Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

Nah, I'm pretty sure it has its own team. Not a great team, but still, hopefully not all tripping off their balls on Adderall when they're smashing their keyboards. Trek shows always have their separate writers.

Didn't Enterprise have people who'd never written a single bit of Trek ever?

21 minutes ago, Meh said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it has its own team. Not a great team, but still, hopefully not all tripping off their balls on Adderall when they're smashing their keyboards. Trek shows always have their separate writers.

Didn't Enterprise have people who'd never written a single bit of Trek ever?

Not the exact same team, I was exaggerating for comic effect there (thank fuck) but there are still too many of them for my liking. Remember it’s the Discovery element of the team that’s caused problems by insisting that the series use their ship designs, despite that making no fucking sense. Here’s a snippet detailing the actual team:

“Kurtzman (Discovery co-creator) will executive produce the new series alongside newly-appointed Star Trek: Discovery executive producer James Duff, former Discovery executive producer Akiva Goldsman (The Dark Tower), Michael Chabon (Spider-Man 2) and Star Trek: Voyager and Discovery writer Kirsten Beyer.”

4 hours ago, Meh said:

Kill me.

I know. It makes me feel sorry for Patrick Stewart as obviously he wanted Picard to have a better send off than ‘Nemesis’, and this shite is doomed to mediocrity before it’s even started. 

Apart from the buggy scene, I haven’t heard much about his influence. Nemesis had way bigger problems than Stewart wanting an action scene or two, though. Specifically the dreadful Picard clone plot, and a director who actively hated Star Trek to the point of refusing to watch any episodes of TNG in preparation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2019 at 12:17, Garibaldi said:

I think fans of Game of Thrones and Star Wars are now in a better place to appreciate how we feel about Discovery’s writing team moving over to the new Picard series. 

All four of these problems can be solved by just watching the expanse instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get round to watching the finale before as my Netflix sub ran out, so have now watched it...

Fuck me. I think that might be one of the most brain dead, incoherent and nonsensical absolute piles of steaming sci-fi turd I've ever seen.

Is it wrong to have a crush on Admiral Cornwallis or whatever she is called?  

She must be pushing 60!!!!!:blah:

Other than her though best thing about this season is Spock constantly ramming home how ridiculous it is that Burnham wants to be responsible for everything that ever happened.  Klingon War, Death of parents, Spocks childhood, extinction of the dinosaurs, Wall Street crash, One Direction splitting up you name it.:lol:

Cornwell.

She's hot, so what if she's an older lady.  She reminded me of the lady in Westworld.

I found Renée Zellweger very attractive in What/If.

I we still allowed to talk about women's looks though?

On 05/06/2019 at 11:19, Cool Ben said:

I found Renée Zellweger very attractive in What/If.

I we still allowed to talk about women's looks though?

Zellweger's face is unrecognisable in that, it hardly moves. She's unrecognisable from only a few years ago.

57 minutes ago, Purin said:

Zellweger's face is unrecognisable in that, it hardly moves. She's unrecognisable from only a few years ago.

Yes I remember when she came back looking completely different.

There is something about her though that I didn't really find attractive before.  Maybe it was just how her character moody'd about the place.

I don't want to point fingers and say "IT'S KURTZMANN'S FAULT" - but it really seems to have went to shit as soon as he took over in, like, episode 6 I think it was.

Sure, the previous showrunners seem to have been massive arseholes - but if that's what it took to get these pathetic excuses for writers to deliver, then I'd rather have prick in charge. It was never great, but it at least had potential.

Now it's completely and utterly braindead on a magnificent scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazingly, even giving themselves an hour to go through it, they still missed out a huge amount of nonsense. The cyborg sacrifice ep, "you adore me", magical planet lady, inappropriate Kung Fu fights, data you can't destroy by blowing the server up, "lets never speak of this again", having a drive that lets you jump anywhere instantly and not just going the other side of the galaxy with it, St Burnham being the Alpha and Omega to all problems, we can never use hologram comms again because wibble...

My head was in my hands remembering all this stuff again too.

• 3 weeks later...