rllmuk
Goose

Captain Marvel - Brie Larson to take the lead - March 2019

The Blockbuster video part was the only interesting part, mainly because that would alienate the China audience which would be pure madness for a big budget franchise. Unless they have an edit with a similar Chinese alternative to Blockbuster? 

• Downvote 7

10 minutes ago, Capwn said:

The Blockbuster video part was the only interesting part, mainly because that would alienate the China audience which would be pure madness for a big budget franchise. Unless they have an edit with a similar Chinese alternative to Blockbuster? 

Maybe not seeing the movie at all would be a bit of nostalgia for them?

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Eh? It's there to show this is in the past... everyone in the world knows about Blockbusters incredible decline because of digital disruption, putting this in instantly tells you this is at least 10 years  in the past.

29 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Yes, there is an increasing trends towards including locations, products and/or references that would mean something to the Chinese audience in blockbuster but the idea that Marvel should replace a Blockbuster video store, simply because it wasn't a thing in China is fucking nuts.

• Upvote 1

QXPR1N8.jpg

Click through to the full size version and have a look at the far left, about the base of the door.

Spoiler

Apparently her cat, named Chewie in the comics.

• Upvote 3

Regarding Blockbusters I was just saying that was the most striking shot of the trailer from the perspective of a non marvel fan. Was like 'Oh, look it's  a nice nod at that old video store we once used to visit." I just found it lovely actually, it's like a trailer for Iron Man 5 (or whatever it's on now) and seeing DowneyJr walking through a Tandy. Normally they wouldn't dare do that, so it's nice to see these super hero movies become more grounded in reality.

• Downvote 5

Are they in Canada?

So once Brie sorts it all out with Thanos, it does beg the question: why didn't Fury contact her in the first place? Surely that'd be easier than getting numerous, conflicting personalities together? Maybe the pager is only used for "really important" stuff, but I'd say wiping out half of all existence qualifies.

And there was no guarantee she even existed post Thanos bomb, as the life cleansing thing was random. Silly Fury, didn't think this through at all.

3 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Are they in Canada?

So once Brie sorts it all out with Thanos, it does beg the question: why didn't Fury contact her in the first place? Surely that'd be easier than getting numerous, conflicting personalities together? Maybe the pager is only used for "really important" stuff, but I'd say wiping out half of all existence qualifies.

And there was no guarantee she even existed post Thanos bomb, as the life cleansing thing was random. Silly Fury, didn't think this through at all.

I think this is the one question everyone is wondering. If he had this get out of jail free card at all times why didn't he pull it out before? He talks about in The Avengers that Thor was the catalyst for putting together the team, but here it looks like he already knew of powerful beings and aliens from other worlds, 10-15 years before he started putting together The Avengers.

This thread is only adding fuel to my theory that Capwn isn't actually from this planet either. Like an alternative Superman whose only power is the ability to shoehorn Canada into every conversation he has. It would explain so much.

• Upvote 1

Part of me hopes that after all this 'Ooooh just you wait until Captain Marvel turns up, Thanos is fucked' hype, he just turns around and punches her head off her shoulders, Jason Takes Manhattan style, then goes straight back to chilling on his space farm.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Andy_Why said:

This thread is only adding fuel to my theory that Capwn isn't actually from this planet either. Like an alternative Superman whose only power is the ability to shoehorn Canada into every conversation he has. It would explain so much.

Kin-El

• Upvote 9

It's an odd trailer, for sure. Seems to want to say Marvel's a badass hero with her own agenda, but then doesn't give her a voice! 

As mentioned above, you don't get any sense of character yet. Needs more Larson dialogue and more Skrull villainy to get a grip on the tone. At the moment, i'm getting strong Green Lantern vibes O_o