rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Yoshimax

Riptide GP Renegade

I've got high hopes for this it's their first game since 360 Hydro Thunder built for the latest consoles and we aren't exactly drowning in a sea of decent water racers. Out now on PS4 and next week on XB1 with Android, iOS and Win10 versions coming too. I really enjoyed the console port of the last one which started out on phone.

http://www.vectorunit.com/riptide-gp-renegade

• Upvote 1

Interesting. I did enjoy Hydro Thunder, even if I seem to remember getting a bit 'stuck' somehow, does the difficulty get particularly hard towards the end or anything? Maybe I was just a bit shit...

Not too sure I like the look of the stunts for some reason, just seems a bit tired in a way but I do like a water racer thing. Might have to indulge, good spot!

I think the last one is free on phone - like I say I really enjoyed it on console (to the extent I unlocked every achievement). The stunts are a way to gain boost and give you something to do whilst airborne. I'm surprised not a single person appears to have picked it up on ps4.

Got the last one on PS4 and wasn't particularly impressed with it to be honest. Quite an average water based arcade racer ruined by the upgrade system. Progression felt like it was 90% down to just grinding my way to upgrades allowing me to shit on the opposition, I got a little bored and gave up. And then sad that we've not had a new Waverace.

This new one looks very similar.

Spotted by @MaffewE this is delayed till end of the month for them to implement cross platform play for Xbox One and Win10.

Vector Unit The game will be releasing on additional platforms in late August, including Xbox One, Windows 10, iOS, Google Play and Amazon. Thanks for your support and patience!

Andrew Mogford A month later? Ok - I know it's gonna be good and I know I'm gonna buy it, whatever. But I can't deny I'm a little peeved. Has some kind of exclusivity deal been signed with Sony? I'd be intrigued to know why we have to wait. I always thought with Hydro Thunder and through Riptide that you were more on the iOS and Xbox side but guess I was wrong......

Vector Unit It's coming! Xbox One has been delayed because of technical complications with cross play -- delay is a bummer but Win10 cross play will be great! The Xbox One / Win10 version is taking longer because it's one of the very first Xbox Live crossplay titles, which means Xbox One and Windows 10 players will be able to play online against each other. It also means players who own both copies will be able to sync them with a single Xbox Live account, share game progress and achievements and leaderboards. The Xbox One version boasts 6-player split screen and party invites.

In final cert now:

Riptide GP: Renegade is going to be one of the very first third-party titles released with the "Xbox Play Anywhere" label. That means you'll be able to buy it once and you'll get it on both Xbox One and Windows 10. You'll also be able to sync your game progress. earn Xbox Achievements and Gamerscore, and play online multiplayer across both Xbox One and Windows 10. (And of course, don't forget that the Xbox One is the ONLY version that lets you play local split screen with up to SIX players!)

The announcement comes alongside an update on the game's expected release timeline, with Vector Unit noting that both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions are now in final certification testing. While there's no solid release date set just yet, that's good news for those who are awaiting the game following delays. In any case, assuming all goes well with the certification process, we should see an official release announcement relatively soon.