Overwatch 2 - Now live, F2P - PC, Playstation, Xbox & Switch

tobert

Damn Kiriko is super, super fun, I might have to bench Mercy for a while. Love her kit especially the teleport and Ultimate. And most importantly I feel like for most mortals she’a gonna prove hard to go on a killing spree with, unlike Moira whose kit almost seems to encourage that given how her no-hurt juice needs damage to get back quickly. I approve!

This is really annoying and not sure if happening to anyone else?

Earlier on my account for banned for 15 mins - not sure why but I couldn't do any comp. Ok fine - I called someone a cunt so whatever.

I've come along now and tried to have a game and it's saying banned for an hour.

Not sure why I've been banned twice.

6 minutes ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Just to say that Kiriko's got a pretty nice skin you can earn by watching* Overwatch 2 streams on Twitch for a total of 6 hours by the 16th (I think), best double check.

*leaving open on a muted tab while you do something worthwhile.

Idiot question - how does that work? Register on Twitch then somehow connect your bnet account?

42 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Trying to learn Ana, but I'm so bad at sniping I may as well no bother. Fun, though probably not as enjoyable for my teammates as they cry out for healing only to have a dart whizz past them and heal a nearby tree.

Id say she is one of the hardest heroes to play as. Epic when she's good, but mediocre in the wrong hands. Annoying when you sleep someone and your noob DPS wake them up straight away. 

Also I saw someone use hamster the other day for the first time, he's a absolute comedy 

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Trying to learn Ana, but I'm so bad at sniping I may as well not bother. Fun, though probably not as enjoyable for my teammates as they cry out for healing only to have a dart whizz past them and heal a nearby tree.

I'm a terrible widow or hitscan in general but a pretty decent Ana. Took some getting used to but well worth the effort once she clicks for you.

6 hours ago, ThePinkNinja said:

It is for sure but when they're squealing down the microphone they're acting like one and it is deserving in my opinion, so I'd understood if that was the first ban but no idea why there was a 2nd one when I hadn't been playing!

Turn text chat off. Turn voice chat off.

Better for your sanity.

So is this actually possible to play on all formats now, or are the queues still in full force?

I wasn't going to bother as I already sunk a ridiculous number of hours into Overwatch, but as its free I fancy a look for old times sake and to see how fun the new tank/team size changes are.

Personally I don't care about them moving to a battle pass format but I think its egregious for them to lock heroes behind serious battle pass progression. That's just awful for the game in general. In Apex Legends you have to pay the normal (rather than premium) in-game currency to unlock Legends, but its really easy to do that once you've played for a while and you can easily afford any new Legend coming out. The prospect of having to grind the battle pass or pay a chunk of cash really sucks. It just stinks of money grabbing when other F2P games have proven that cosmetic only battle passes make money just fine. How will it work for the seasons after the hero is out, will they then become available for anyone to play for free, or will everyone have to fork out for them? 

Managed to get in but my account on PS5 isn't showing any of my Overwatch 1 unlocks even though the battlenet account is correctly linked. Looking online it seems like this is a common issue as Blizzard's in the process of porting everyone's progress over. Just wondered if anyone else is having this problem?

I am still having issues getting into a game on my PS5, I get into a queue, it's says X number of players in front of me, I wait and then it disconnects when it gets to 0. Anyone else had this? 

I have only managed to get in once, over the weekend, since launch 

15 hours ago, Benny said:

Had some fun games playing Reinhardt recently

Hide contents

Yes that is Overwatch 1 RIP :lol:

Not sure your level so apologies if you're high ranked and a gold is trying to tell you what to do, but on the well map you're too passive as your team pushes and you're holding back on your side of the well. If you push forward at your teams pace you force the enemy to keep dropping back or risk getting a hammer to the face. One of the big things for Rein imo is to occupy the space the enemy wants to push in to so they have to either focus your shields while your team mates shoot at them or they've got to back off and find a new plan.

A tip also if you don't know on PC Rein, while you've got RMB pressed for shield, if you press LMB at same time it lets you look around without dropping your shield or changing your direction so you can keep an eye on where your team are in relation to you.

6 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Anyone got any tips for playing as Mercy, as I seem to always be given a medic role?

Or if not Mercy, another healer that's easy to pick up and learn to play?

Lucio is a great one to start with as he heals other players by just being near to them. He’s really fun to play as too! Switching jump to one of the trigger or bumpers makes him easier to use. 

His secondary fire is also great to boop the enemy players off edges, it never gets old! 😂☺️ 

11 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Anyone got any tips for playing as Mercy, as I seem to always be given a medic role?

Or if not Mercy, another healer that's easy to pick up and learn to play?

Mercy - don't go for risky revives even if teammates are screaming at you. If you don't think you can survive the action don't do, you're way more important to the team effort. Decide each round who to prioritise your revives on, i.e. for me it's 2nd healer, tank and then whichever of the DPS is having the biggest impact. Keep an eye on where your teammates are at all times so if you need to get out of a situation fast you know where to turn and shift click to. Phamercy is a great combo if the pharah is good. If the pharah isn't good just ignore them as then it's only 1 ineffective player rather than 2.

Alternate healers - I personally love Ana/Moira/Brig in that order. 

Ana - make sure to use your abilities but if you're against an enemy that keeps coming for you in the backline make sure you've typically got at least one of them handy to save yourself. If your team is hitting a roadhog, hit him with your biotic grenade so he can't just tank through it with self heal. Try and keep as much distance from the front line as you feel safe to do, if they've got genji/pharah who keeps coming for you then play closer to the team so your other healer can help but just try and play angles where they can't get at you easily.

Moira - dva can eat your purple balls but not your yellow balls. Fire your balls against a wall in a narrow corridor to get more use out of them. Don't forget to heal. Moira is a great DPS in her own right but your team need you to heal. Try not to get too big headed and condescending to your team when you're highest dmg and heal. Moira just makes that work.

Brig - you have a shield but you're not a tank. Join in with other pushes but don't make solo pushes into the team. You do AOE heal whenever you make a hit that isn't against a shield so make use of your long poke to hit enemies and get your aoe heal pumping. Start your combats with shield bashes and keep using them whenever you notice it's availablea again. It's a great ability, it can cancel ults and throws someone off balance. Use brigs long poke ability like lucios boop and you can knock people into well/off side of maps. I typically always go brig on well and lighthouse maps for the AOE on point and the boopability. 

38 minutes ago, ThePinkNinja said:

Not sure your level so apologies if you're high ranked and a gold is trying to tell you what to do, but on the well map you're too passive as your team pushes and you're holding back on your side of the well. If you push forward at your teams pace you force the enemy to keep dropping back or risk getting a hammer to the face. One of the big things for Rein imo is to occupy the space the enemy wants to push in to so they have to either focus your shields while your team mates shoot at them or they've got to back off and find a new plan.

A tip also if you don't know on PC Rein, while you've got RMB pressed for shield, if you press LMB at same time it lets you look around without dropping your shield or changing your direction so you can keep an eye on where your team are in relation to you.

Yeah I'm only average, and I play Quick play only so I'll take a win whichever way it happens :hat:

I’m low Silver so don’t put much stock in what I tell you, but I use it to get a good vantage point so I can see where everyone’s at and so I can get to and from multiple teammates. If enemy is rolling a Widow I usually dial it back, more so if they actually get kills on the board

5 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Eh?! The game resets about now on a Tuesday, so give it a reset or summink. It might have just shit itself.

Oh, you would've thought they would give us some warning and not just booted me out of a ranked game and subsequently banned me for ten minutes. 

Just when I was beginning to enjoy Overwatch again....