Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

SMD

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

PES world was fine for me, although I hit the maximum number of images I could import, so deleted the manager and stadium images

Had you already imported another option file or had a crash during import? Otherwise you should have had plenty of room for 4 option files + competition logos.

Following a crash, delete all images and redo, I had a crash with the original single large option file but no issues since the leagues were split out into separate files.

30 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Had you already imported another option file or had a crash during import? Otherwise you should have had plenty of room for 4 option files + competition logos.

Following a crash, delete all images and redo, I had a crash with the original single large option file but no issues since the leagues were split out into separate files.

Ah yeah I did mate, cheers! Don't know if I'll bother going back to re-add them but good to get an explanation

For importing the option files, I'd strongly advise importing 10-15 teams, quitting from edit to save it and going in again. I tried it all in one go and then in two halves and it threw an error message at me and crashed. Doing it in 5/6 chunks worked perfectly.

5 refers to 'better' according to Reddit, but there was some confusion in the thread even then!  Would be good to get an official reply...

When I popped mine to 5, I couldn't notice any difference in the time it took to find someone (you'd think it would be slower) but connection was definitely better. This is based on about half a dozen games. 

11 hours ago, parrapatheslapper said:

I have managed to play a couple of exhibition games against the computer and this seems really great.  Having only really played PES locally with mates for the past few years which is the best place to start for a single player campaign?

Master League, start with the 'Classic players', and use a team you'd not miss (since you get generic players by choosing 'Classic Players') - so for example I'm using Rotherham (option file applied) in the division below the Premier League.

It's a bit of a grind/challenge at start, but you'll soon feel the love and after your first season you'll be damn right addicted.  

Top tip: When starting off, it's worth only buying players from the 'Free Agent' list, or the Youth team to get you started.

Encountered an error trying to play ML after applying the option file with my mates. Basically player 1 edited everything but it came up saying user generated media is not allowed in this account for player 2 and player 3, and then just broke in multiple different ways.

seem to have fixed it by loading the game as player 2, editing something and saving it, then doing the same on player 3.

i think the problem stemmed from players 2 and 3 not having PS+ on their accounts.

Has anyone else had this problem?

google suggests something similar went on with rocket league but was eventually fixed.

Quick question.  Should all the teams be up to date with the transfers from over the summer?.  Looking at my club Middlesbrough, it hasn't got the summer signing or players that left.  Had a quick look at the other clubs and it seems to be the same although I did notice Man U has Pogba.

Edit, ok, found how, much better now.  Just added the PESWorld option files........lovely.

12 hours ago, wullie said:

The best goal I've scored so far

Thats a lovely goal, on FIFA the first pass gets cut out and if it doesn't the player takes a horrendous first touch and needs some sort of skill move before shifting the ball on, not to mention the first time finesse shot would be hit like the player was wearing his slippers PES is KING

never applied option files for the proper teams and kids etc before but I'm having some troubles, I may have done something very stupid wrong.

but I think i've done what every guide suggests I should

downloaded Premier League, Serie A, La Liga and Championship packs and put them all in a folder called WEPES (in their own seperate folders which didn't work, and then tried again just with every single file dumped into a single WEPES folder - go into pes 2017 and go across to extas, edit, data management, import, import team, check all the files (15-20 at a time) until they are all done, then press back and save and then quit out again.

but nothing bloody works! all the team names are the standard pes versions. I can manually add the league emblems though, do I have to manually add the kits/team emblems for every single team myself? If I click Import Images and choose competition emblems, then about 440 images all load up on that screen with the logos, kits, stadiums, managers and everything

edit: seem to have sorted it.. don't think I did anything different but it decided to work :D

23 minutes ago, Jonnycash said:

I'm looking at doing this where you download the patches from? 

I got them from pesworld.co.uk. just empty contents of every pack you want into the WEPES folder but make sure to only add 5-10 teams at a time, and then go back and save before adding the next batch otherwise if you error you have to do them all again I noticed

Just got this and edited in the downloads from PESworld but I see that my squad lists aren't up to date with this year's transfers. I see that I can get up to date teams by applying Live Update but that will reset my edit. Is there anyway around this?

Had another go online last night after playing pes 2016, being two goals up with Japan, shutting down my laptop and intending to switch off the laptop battery plug but mistaking my PS4 plug for it instead...

I'd had a number of games on pes 2016 online before hand, the best way to notice a difference. It was rapid as fuck, it definitely didn't feel like the same game as before. I had a great end to end match playing as liverpool, and the next two games were just as quick. I still lost, 3-4, but the pace of it made up for the uneven dribbling as before, there was less being inhibited by the controls. They've definitely sped it up, I was still get the connection struggling symbol, but there was like a forcefulness to the play. 

On 2 October 2016 at 17:44, Shook said:

Is it def this over FIFA 17 yes?

Not really, this years Fifa with the extra game modes and the story mode thrown in for good measure is excellent value for money. I do feel we should move past the Fifa V Pro debate and be happy that there are two very good football games doing the rounds right now.

21 minutes ago, DJ KNIGHT XIII said:

Not really, this years Fifa with the extra game modes and the story mode thrown in for good measure is excellent value for money. I do feel we should move past the Fifa V Pro debate and be happy that there are two very good football games doing the rounds right now.

I only want to buy one though. 

2 hours ago, Shook said:

I only want to buy one though. 

Get PES, choosing Fifa right now is like choosing to staple your nutsack to the kitchen worksurface before hitting it randomly with a spatula.

The moments where you aren't hitting them cause a rush of endorphins which gives you an incredible high, like when you play Fifa against somebody who isn't an insufferable prick with a mcdonalds wifi connection, then all of a sudden *SPLAT* you smash the Spatula down again causing intense pain and unbelievable rage that once again you done it to yourself and played against somebody who scores a trampy goal on the counter attack before passing it round his defence and goalkeeper using the L2 button to shield the ball making it IMPOSSIBLE for you to get it back.

Fuck Fifa.