you think you'll need the momentum of them to escape with.

And the lead up into a PotG:

Spoiler

Right - I am having a real issue with OW2 now. I've just played a game and lost, hit queue for another and tabbed out to browse reddit, my background music hasn't changed from the queue music at all, just flipped back to it thinking it's been way too long looking for a support queue and it's got me marked as banned again. So either it's not changing the music when a game loads or it's just banning me for tabbing out!

13 hours ago, carlospie said:

Ranked is weird. Seven wins in a row as healer and I remain in bronze 5.

Also this was my last game as Moira.... Bronze my ass.

IMG_20221012_103637.jpg

I don’t know anyone who has qualified higher than bronze yet. I got bronze 3 in DPS having been gold most recently and platinum for a few seasons.

6 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I don’t know anyone who has qualified higher than bronze yet. I got bronze 3 in DPS having been gold most recently and platinum for a few seasons.

The ranking system is a mess at the moment. I reckon it will take a few months for it to settle at what it should be. So obvious when you get in a game with an ex plat dps in a team of bronzes.

6 minutes ago, Mikes said:

The ranking system is a mess at the moment. I reckon it will take a few months for it to settle at what it should be. So obvious when you get in a game with an ex plat dps in a team of bronzes.

The sole benefit from what I could tell is that the next comp match we steamrolled the other team into oblivion. I felt a bit bad but then I remembered that they would almost certainly do the same to me and that’s how it is.