Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

as a counterpoint on Daymos just a word of warning if you're a mac user - some odd stuff happens on extracting the RAR file and its a bit more faff to install. I've eventually got all the teams/kits in etc, can't get it to accept the league logos but that isn't too important.

there is also a bug it seems on PS4 importing the teams and it can make the game crash if you load all in 1 go, he provides instructions for this but again its faff, took me over an hour to get it all installed, once its on though the strips are excellent.

loving the game though, it plays a really nice considered game, especially as Arsenal, I love passing round looking for openings, feels very crisp and the players have good weight/momentum to them

I've decided this is fucking shit, online at least, with lag. I know I said i wanted scoring to feel like an achievement, but not at the expense of your own enjoyment at doing the simple things. I think every year they tone down the extreme qualities of the last version, so it was super fast, they've slowed it down, you had ridiculous tight ball control and 360 turning circle, they've 'corrected' that by making it feel weirdly sluggish, unreliable rather than unpredictable. I don't feel in control of players. While writing this I did just win 4-1 with arsenal managing my 5th chipped goal out of something like 30 attempts, which I should have enjoyed more than I did. I was playing slick passing football offline against the ai, I couldn't score but didn't care. Online, that freak arsenal win aside, getting battered 7-0 by Croatia as Argentina was a real low.

The previous pro evo was so fast and you had such good control of players that lag was less of an issue. This is unplayable. While the previous game weighed in favour of the attacker when chasing a through ball, I've been surprised by how when picking the ball up with Bale or Ronaldo in a game I was cutting them open I couldn't pull away, the defender was moving at a different speed. Intercepted every time. It is Bale, fair enough tone down his power but it was like being tugged back by an invisible rope. Pes 2016 went overboard with the empowerment you feel when taking control of the superstar players but they've toned it down too much here, you do want to feel the joy of being so that much faster, stronger than the rest, because Bale actually is. 

I wanted the keepers to be better, but not always Keylor Navas at his superman best, with the defenders even quicker, but control more sluggish and unevern, getting a shot off is the best I can hope for. Can't turn and manoeuvre, just get intercepted. If your shot manages to make it through the million bodies in the way, hit it hard, rebound off the keeper's legs, hope for a tap in. Or score from a header. Just lots of hitting and hoping, because you're fighting the controls, at it's worst pes can feel like you're not even controlling it, nothing is working. I just want good end to end games online where goals are earned and defenders defend. You wouldn't get this sudden my hands don't seem to be my own feeling from tony hawks pro skater which is all about it being ultra responsive. Football games are stuck trying to get the right balance between making it responsive and fun but mechanical or unpredictable and messy but organic. Thps isn't really like real skateboarding and EA Skate is, but thps is more fun and arcadey because it's so reliable. You can just focus on timing, and speed of button presses. Pes at its arcadey best was like that, ultimately however they want to limit your ability to dribble and pass the ball you learn and adapt to those restrictions. They don't want you to ping the ball around like a pinball, they want over hit passes, they want it so difficult passes are actually difficult so the ball's speed and accuracy is affected as you pass it around endlessly.

10 minutes ago, elmo said:

I must have played 20 games online and haven't noticed any lag at all. Weird.

not saying it isn't there. A mate of mine said he'd had a few laggy games too.

My internet has been awful for ages when playing pes online. I used to have to reset my console after every game because I was getting errors. Lightning struck, the router died, we got a replacement, and it's not been the same since. 

17 hours ago, d ebolenk said:

My internet has been awful for ages when playing pes online. I used to have to reset my console after every game because I was getting errors. Lightning struck, the router died, we got a replacement, and it's not been the same since. 

Hardly the fault of PES then...?

40 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Hardly the fault of PES then...?

Well I can always play pes 2016 and see how it fares there, where I can see the connection is struggling but it doesn't amount to nearly as much frustration - it's still mostly really playable. I used to play I think it was pes 2010 on Xbox where it was almost permanently slow for me, a delay to every pass or movement. But it was smooth still. Pes 2017 is uneven. It's not a delayed response, it's that it doesn't flow as well. I'll see what it's like in a month. While my internet hasn't been great for months, it has been pretty good for the last few weeks. Like I couldn't connect my tablet whilst in the bath for a while, it'd drop out after a minute, or be out of range, but recently it's been perfect, no need to constantly reconnect at all.

Out of 50+ matches online I've had a maximum of 4 that have been laggy, 2 were abandoned, 1 was ridiculously laggy but wasn't abandoned and 1 was a tad laggy. It's obviously not totally the games fault. (Even though I am fairly sure that their net code leaves a lot to be desired.)

On 17/09/2016 at 09:43, unleashedmaniac said:

The option file that Daymos has created is superb!

One thing I found with playing last years edition (particularly Master League) is that I found it so boring to be playing against Man Red or Berkshire Blues etc. It adds a whole new level having all the official kits/team names and even competition logos.

I'm not sure about the other option files available, but for the ease of importing I would recommend the Daymos OF to anyone.

Is there a free version of it?

apologies in advance if this is a stupid query, anyway here goes:

over the weekend i imported the option files provided my pesworld. Last night got home from work and stuck it on, noticed that my ps+ had expired so opted to start a champs league campaign as liverpool then I noticed the squads were outdated. So seen there was a live update to be applied so i performed that and it fixed the squads however i noticed that the changes applied via the option file for spain & italy had reverted to default. English leagues were still fine, so not sure what i have done to be honest. Anyone put me right?

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

PES world was fine for me, although I hit the maximum number of images I could import, so deleted the manager and stadium images

Had you already imported another option file or had a crash during import? Otherwise you should have had plenty of room for 4 option files + competition logos.

Following a crash, delete all images and redo, I had a crash with the original single large option file but no issues since the leagues were split out into separate files.

30 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Had you already imported another option file or had a crash during import? Otherwise you should have had plenty of room for 4 option files + competition logos.

Following a crash, delete all images and redo, I had a crash with the original single large option file but no issues since the leagues were split out into separate files.

Ah yeah I did mate, cheers! Don't know if I'll bother going back to re-add them but good to get an explanation

For importing the option files, I'd strongly advise importing 10-15 teams, quitting from edit to save it and going in again. I tried it all in one go and then in two halves and it threw an error message at me and crashed. Doing it in 5/6 chunks worked perfectly.

5 refers to 'better' according to Reddit, but there was some confusion in the thread even then!  Would be good to get an official reply...

When I popped mine to 5, I couldn't notice any difference in the time it took to find someone (you'd think it would be slower) but connection was definitely better. This is based on about half a dozen games. 

I imported a Budesliga file as well, where players etc are moved about and had a similar issue when then applying the squad update. In short, do the update first then find the option for it in options and have it apply to edit data too. This means it's on offline as well as on. You can then add leagues or make squad changes and it won't revert to default after. 

11 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

I have managed to play a couple of exhibition games against the computer and this seems really great.  Having only really played PES locally with mates for the past few years which is the best place to start for a single player campaign?

Master League, start with the 'Classic players', and use a team you'd not miss (since you get generic players by choosing 'Classic Players') - so for example I'm using Rotherham (option file applied) in the division below the Premier League.

It's a bit of a grind/challenge at start, but you'll soon feel the love and after your first season you'll be damn right addicted.  

Top tip: When starting off, it's worth only buying players from the 'Free Agent' list, or the Youth team to get you started.

Encountered an error trying to play ML after applying the option file with my mates. Basically player 1 edited everything but it came up saying user generated media is not allowed in this account for player 2 and player 3, and then just broke in multiple different ways.

seem to have fixed it by loading the game as player 2, editing something and saving it, then doing the same on player 3.

i think the problem stemmed from players 2 and 3 not having PS+ on their accounts.

Has anyone else had this problem?

google suggests something similar went on with rocket league but was eventually fixed.

Quick question.  Should all the teams be up to date with the transfers from over the summer?.  Looking at my club Middlesbrough, it hasn't got the summer signing or players that left.  Had a quick look at the other clubs and it seems to be the same although I did notice Man U has Pogba.

Edit, ok, found how, much better now.  Just added the PESWorld option files........lovely.

12 hours ago, wullie said:

The best goal I've scored so far

Thats a lovely goal, on FIFA the first pass gets cut out and if it doesn't the player takes a horrendous first touch and needs some sort of skill move before shifting the ball on, not to mention the first time finesse shot would be hit like the player was wearing his slippers PES is KING