IGNORED

Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

And all done.

Once more, STOP FUCKING CHATTING.

Overall, despite the problems, I’d have to say I really enjoyed it. It’s not great, but I wanted to keep watching and some of the characters are excellent.

Not sure about their covering up of everything as an excuse for why they never saw Discovery again, mention Michael again, or try a new spore drive.

New series with Pike on the Enterprise please.

You didn't have any issues with the mummy spaceships giving birth to hundreds of baby spaceships? That's a pretty good trick. I wonder why they don't use it in the other Star Trek shows.

Oh. Because it's ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Meh said:

You didn't have any issues with the mummy spaceships giving birth to hundreds of baby spaceships? That's a pretty good trick. I wonder why they don't use it in the other Star Trek shows.

Oh yes, that was an issue. Although most of them weren't "spaceships", more little pod things. At the speed they fabricated the suit I'd imagine the much simpler pods were 3D printed in minutes.

7 hours ago, Meh said:

Oh. Because it's ridiculous.

I figured that was something Control did rather than a standard feature of those ships. It didn't explain the armada of pods and shuttles the Enterprise managed to throw out though.

2 minutes ago, Nicky said:

lets not forget the gigantic turbolift system which is so large i can only assume it sits within the mycelium network

Yeah, that’s bizarre. I put it down to it being a sort of cut through of the ship only showing the turbolift routes and no other areas. Still too big given the size of the ship though.

A bigger problem is the paradox of the red signals. Burnham only knows to go there because she went there already.

Oh, and do they not have tinted windscreens in the future? Every bright light blinds everyone on the bridge. In fact, why is it even a window?

yeah like i said earlier in the thread , strip all the flashy effects and actualy think about what is going on and the show falls apart at every angle. its college level competence from camera direction, script writing, story, actor directing, pacing, everything. the only departments that came out of this whole shitshow with any credibility were the VFX teams and audio teams

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

Yeah, that’s bizarre. I put it down to it being a sort of cut through of the ship only showing the turbolift routes and no other areas. Still too big given the size of the ship though.

Except they showed debris falling through it and going through a ceiling panel.

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

@deKay What did you make of the plot-armour-impregnated bulkhead door?

That the admiral had plenty of time to activate and then escape? Or at least try other stuff while she waited to explode? Or they could beam her out?

Baffling.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Oh, and do they not have tinted windscreens in the future? Every bright light blinds everyone on the bridge. In fact, why is it even a window?

Transparent aluminium? I've often wondered why the bridge was in such a vulnerable position on Starfleet ships. The location of the battle bridge on the Enterprise-D made a lot more sense than something right at the very top of the saucer section.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

That the admiral had plenty of time to activate and then escape? Or at least try other stuff while she waited to explode? Or they could beam her out?

Baffling.

That and the fact it was infinitely stronger than any other part of the ship, not because it made sense, but because it needed to be for ridiculous plot reasons.

7 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Transparent aluminium? I've often wondered why the bridge was in such a vulnerable position on Starfleet ships. The location of the battle bridge on the Enterprise-D made a lot more sense than something right at the very top of the saucer section.

Except that surely it became the top part and vulnerable once the saucer had separated and let the star drive section go into battle leaving it.....

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

Except that surely it became the top part and vulnerable once the saucer had separated and let the star drive section go into battle leaving it.....

Those are exceptional circumstances though. In day-to-day operations it's in a less vulnerable position than the normal bridge.

11 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Those are exceptional circumstances though. In day-to-day operations it's in a less vulnerable position than the normal bridge.

But it’s really only used in those exceptional circumstances, not when it’s safely tucked away. 

Watched three of the shorts.

Tilly one with Po was great (and explains where Po magically appeared from). Tilly’s mum is a cow. Why didn’t any sensors realise there was a life form in the cargo bay or the canteen exploded?

Saru one also great.

Craft one... wtf was that all about.

On 01/05/2019 at 22:55, deKay said:

(That said, I’m wondering if it still actually is, some of the time, but then that bins evidence to the contrary but then that hasn’t stopped the show doing that so far)

DING DING DING DING

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

But it’s really only used in those exceptional circumstances, not when it’s safely tucked away. 

Yeah, that's why I'm saying it'd be better to conduct normal bridge operations from that location instead.

14 minutes ago, Purin said:

Another season of THE FUCKING BURNHAM SHOW.

Lot's of  emotion and great acting I'm sure.

It's the Tilly show feat, Burnham.

I'm almost done with the final episode now. I just can't stomach watching it in one go. It just has so many stupid fucking moments. Why is the Discovery bridge being shaken apart by explosions, but Burnham and Spock are all peaceful in the shuttle bay having another little whispered conversation to each other?

Why did Burnham have to do a 100m start and sprint before taking off and then waiting and waiting to open the black hole, but her mum could just up and vanish in seconds? (they might have an explanation for that, but I'll probably have dozed off listening to it.

Pike says "everybody cover Burnham, all enemies will be targeting her", so Burnham flies off under heavy fire and decides to so a nice skimming fly-by of the Enterprise. So any shots missing her, shoot the shit out of the ship helping to protect her. For no other reason I'm sure, than the writers/FX people thought it would look cool.

Tilly hasn't had to do much thank god.