Goose

Black Panther - Chadwick Boseman - Feb 2018

Full cast now announced, including The Walking Dead's Danai Gurira. I thought Boseman was great in Civil War.

Chadwick Boseman will star as the title hero of course, reprising his role from Captain America: Civil War and he’s joined by Michael B. Jordan (Creed, Fruitvale Station), who will play Erik Killmonger (a villain in the source material), Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years A Slave, Star Wars: The Force Awakens) as Nakia (a former member of Wakanda’s Dora Milaje, now an agent of Killmonger, and Danai Gurira (The Walking Dead) as Okoye (a member of the Dora Milaje, the wives-in-training for the King of Wakanda).

“I want to thank you for your energy, we’re gonna take it, work hard, and we’ll see you soon,” director Ryan Coogler said on stage. Production on the film begins in January in Atlanta, Georgia.

Coogler is both writing and directing Black Panther, which will continue the story of Boseman’s T’Challa, the warrior King of Wakanda, following his debut in this summer’s Captain America: Civil War. It’s unclear what other characters will appear in the film, though Andy Serkis’ Ulysses Klaw, who made his debut in Avengers: Age of Ultron, is one strong possibility given the villain’s role in the comics. It’s also quite likely that we’ll see the return of Martin Freeman’s Civil War character Everett Ross who, in the comics, worked closely with T’Challa.

cof3f5bwcaqysc6.jpg

Sam Jackson wanted to be in this, but was denied.

Also, I asked them, “So you’re doing Black Panther and the only black character in the Marvel Universe is not showing up?” And they’re like, “Nick Fury is not in Wakanda!” How can he not know the other black superhero on the planet? How the hell does that work? But they just said, “No you’re not in that one.”

• Upvote 2

Exclusive script extract.

Black Widow: Can you help me out with him?

Nick Fury: Oh really?  We’re both black so we must know each other…  Hey, Black Panther!

Irene: Hey, Nick!

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Are him and Thanos going to have a sit off in their massive chairs.

There can be only one winner in the battle of the Marvel Chairs.

TjPIrh8.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I love how they've gone very African/tribal with this. GotG felt like a breath of fresh air because we all thought it was the fantastical trappings of outer space gave it a different look and feel. Turns out we didn't have to leave Earth, we just had to leave America. Black Panther looks great. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Headache said:

Yeah, I love how they've gone very African/tribal with this. GotG felt like a breath of fresh air because we all thought it was the fantastical trappings of outer space gave it a different look and feel. Turns out we didn't have to leave Earth, we just had to leave America. Black Panther looks great. 

Hear hear!

That was a very quality trailer. Hopefully the film itself will live up to it.

That's an awesome cast. Even token blond white guy can throw in the occasional good performance.

I've just got to S4 of Person of Interest.  Winston Duke is great in that. 

• Upvote 1

I've only watched about 5 Marvel films, REALLY struggle to get through them and the last straw was the first 15mins of GOTG1. Not seen anything since then, this one looks like it could actually be interesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not sure what to say, I'm sure Marvel films are at least fun entertainment for many but if you're not into witty quips then they can be pretty hard going. Some Marvel films have been my worst cinema experiences yet, mainly Spiderman2, the first 2 ironmen films, the first Xmen, man those were brutal. Such a chore not to nod off.