Goose

Captain Marvel - Brie Larson to take the lead - March 2019

The fish-out-of-water-amnesiac-super-solder/SLJ dynamic looks similar to the fish-out-of-water-amnesiac-super-solder/SLJ dynamic in The Long Kiss Goodnight. That is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I hadnt thought of that but now you mention it....you might be onto something. :)

Anyway, the three surprises for me there....

Elastica (!)

De-aged Coulson

Marvel is sassier than I'd have thought. Again, played opposite SLJ, this is a good thing.

Loving this new subscriber version of the upcoming Empire magazine:

DxL0olqXQAcwBXA.thumb.jpg.f344238b8d91a6528a36e5dd1fc3f956.jpg

Details about the new issue (which is out on the 24th):

Inside the issue, Empire went on the set of Captain Marvel in LA to get the inside story on the ‘90s-set adventure, its host of mysterious characters, and the indie-film directing duo stepping up to an entirely different level of filmmaking

• Upvote 7

On 09/02/2019 at 02:49, Goose said:

Marvel have launched a 1990s website for the movie - Shame they couldn't get a Geocities domain for it.

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

lol, the old lady. The animation is a bit too smooth to be authentic to the 90s web experience though.

On 09/02/2019 at 05:55, hub2 said:

Who checked the source code? Just me? ;)

Actually fairly modern isn't it? I guess if they went full old school it might not render correctly on current browsers.

On 09/02/2019 at 08:23, Stigweard said:

So 90s, it doesn't work haha

Screenshot_20190209-082247_Chrome.jpg

This may be what you meant... but it doesn't work on mobile. It works fine on desktop.

So, yeah, pretty 90s :D

• Upvote 1

It worked on mobile for me yesterday - in fact the site layout/width is mobile optimised.

The hype has got to me now - just went for it - Leicester Square Dolby Cinema on opening night. Ouch my wallet. This better be good!

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

Didn't the latest X-Men get a pasting in early screens?

Yeah - before and after reshoots.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, McCoy said:

When is early word ever not great.  It seems every shit comic book movie over the last few years has got amazing early reactions.  I'm looking at you Batman vs Superman. 

Early word from fanboys, not critics. In fact some fans pretended to have seen the film just to stick up for it. Happened with Venom too. I read an account on Twitter who was a massive Venom fan, he kicked off when word wasn't great and said the film was amazing. Then admitted later he'd not seen it yet :lol: