IGNORED

Star Trek Discovery

Commander Jameson

Just now, deKay said:

Nah, it's nice. I said hyper, not hyped too.

You know...it's ok if you just like her because she puts tingle in your dingle. That's fine :)

(It's nice to see someone enjoying something though - keep the updates coming.)

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Everyone keeps saying this but so far it's mostly just getting better and better. Series 2 is way more enjoyable than Series 1. It's more fun. More Star Trek.

I thought exactly the same earlier in the season. It still wasn't great, but I was enjoying it for what it was and it seemed to be making a real effort to fix the mistakes of the first season. Then it all went a bit wrong.

29 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I thought exactly the same earlier in the season. It still wasn't great, but I was enjoying it for what it was and it seemed to be making a real effort to fix the mistakes of the first season. Then it all went a bit wrong.

At around the same time the showrunners changed, I think :/ 

Bye bye Robocop. Literally no character exposition at all, ever, and they cram it into the episode they kill her off but nobody cares. It’s hardly Yar.

Couldn't they just beam her to the brig or something? Bit odd. Also, too much chatting when Non (or whatever she’s called) had her breathing thing punched off.

Tilly being told to get to the point constantly by Pike is great. It’s like tl;dr.

Burnham and Spock “playing” chess was rubbish.

Nobody spotted the faked video? Really?

I swear to god they forgot they had transporters at the end of that episode. Sure, they’d need to drop shields, but wasn’t the station’s only defence the fucking mines?

Just now, Meh said:

I swear to god they forgot they had transporters at the end of that episode. Sure, they’d need to drop shields, but wasn’t the station’s only defence the fucking mines?

They also forgot they had transporters in the season finale as well :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Meh said:

I think there was originally a scene where Anonymous Bridge Officer #3 said 'I can't get a lock, there's too much interference', but they had to cut it to fit in an extended Burnham middle-distance stare.

3 hours ago, Meh said:

...which they had to drop shields for anyway because otherwise they were drawn to it except they raised shields later anyway.

17 hours ago, deKay said:

Nobody spotted the faked video? Really?

Did you miss the bit before Talos IV where Amanda said Spock's ramblings were undecipherable by the best minds in the galaxy? Burnham puts them backwards. It's space co ordinates!

:D

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Did you miss the bit before Talos IV where Amanda said Spock's ramblings were undecipherable by the best minds in the galaxy? Burnham puts them backwards. It's space co ordinates!

Ah, but Section 31 knew they were going to Talos so had already deciphered them.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

It's okay, deKay. You're among friends here. Tell us it's shit.

It's really not. It's wonky, it's broken in places, it's baffling in others, but it isn't shit. I wouldn't even say it was bad. It's "fine".

Not everything has to be at one end of the spectrum or the other.

It's insanely badly-written, though - you can't deny that. There's people on the bridge who we've got no clue about. Where's main engineering? Why'd Starfleet not go forward with Spore Drive tech? It was proven to actually work just fine. There's other things that I'd ask, but they'd spoiler events. It just keeps making such dumb mistakes.

This is not a show which is 'fine'. Sure, it's not as beyond saving as something like Dexter post-season 4, but it's definitely bad from a Star Trek perspective.

It doesn't even make any fucking sense!

It does remind me of the new movies, where it would drag you along for a fun ride but as soon as you think about any of it, it all falls apart and makes each rewatch that little bit more painful.

Except in this case it's not as fun a ride and it would be too painful to rewatch. 

“The red angel is Burnham”

”Are you sure?”

”It’s an exact DNA match it’s impossible that it isn’t”

”It’s not Burnham”

(That said, I’m wondering if it still actually is, some of the time, but then that bins evidence to the contrary but then that hasn’t stopped the show doing that so far)

Tilly bursting in and never getting to the point is never not brilliant. :wub: 

What isn’t brilliant is how WHEN TIME IS RUNNING OUT they stand around fucking chatting instead of JUST GETTING ON WITH IT.

Why is the Admiral suddenly a therapist?

How many more people are going to come back from the dead?

But that all said, actually enjoying Control’s takeover of wossname, even though it feels like a Red Dwarf plot and the being stabbed in the eye but was perhaps the most horrifying piece of TV I’ve ever seen. My own eye is currently in pain as a result (I have an eye “thing”).

22 minutes ago, Nicky said:

the admiral was a doctor.

Glad they deus ex machina'd that then.

Also why does Admiral Cornballs' face seem to be melted half the time?

And won't SOMEONE tell Tyler to WASH HIS FUCKING HAIR?

3 minutes ago, Hexx said:

:lol:

I love (but I'm completely puzzled by) your enjoyment.

I think it's a trait I have - always start the "story" far too early in the anecdote so can take an age to get to the point. But it's funny when she does it. Every. Single. Time. Love it.

Absolutely no Tilly this episode :(

Not much Stamets either. Some Reno though, she’s bloody great.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey planet was weird. Seems wrong being Klingon. Loved Pike’s future visions though! Glad they wrote that in.

Burnham getting caught in a trap could be seen miles away. She or Spock should have seen that coming. All went a bit Terminator 2 then.