1 hour ago, Papaya Dance said:

I keep hearing how great The Expanse is but I've watched the first episode three times now and still not managed to get to the second one. How long do I need to stick with it before it clicks? If it's half a season then I'm out.

There's quite a bit of setup with a fair few characters and locations in the first couple of episodes so it can be less than cohesive.. but the space station setting of the initial couple of episodes is definitely NOT indicative of rest of the series, as you leave that and most of the characters there behind.. 

Episode 4 is generally the one that gets people hooked..

6 hours ago, McCoy said:

Plus you know they'll string out the Burn mystery for the entire season and eventually the reveal of what happened will either be shit, related directly to Burnham or, probably, both. 

I'm really afraid this is going to happen. I hope they've learned their lesson a bit, but... KURTZMAN. 

On 18/10/2020 at 12:27, McCoy said:

Plus you know they'll string out the Burn mystery for the entire season and eventually the reveal of what happened will either be shit, related directly to Burnham or, probably, both. 

They’ll reveal it was originally called the Burnham Event and the name has just mutated down the years, or something equally awful.

Just now, Death's Head said:

Yeah it’s pretty daft of them. I’d have thought Netflix would have got straight on it.

The fact that Picard went to Amazon leaves things wide open as to where Lower Decks eventually goes, but then you would expect an animated series to go for a lot less than a big budget movie like TV show like Picard/Disco (so easy pickings).

Perhaps neither service is interested in a "comedy animated" Trek series and would rather spend their money on more lavish offerings?

Either way, stupid decision leaving it this long to not sort out an international broadcaster in the age of Streaming. Funny, it was the Mando a year ago in the same position (although at least we had a date/timescale for wider release).

2 hours ago, Delargey said:

It's much better star trek than this or Pickard.

That's not to say it's any good though. My arsehole is better star trek than this or Picard.

Did the last bunch of Short Treks get picked up anywhere yet? I've still not hate watched them either and I must hate watch it all.